THE BROWNS BOARD

IT'S DRAFT DAY BITCHES!!!

Tour2ma

15 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

OK so which group of analysts will you follow for the draft, DJ & Co. on NFL Net or Mel K & Co. on ESPN?

... or Herbstreet and Co. on ABC.

Imma go with Greenie and Louis Riddick on ESPN... although I'm not sure I can handle Kiper + Booger.

13 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

I meant Tour, but yeah... I'm sure you old guys can all hit the sauce pretty hard.

😘

Hic- wine is grape juice...

10 hours ago, Orion said:

I pledge allegiance...to the flag...

....headphones.....turned up loud......of course....

My pal Don (staying at his place) is a HUGE Neil Young fan. Neil is one of the few guys where I can actually play a few of his songs.  :) 

EDIT...  Bruce Berry was a working man, he used to load that econoline van...   

• Haha 1

Turning out to be about enough Kiper.. he's basically the backup analyst if this was a live game, greenie the call and booger the lead analyst. 

Kiper's personality is the uncle who you're scared of what's going to come out of his mouth at Thanksgiving this year.  Will he have a weird right-wing slogan? Or does he have a heart? Either way, I respond by eating turkey.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

Turning out to be about enough Kiper.. he's basically the backup analyst if this was a live game, greenie the call and booger the lead analyst. 

Kiper's personality is the uncle who you're scared of what's going to come out of his mouth at Thanksgiving this year.  Will he have a weird right-wing slogan? Or does he have a heart? Either way, I respond by eating turkey.

True- they keep Mel around- because he's sort of a fixture...Other serious draft analysts are way more reliable.  They mocked him when the Steelers pick came up... The Draft Manning- Rivers- Roethlisberger...  Mel "I guarantee you one of them is going to bust."  :D 

I knew he was full of it way back when he kept on screaming mmmuuuusssstttt draft Hart Lee Dykes.... My pal said who? Never heard of him... Now there's a trivia question- who took him in the first round....   It branched into a discussion of the biggest draft busts of all time.  I'll go with the flow on that one, and put Jafattus Russell and Ryan Leaf as 1A and 1B..... :) 

8 hours ago, hoorta said:

True- they keep Mel around- because he's sort of a fixture...Other serious draft analysts are way more reliable.  They mocked him when the Steelers pick came up... The Draft Manning- Rivers- Roethlisberger...  Mel "I guarantee you one of them is going to bust."  :D 

I knew he was full of it way back when he kept on screaming mmmuuuusssstttt draft Hart Lee Dykes.... My pal said who? Never heard of him... Now there's a trivia question- who took him in the first round....   It branched into a discussion of the biggest draft busts of all time.  I'll go with the flow on that one, and put Jafattus Russell and Ryan Leaf as 1A and 1B..... :) 

To be fair....you can look at most every  draft in the last  20+ years  where there were  3 or more QBs taken,  and  there are almost always  2-3  busts, or at least disappointments among the first round QBs:

1999  Couch/Smith/McNown  disappoint   vs.  McNabb/Culpepper

2002    Carr/Harrington/Patrick Ramsey   vs.    No One

2003  Leftwich/Grossman/Boller   vs.   Carson Palmer

2004   JP Losman  vs.  Eli/Rivers/BR        

2005  Jason Campbell  vs.     Rodgers/Alex Smith

2006  Vince Young/Leinert    vs.   Cutler   (if you consider his career somewhat of a success)

2007  Jamarcus Russell/Brady Quinn  vs.  No One

2009  Sanchez/Josh Freeman   vs. Matt Stafford

2010   Bradford/Tebow  vs. No One

2011  Locker/Gabbert/Ponder   vs. Cam Newton

2012  RGIII/Weeden   vs.  Luck/Tannehill

2014   Bortles/Manziel/Bridgewater   vs.   No One

2015  Winston/Mariota   vs.  No One

2016  Paxton Lynch/ Carson Wentz/Jared Goff.    Difficult to say yet whether  Wentz/Goff  are disappointing or not.

2017  Trubisky   vs.   Mahomes/Watson

Too early on anything past this.   Highlighted are only years where  half or more of the QBs taken can be considered successful I would say

So, as you can see,  I don't think is it at all a stretch to predict that  a couple of QBs  in a  4-5 QB first round draft would be  busts.    History...as you can see from above,   for the most part confirms that fact.

In fact....I think it very easy to say that  at least   2-3  of the following:   Lawrence/Wilson/Lance/Fields/Mack  are going to busts or disappointments. 

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Good for Todd...

Used to see him on ESPN on Day's 2 and 3 with Trey Wingo and Mel and Riddick. Hope he's on tonite.

Think I will take a peak though I like DJs after pick takes on players on NFL Net and how they might or might not fit the team that took them.