THE BROWNS BOARD

Anderson looking like the starter tonight

DieHardBrownsFan

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought that both QBs looked good tonite. DA looked very good in the first quarter. And yes DA did put BQ in the 3rd and 1 position that he got sacked on but that sack was not BQs fault, so that is nothing to talk about.

BQ looked good in the pocket and if not for penalties he made a few very nice passes, I would question some of the play calling though.

What we should be talking about is that the defense actually looked like they could play tonite. We will see next week when they play an NFL team.

Anderson throws for 120 yards, including 5 20+ yard plays, in the first quarter. The browns are up by 20 points.

ALMOST as good as what Quinn did to them as a rookie after holding out until a few days before the Detroit game. And guess WHICH poster reminded everyone it was only Detroilet? That would come from 1 Loverboy Lane.

God bless ya!

- Tom F.

and did you notice they didn't trust DA to throw in the redzone so they had Jamal run for the TD?

That is a lame reason. If we take that reason as a case point, then the fact that they did not bring Quinn to play means they dont trust him @ all ?

We score a touch down after 7 games and what do we do ? argue if DA is better or BQ ! cos the rest of the team is playoff material right ? :blink:

That is a lame reason. If we take that reason as a case point, then the fact that they did not bring Quinn to play means they dont trust him @ all ?

We score a touch down after 7 games and what do we do ? argue if DA is better or BQ ! cos the rest of the team is playoff material right ? :blink:

It is preseason guy. Who cares if they score a TD, cause it doesn't count. Listen, considering how scripted everything is in the preseason, don't you think a little effort by the Lions to eh..actually play defense may have led to a different endpoint? Ditto on the Browns last week against the Packers.

That is the point of the so called "QB" battle. If Mangini doesn't know who he wants at QB right now, then he will never make it as coach.

Hey, just providing the numbers, guys.

QB rating is what they evaluate every other quarterback by, so it's relevant in our case, too.

Really? They don't evaluate QBs based on Wins and Losses?

Speaking of which, Quinn looks so damn good as a QB yet he hasn't racked up a single W. He looked so good at that scrimmage a few weeks back, right? Yet, who got the W? Right! He looked superb against GB last week, right? Yet who got the W and who got goose-egged?

Let's go back to that scrimmage. Who in their right mind would rather have Quinn "looking good" while racking up the L instead of DA looking like crap yet racking up the W?

It's all relative. The only reason Quinn looks like such a fantastic QB is because everyone is comparing him to Anderception. Set your standards a little higher.

Wins and losses, grasshoppers...Wins and Losses!

-Al

P.S. So...

Dawson - 9

JLew - 6

Davis - 6

Cribbs - 6

Anderception - 13 (By proxy)

Quinn - 0 (Two weeks and counting)

I doubt it thought. Cos if he has picked his QB, then it is absolutely quintessential that the first team QB gets the most reps. Else the preseason games goes to waste.

Besides, looking at the way Brett FAvre played last night, I feel that we do have a realistic chance of pulling of an upset if we still face Vikings with Favre @ the helm.

NO DA LED ONE DRIVE for 7 points. Cribbs scored on a punt return, and the second "Drive" was a result of an int DEEP in detroit teritory

Da played well enough to stay in the discussion of who should start.

DOn't over do it though.

Thanks JADBF!

This is typical! DA always got all the credit for Josh Cribbs giving us the conference best field position. Today, he's getting credit for Cribbs' return as usual. Basically, DA led 1 TD drive against a team that was 0-16. Now Loverboy is spinning that like a DJ puttin the needle on the record.

Then we play real teams - Loverboy has a tendency to blame Hurricane Ike, Mother Nature, Jack Frost and now the concussion. Wasn't someone insinuating Quinn shouldn't have started if he was too injured to play with a fractured index finger? Isn't it funny how that criteria changes for the concussion/walking coma or whatever the freak it was?

