THE BROWNS BOARD

CUTS

Solon16

(edge)...not cut but waiting to wear Brown and Orange

Houston Stanley McClover DE Cut

New Orleans Jason David CB Cut

Miami Eric Green CB Cut (make him a safety)

Feel free to add to list when they become available....

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't really know much about the others, but I'd say no way to Edge.

Eric Green already signed with someone. I'm sure the team has a short list and if there are some injuries tonight or next week in practice they have to look at the positions where they are thin. Personally, I'd be more interested in young guys let go on the final cuts for our practice squad. I really don't see anybody out there presently who has just been cut that could come in and make the final 53.

If they trade Cory Williams they could be looking for some new blood at DE. But, with everyone being healthy the loss of Williams wouldn't be a big deal. I see him behind Coleman, Smith, Mosley and even Leonard. Purcell could even work his way into the rotation this year. He seems to have added some muscle and is stout at the point of contact. He has had a solid camp. I hope his injury isn't severe. I like what I have seen in him this year.

Just saw Miami's third/fourth string running back...Lex Hilliard...second year from Wyoming...the real deal...I hope he gets cut by miami...5'11 240, great pass catcher and fearless runner, hits hole quick.

I watched that game, too. He looked good and with a lof of effort...that leap over the defender was impressive.

Guest Aloysius
Just saw Miami's third/fourth string running back...Lex Hilliard...second year from Wyoming...the real deal...I hope he gets cut by miami...5'11 240, great pass catcher and fearless runner, hits hole quick.

For both good and bad, Hilliard reminded me of those Rashad Jennings highlight reels Playground kept on posting: great size, nice burst, good as a receiver. But not much real "power back" stuff in between the tackles.

I haven't seen enough of Hilliard to know whether that's indicative of his overall game, but it's something to take note of. Anyway, I doubt the Dolphins will release him.

One guy I'd look at is Gary Russell. He's currently with the Raiders, but he used to be the Steelers' short-yardage back. He's had some character issues in the past, so I'm not sure Mangini would be interested, but I'd certainly take a look if/when he gets cut.

Also, Marlon Lucky, a guy many on this board liked, ended up getting cut by the Bungles. Early reports from OTA's were very positive, so I'm not sure what happened there. He may have just fallen behind backups Brian Leonard (who can also play FB) and 6th rounder Bernard Scott, who's really impressed. I think his upside as a 3rd down back would warrant giving him a look, especially since Jerome Harrison's a free agent after this season. Might be worth bringing him in now and stashing him on the p-squad.

Might be time to get Manning....Pool ANOTHER concussion? Damn he gets cuncussed every fourth game....

That's because the only way he knows how to tackle is to spear them with his helmet. Almost all of his concussions were self-inflicted. Until he learns to wrap-up and tackle somebody with is body, then he's going to be a constant injury liability.

New England Tank Williams S Cut

Don't know where he is at in his NFL career, but we do need help at Safety. I sure do like the idea of putting Furrey back there in certain schemes and dimes situations. He did well in that capacity for the Rams.

Guest Aloysius

Tank Williams is more of a S/LB tweener. The Pats signed him last year to work as a nickel linebacker and special teams guy, but he went on IR with a knee injury.

I noticed that Pat Chung played a similar role in the Pats' second preseason game. He looked good in that role (though he struggled in other areas). That could be why Williams was cut.

Just caught the SF game vs Oak....

SF cant keep won't keep 4 Rb's that means one of these two will be cut...Michael Robinson(former QB from PSU) or Kory sheets...I truly hope sheets gets cut....he was absolutely great in the game and at Purdue... and I want him on the Browns. Hope he's on the Browns and pray we snap him up if waived

Guest Aloysius

Yeah, Sheets looked good in that game, as he has all preseason. But he's not the Mangini type: the coaching staff at Purdue prohibited him from speaking to the media after he publicly trashed the team's starting QB.

I bet they hold on to all of their RB's. Michael Robinson's versatility makes it easier to keep four on the roster.

Sheets looked great...I don't know how you can keep telling me what guys Mangini or Kokinis would take...just don't know you'd know this....If sheets is available and we don't get him....I'll start to take one foot off the bandwagon...

Guest Aloysius

You're right. If you'd asked me before the draft, I would have predicted that Coye Francies had been taken off the Browns' draft board.

But Sheets definitely doesn't fit what we've been led to believe Mangini's looking for.

Sheets looked great...I don't know how you can keep telling me what guys Mangini or Kokinis would take...just don't know you'd know this....If sheets is available and we don't get him....I'll start to take one foot off the bandwagon...

later chief.....

fickle fans are funneh! :lol:

Not the Browns bandwagon d-bag...the mangini wagon.. Just like you... This thread is about guys I'd like to bring in, guys you'd like to bring it ...you go and same some dum shit like that...fickle fans my ass Been a fan for 35 years...you aren't even that old Punk.

Jason David got constantly burned in NO and we have interesting prospects like Coye Francies and Brett Lockett, we don't need David. Coye Francies makes the roster no questions asked and Lockett (IMO) makes the roster too. IMO when it's all said and done the depth chart will have Wright,McDonald,Francies,Lockett and Hood. Things are going to get very interesting in the secondary, if Francies keeps up his level of play, him and Hood could be fighting for B-Macs spot as a starter.

I couldnt agree more david is to worn and we have francies who is a serious prospect,wright and mickeyD are developing very well and hood adds a veteran touch and can still play....;)

Guest Masters
Safety, DE and OLB are of need... I like Mike Brown, everyone thinks hes too old but the leadership he could provide for Elam and Adams that he would bring would benefit and he might be a good stop gap for the year till we can draft someone next year. Since no ones expecting much out of us, maybe this is a good year to evaluate what weve got and plan for next year. Picking up any of the vet safeties wouldnt hurt our cause.

Problem with Mike Brown is he's only healthy for about 5 games each year.

Archived