THE BROWNS BOARD

Anderson's Two Minute Drill

ClevelandFanForLife

Anderson is finally proving that he can throw short passes with a soft arm. The only problem is he is showing it in the two minute drill. However he did prove again that he cannot throw short when he zipped that one too hard and high and threw that pick. Enjoy the bench.

Anderson is finally proving that he can throw short passes with a soft arm.

If this was Youth Football that would be a positive. Understanding he's an NFL QB in a division with Pittsburgh & Baltimore Defenses - that's a little dusturbing.

- Tom F.

Anderson is finally proving that he can throw short passes with a soft arm. The only problem is he is showing it in the two minute drill. However he did prove again that he cannot throw short when he zipped that one too hard and high and threw that pick. Enjoy the bench.

You do realize you contradict yourself withing 2 sentences? So which is it? Can he or can't he throw the short ball. Gheesh.

Never should have been thrown. Watch how he moves into the pressure, than chucks it into the air. At these precise moments good teams wait for the other team to choke. Had that been regular season, the 2nd half pressure on DA would have caused him to fold.

Seriously he just chucked it up and prayed. That is what I can't stand him.

Remember folks. Mangini stated he is testing these guys under pressure. Throwing for 130 yards and leading the team to 13 points is outstanding for 1 quarter of work.

But how did you finish under pressure?

Just watched the int multiple times on NFL.com, it wasn't thrown that hard, even appeared to have a tad bit of arc, which for a pass that only covers 6-9 yards in the air means it wasn't drilled. Coulda been a bit lower, but it was at the top of the helmet and should have been caught for decent yardage. It's all up to Mangini anyways.

Just watched the int multiple times on NFL.com, it wasn't thrown that hard, even had a tad bit of arc, which for a pass that only covers 6-9 yards in the air means it wasn't drilled. Coulda been a bit lower, but it was at the top of the helmet and should have been caught for decent yardage. It's all up to Mangini anyways.

Nope, it was moving higher than the helmet. That is why it wasn't caught. He lost control of it when he threw it.

If you think this thread's a hoot, just wait to some of the gem's that will be planted on here during the next week.

Lumbergh (the character) is ejaculating all over his Derek Anderson poster right now as he smells a lock of DA's hair he got through unspeakable connections.

At any rate. Quinn will still be the starter opening day. Tonight changes nothing except DA will probably keep his #2 spot and not fall below Ratcliff.

Mangini will likely choose DA as the starter this was the game mangini was waiting for as his excuse for his choice of DA and i like bartel better than ratty whom is the other qb manfooli loves ratty is horrible far worse than DA he is bad game in and game out unlike DA whom is hot and cold...;)

Just watched the int multiple times on NFL.com, it wasn't thrown that hard, even appeared to have a tad bit of arc, which for a pass that only covers 6-9 yards in the air means it wasn't drilled. Coulda been a bit lower, but it was at the top of the helmet and should have been caught for decent yardage. It's all up to Mangini anyways.

"bout a yard high" was Bernie's quote.

PM me if you need to know who Bernie is.

ROOTMFFLMMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're so cute Drunky.

Guest Masters
good god he did not throw that too hard.. a bit too high yes.

It was too hard as well. There is no reason for that much zip on on a simple check down.

I know this is the place to 'discuss', but really.

What did we see against Detroit that we havn't already seen with DA?

There is no way Mangini starts DA.

The one drive you can give credit to DA, he stared down his receivers. A decent defense won't let that happen.

Ratliff needs to step it up, especially against the scrubs.(Unless its our scrubs playing alongside Ratliff that look like highschoolers)

2-minute drill for Quinn vs 2-minute drill for Anderson.

Quinn drove the ball 45 yards.

Quinn did it in about 30 seconds of clock time

Quinn hit Braylon in the hands, but in the end, he threw a pick.

DA didn't drive the ball.

DA's clock management was sloppy and wasteful

DA ended with a pick and didn't drive the ball at all.

However, the longer this method of deciding a QB goes on, the more I realize it's just going to be up to Mangini's gut reaction. Quinn is not going to lay an egg and DA is going to continue to go from looking great on one series to looking clueless on the next.

If we have 10 preseason games, the story will be the same.

2-minute drill for Quinn vs 2-minute drill for Anderson.

Quinn drove the ball 45 yards.

Quinn did it in about 30 seconds of clock time

Quinn hit Braylon in the hands, but in the end, he threw a pick.

DA didn't drive the ball.

DA's clock management was sloppy and wasteful

DA ended with a pick and didn't drive the ball at all.

However, the longer this method of deciding a QB goes on, the more I realize it's just going to be up to Mangini's gut reaction. Quinn is not going to lay an egg and DA is going to continue to go from looking great on one series to looking clueless on the next.

If we have 10 preseason games, the story will be the same.

GREAT points Ocon!

I say SCREW the preseason games and watch film of DA's last 9 starts. If that doesn't DEFINE what he's done with his tenure - we might as well just keep him in there and move the team to Oregon. Serioulsy, I can't watch MUCH more of the Summer School fire drill on game day.

If I want to watch 60 minutes of NO offense - I'm coming dangerously close to saying I'd rather watch SOCCER. No offense.

- Tom F.

ball was in Davis' hands.

yeah but the problem still remains: da was moving the ball down field 6 yards a play. he never threw down field and hardly even looked to do so. he thought that by checking down he could drive the team into field goal range. unless the lions were playing prevent, the plan would never have worked in only one minute's time.

Guest Masters
just like you tell the peewee players, if its in your hands, catch it. If it was Braylon instead of Davis this board would have his head.

I wouldn't be on BE for that one, or anyone else. It's a bad pass by DA. It's a 9 yard pass thrown like it needed to go 30 and was high. A guy 9 yards out does not expect a throw to come in like that and has little time to react to it. Not to mention it was just an ill advised pass considering the situation.

Alos, there is a difference between "in your hands" and "your hand touched it as it sailed over your head at 90mph".

The coach puts it on DA, why shouldn't we?

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/..._talks_abo.html

I wouldn't be o BE for that one, or anyone else. It's a bad pass by DA.

For masters, it depends on who is playing QB.

For instance when BQ fired one over Winslow's head vs the Broncos that ended the game, Masters and co had a slightly different view of the situation....("K2 SCREWED BRADY!!!")

Guest Masters
For masters, it depends on who is playing QB.

For instance when BQ fired one over Winslow's head vs the Broncos that ended the game, Masters and co had a slightly different view of the situation....("K2 SCREWED BRADY!!!")

LMFAO..... First of all, they are apples and oranges. The Winslow play was a ball thrown with the correct touch and literally in Winslows hands. The play last night was not the same case.

Secondly I have claimed any player screwed any other player, or anything implying it. Pretty much have never said anything close to what you are implying after the DEN game, or any game. You must be confusing me with yourself, and how you respond to any dropped pass from DA. It's always the other guys fault.

Johnny Come Lately, if you bothered to read what I wrote, you'd know better than to even try this one. I mean I didn't even get on BE for last weeks endzone drop, and actually defended him some on his drop of it. Really sounds like the type of person that would say a player screwed BQ by dropping a ball....

But you keep grasping at straws and showing us all you don't pay attention to the games or what you read on this board.

Archived