I'm at the point where I've seen 27 DA starts where I actually INLCUDE the last 9. We're a 3-6 type of team with him on a normal schedule. If the football gods will ever be kind enough to give us 10 opponents that averaged 4-5 wins again - we could go 8-8 with DA. No thanks!

I'm going to trust Mangini will understand why the last brass got fired and that 31 other teams consider DA a backup. Doesn't mean Quinn has proven a THING as it's been said. It just means DA has proven he's not the right guy. Since we drafted Quinn in round 1 - it would be nice to start him when the ENTIRE team is interested in the season. If we throw him out there again after the shit inevitably hits the fan with Dumb Ass - I'll guarantee a guy like Shaun Rogers tells us he's done with the Detroit mindset he thought he left already.

- Tom F.

Oh come on AL, set YOUR standards higher! Wins and Losse? Teams can win DESPITE their QBS. Don't settle for a QB that is "barely good enough".

Quinn may not be the answer...but DA isn't either.

And again. Giving DA credit for 3 points on a field goal when they started with field position in field goal range seems strange to me...give credit for those 3 to Wright.

Fair enough. I have to wait until tomorrow to watch the game on NFL Network. I'm just going by what youz guyz is sayin'.

I know that DA is definitely not the answer. He's streakier than Craig Ehlo and Gerald Wilkins's secret love child...but we have to hold Quinn to a higher standard. We can't say, "Oh Quinn's 23 QBR is better than DA's 19." That's ridiculous.

Utterly ridiculous.

-Al

P.S. I've come to learn that in NFL Terminology, "good enough" most often means "not good enough."

That's mostly why I'd prefer to see Quinn start at least half this year. End the debate. If Quinn sucks...then we're screwed.

Right! 'Cause we already know that DA sucks. Let's see what the Quinner can do.

-Al

Thats complete BS, DA in the first quarter was facing a cover 1 the whole time, I was there. As soon as they switched to the cover 2 during his 2-minute drill DA couldn't do shit, he makes a high throw and it goes for a pick, classic Anderception

If it wasn't for Mr.St. Clair tonight Quinn would've had himself 2 mighty fine drives down field, but mr. St. Clair decided to cause 2 penalties and mess our shit up, I was pretty pissed. St. Clair better be running hella laps on monday

Quinn played good, but diddnt get enough snaps nor pass plays called, he was at 3rd and 5 TWICE and Daboll calls a run to Davis TWICE. It almost looked as if they were doing that to Quinn on purpose.

DA threw a pick tonight, classic, it was a very high, short pass that was rocketed out of the cockpit. He also severely underthrew Braylon on a would be TD pass. To be honest DA diddnt really show me anything, Lewis scored that TD, not DA, and DA fizzled out in the red zone like 3-4 times tonight

Sorry guys but if you look at the whole picture including last week, Quinn still has this one in the bag

Thats complete BS, DA in the first quarter was facing a cover 1 the whole time, I was there. As soon as they switched to the cover 2 during his 2-minute drill DA couldn't do shit, he makes a high throw and it goes for a pick, classic Anderception

If it wasn't for Mr.St. Clair tonight Quinn would've had himself 2 mighty fine drives down field, but mr. St. Clair decided to cause 2 penalties and mess our shit up, I was pretty pissed. St. Clair better be running hella laps on monday

Quinn played good, but diddnt get enough snaps nor pass plays called, he was at 3rd and 5 TWICE and Daboll calls a run to Davis TWICE. It almost looked as if they were doing that to Quinn on purpose.

DA threw a pick tonight, classic, it was a very high, short pass that was rocketed out of the cockpit. He also severely underthrew Braylon on a would be TD pass. To be honest DA diddnt really show me anything, Lewis scored that TD, not DA, and DA fizzled out in the red zone like 3-4 times tonight

Sorry guys but if you look at the whole picture including last week, Quinn still has this one in the bag

I agree, Quinn did good. I think Quinn is the man. But, but the competition is still not dead.

The one thing that tonights game showed me is that some of the posters on this board know diddley squat about football...

Some of you should put aside your personal biases and just watch the game, your critque of what I saw tonight is really off the wall and in no way accurate...

