THE BROWNS BOARD

Anderson looking like the starter tonight

DieHardBrownsFan

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Masters
DA did look very good. But most Browns fans will pick apart in positive the Browns had if it doesn't include Quinny. Homos.

Nothing like poor English followed by calling people homos. Way to fit a stereotype

Nothing like poor English followed by calling people homos. Way to fit a stereotype

You guys are getting a little too excited here... Most of his passes were off the mark. And as usual, he DID rifle a short pass which was picked.

no TD's

Anderson looked like a starter.

Then, he DIDN'T look like a starter.

The cannon short throw that was almost into the feet of the receiver?

The bad overthrow?

DA is too inconsistent, and he's a long ball cannon.

His throwing motion doesn't seem to be dependable, to be polite, at all on short throws.

He doesn't run well, and is far less elusive that Bernie Kosar in his prime.

Quinn will end up being the starter, we'll see how he wins that job, or not, vs the Titans, who have the #8 defense

per a rating of all the teams I noticed online.

BTW, it was a list of the top 30 defenses.

Detroit wasn't even on the list...... @@

So, if Quinn shines, Da fades.

Anderson looked like a starter.

Then, he DIDN'T look like a starter.

The cannon short throw that was almost into the feet of the receiver?

The bad overthrow?

DA is too inconsistent, and he's a long ball cannon.

His throwing motion doesn't seem to be dependable, to be polite, at all on short throws.

He doesn't run well, and is far less elusive that Bernie Kosar in his prime.

Quinn will end up being the starter, we'll see how he wins that job, or not, vs the Titans, who have the #8 defense

per a rating of all the teams I noticed online.

BTW, it was a list of the top 30 defenses.

Detroit wasn't even on the list...... @@

So, if Quinn shines, DA fades.

The part I put in bold sums up my feelings about DA. If he could play like he did on MNF against the Giants on a consistent basis, he'd be one of the top qbs in the NFL. However, I've seen way too many Cincinnati stinkers out of Anderson for my liking.

And FWIW, I'm no Quinn fag. If Brady plays poorly, he'll get exactly the same treatment from this corner.

Everybody will give Quinn the same treatment we give DA

Browns lose to Denver (worst D in football): QUINN WAS AWESOME!!! BEST QB PERFORMANCE IN BROWNS HISTORY!!!!!

Browns lose to Houston with backup QB: QUINN'S FINGER HURT!!!! IT'S NOT HIS FAULT!!!

Contrast that back to when Anderson tossed 5 TDs and was named NFL Player of the Week: WHEN IS QUINN GOING TO START??? BQ SHOULD START VS THE RAIDERS!!!

so stop trying to explain away your gay love of Quinn inspecta. It ain't even up for debate.

Not a soul called for Quinn to start for the Raiders game after Anderson lit up the Bengals, now you're just flat out lying Lumnuts

Hell, we were all DA Fags after that game, myself included.

Guest Masters
Contrast that back to when Anderson tossed 5 TDs and was named NFL Player of the Week: WHEN IS QUINN GOING TO START??? BQ SHOULD START VS THE RAIDERS!!!

*sigh* Let me remind you of DA's performance in the games prior to the Giants game and after.

Before

11/24 (45%) 114 yards, 1TD, 2 fumbles vs. DAL

18/32 (56%) 166 yards, 0TDs, 2INTs vs. PIT

14/37 (38%) 125 yards, 1TD, 3INTs, 1 fumble vs. BALT

15/24 (62%) 138 yards, 1TD, 1INT, 1 fumble vs. CINCY

After

14/37 (38%) 136 yards, 1TD, 1 fumble vs. WAS

Browns lose to Denver (worst D in football): QUINN WAS AWESOME!!! BEST QB PERFORMANCE IN BROWNS HISTORY!!!!!

Browns lose to Houston with backup QB: QUINN'S FINGER HURT!!!! IT'S NOT HIS FAULT!!!

so stop trying to explain away your gay love of Quinn inspecta. It ain't even up for debate.

In all fairness I posted earlier Denver's defense stats and they were not the worst, second worst to Detroit. But Lum if you are going to compare BQs first 3 starts to DA's first 3 starts then you have to look at 2006 for DA. I posted the stats earlier for his first two games against Pittsburgh and Baltimore. I did not post his 3rd start stats but if I recall he threw 4 ints against Tampa Bay. But overall DA and BQ had very similar stats in their first 3 starts.

And know that if you throw the 5 TD game out there all anybody has to do is comeback with the 4 int day that he had when the playoffs were on the line. I said it earlier though, I think the problem is the number of passes that RAC and the OC called for. If you throw the ball 35 times a game you are going to get game planned for. Look at the games that DA managed (less than 25 passes), the Browns won them all.

And as I try and point out to BQ backers, you DO NOT HAVE TO BAD MOUTH the other QB to make a case for your choice. When talking about DA you can make a case for DA without mentioning BQ at all. Even in his bad streches I don't think DA was as bad as people are making it seem. There were lots of factors involved and the Qb was only one of them.

Did not write it well, I actually was directing it at lumbergh. I was saying that I have said that to BQ backers before and that the same applies to Lumbergh. I just did not word it well. But yes I would love to see Lumbergh defend DA without calling people names or bashing BQ. And I have seen some decent posts from him but he always puts a gay spine on it so it gets lost because he posts like a douche.

It could have been worse. They could have lost to BQ in the preseason instead of crushing him.

That's one way of looking at it. It kind of looked to me like Quinn remembered throwing multiple TD passes on them as a wide eyed rookie without any training camp reps. It got so out of hand, RAC didn't want to have the refs review ANOTHER TD pass the replay was clearly showing. I think BQ felt like he was supposed to kneel down on the ball and show good sportsmanship instead of rubbing in how bad Detroit sucks.

I try to refrain from defining our starting QB by the Detroit barometer. I would hope everyone else is willing to raise the standard as well. That said, I don't recall DA throwing any TD passes on Detroit in 2007 or 2009.

- Tom F.

Archived