Peace

T.Dawg

jadbf DA threw for over 100 yds in one quarter PERIOD. He did well tonight, that pick off the tips of our guy was the same as Quinns tip of a their linebackers one just got caught by the wrong guy.... It happens neither was a terrible read or forced play.

DA threw for 61% and WE SCORED.... that BS about coach/offensive coordinator confidence is so laughably stupid about the playcalling for Jamal to run in it on a short field after all passes getting us there is so dumb and biased based on your pure conjecture its not even logical.

This is PRESEASON and we need to see ALL of starters in specific performance situations....

Shut up about the 2 minute drill... WE WERE UP BY 20 points and it was about 1:00 when we actually got the ball.... good god.

I thought BQ got screwed by some funky offensive calling like DA did last week not to mention St clair blowing up BQ's drive by himself.

We looked much better against another terrible team lets see what happens next week against Tennessee, I think we will have our starter after next week.

The pass at the end of the 1st half never should have been thrown. Watch how he moves into the pressure, than chucks it into the air. At these precise moments good teams wait for the other team to choke. Had that been regular season, the 2nd half pressure on DA would have caused him to fold after halftime.

Seriously he just chucked it up and prayed. That is what I can't stand him as a starter.

Remember folks. Mangini stated he is testing these guys under pressure. Throwing for 130 yards and leading the team to 13 points is outstanding for 1 quarter of work.

But how did you finish under pressure?

The pass at the end of the 1st half never should have been thrown. Watch how he moves into the pressure, than chucks it into the air. At these precise moments good teams wait for the other team to choke. Had that been regular season, the 2nd half pressure on DA would have caused him to fold after halftime.

Seriously he just chucked it up and prayed. That is what I can't stand him as a starter.

Remember folks. Mangini stated he is testing these guys under pressure. Throwing for 130 yards and leading the team to 13 points is outstanding for 1 quarter of work.

But how did you finish under pressure?

I'm glad Quinn showed us how to follow up a dropped pass in the end zone last week.

"Derek Anderson started and went 6-of-9 for 119 yards in the first quarter including completions of 39 yards to Braylon Edwards, 24 yards to Mohamed Massaquoi and 20 to Cribbs. He finished 8-of-13 for 130 yards and was intercepted by William James in the closing seconds of the first half on a pass that went off Davis' hands and led to the field goal that provided the Lions' first points."

Here is the reaction to that last pass in Camp Quinn:

Guest TheJokersWILD
Too bad the stains don't play the hapless Lions every week. Yinz might hit .500 this year.

Regards

..... an'at

What are the odds that you post a comment during a Browns game :lol: You are always on this site talking shit, you post during a Browns game, what you secretly a Browns fans??? It's ok if you are :) We all know how infectious it is to root for a great franchise like the Browns :)

I'm so sick of this 'BQ Fags' and 'DA Fags' thing, and I can't believe there's people in this thread trying to say DA had a bad game.

just give us a winner at the QB position and I don't give a damn who it is, however I am a bit concerned about DA's consistency so if he can do what he did against detroit next week against tennessee I'll be convinced, Quinn looks more consistent though.

I'm glad Quinn showed us how to follow up a dropped pass in the end zone last week.

"Derek Anderson started and went 6-of-9 for 119 yards in the first quarter including completions of 39 yards to Braylon Edwards, 24 yards to Mohamed Massaquoi and 20 to Cribbs. He finished 8-of-13 for 130 yards and was intercepted by William James in the closing seconds of the first half on a pass that went off Davis' hands and led to the field goal that provided the Lions' first points."

Give me a break. Dude we have seen this from DA before. I admitted he did some nice things tonight. But look man, he did it against the NYG, and then crapped the bed against WASH. So tell me dude, which QB is he? Which one will show up against BAL and PIT?

Don't give me this shit about DA playing well. I've seen it before, I know he has good games in him. I also know he has not done this when we needed it, nor has he done it against the good teams in the AFC, not has he been consistent enough to play well week in and week out. The team has not played well, but if he had played well we'd never be having this conversation.

So when you complain about DA not getting a fair shake, it is because we don't know who the f*ck the real DA is. Is it the guy vs NYG, or WAS? Don't act like we all are down on DA because we like BQ. Some of us are down on DA because of DA and his Sybil-like performances.

You say you've been a fan for 40 years. Well, do you think DA can play like this for 16 games? 10? 5? What does the past tell you? Hell I have seen DA have games like Stafford had.

You say you've been a fan for 40 years. Well, do you think DA can play like this for 16 games?

I think he can go 10-5 over 15 games. I think he can throw 29 TD passes in one year.

I think he is a 25 year old QB with one of the best arms in the NFL.

I also think he is inconsistent and that Quinn would beat him out by now.

I was wrong.

Zombo

I'm so sick of this 'BQ Fags' and 'DA Fags' thing,

Man that is where we're at right now, and that is what 100% of the Browns forums are like......Only thing I can suggest is take a few days off, because the week ahead is going be stormy and rainy, with a chance of thunderstorms.

I cannot imagine what Mangini is thinking right now. But he needs to pick a starter for Tenn and stick to it. The starter needs work with the first team.

I think he can go 10-5 over 15 games.

That is not what I asked. But seeing as how "HE" went 10-5, that 5th loss was surely a pressure game for him. How'd he perform? Remarkable how he can't get it done under pressure, and yet dazzles in the preseason.

Quinn has played well, not great, and maybe not winning over many people. But I have seen this before from DA. I won't be fooled again.

I think he is a 25 year old QB with one of the best arms in the NFL

There is more to it than throwing the ball and having an arm. Beating a game plan against you and running one of your own come to mind.

I'm so sick of this 'BQ Fags' and 'DA Fags' thing, and I can't believe there's people in this thread trying to say DA had a bad game.

just give us a winner at the QB position and I don't give a damn who it is, however I am a bit concerned about DA's consistency so if he can do what he did against detroit next week against tennessee I'll be convinced, Quinn looks more consistent though.

No one is saying DA had a bad game, but you have take preseason for what it is.

I don't believe he had a overly good game. He had some good throws but a number of bad throws. The Lions came out in a pretty dull package with little intensity, which is obviously going to give the Browns first team Offense alot of leverage. I thought 2/3 completions weren't that good of throws, but for what it was, they worked out. The rest of the night he was very inconsistant.

The winner has already been picked, long ago IMO. The battle is now between the people who think there is no competition vs. the ones that do. Interesting the Andersonites believe there is a competition. Shows who is the starting QB.

aside from folding like a cheap suit in the 2 min drill DA actually did pretty good. maybe he got back to even with BQ at very best.

however BQ still pulled a 3-5 in his second outting and no int. DA gained ground but his horrible game last week still has him a bit behind imo. that int and crappy 2 minute drill didn't help either.

I think there is a competition or the coach is a total idiot. If BQ has already been decided as the QB then why would you waste first team reps on the backup? That makes no sense at all. You would give BQ almost all of the first team reps if he was already the starter.

There is a competition and this game did little more than make the coaches decision a little more difficult. DA played well in this game and that keeps him in the running. But I did get to watch this game and the truth is BQ played well also. He completed a couple of nice passes down the field that got called back because of penalties and I think he also had some very conservative plays called for him. BQ showed a nice pocket pressence and stepped up in the pocket pretty well.

DA completed several mid range passes and even a few short ones. He did throw that quick slant to cribbs awful hard, looked like he was trying to place the ball and not throw it and he under threw BE on that long pass early in the game. But basically DA played very well and the OL blocked nice for the first quarter.

I fully expect this QB decision to be made soon hopefully this week but I do not think that the 4th preseason game will be like most years. I think the Browns will actually give the first team QB a full half to play. And I actually think that both QBs should play half the game next week. Since I think that BQ was slightly ahead going into tonite I actually think he is still slightly ahead because a tie goes to the unproven player I think in this case.

Archived