THE BROWNS BOARD

Togiai, Togiai, Togiai !!!

The Gipper

On 7/1/2021 at 7:59 PM, gumby73 said:

Thanks! I'm not sure what happen? It was there before my bedtime...It was gone at sunrise, before i left to go to work...

I think Billings is in good company... https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/07/01/large-contingent-of-browns-training-together-at-brandon-marshalls-florida-facility/

Maybe Billings deleted it? 🤓

That's outstanding, because Myles and Billings are (as a duo) the most important players on this front.     Malik out there being the elder statesman and working with the younger IDL is fantastic.  I'm sure Billings wants to prove his worth at his job and secure a long(er) term contract.     And you guys know me, I love my reasonably priced interior hogs.  

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/browns-breakdowns-what-dt-tommy-togiai-brings-to-the-d-line

https://www.beaconjournal.com/story/sports/pro/browns/2021/08/01/cleveland-browns-strongmen-andrew-billings-jordan-elliott-slim-down/5444373001/

I've got to renew my Akron Beacon Journal acct... so I'll post this last one until i can get around to it.. ^^^

Andrew Billings lost 20lbs from Mandatory Camp... to Training Camp 👀

think Billings is in good company... 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/07/01/large-contingent-of-browns-training-together-at-brandon-marshalls-florida-facility/    

Browns notebook: Andrew Billings, Jordan Elliott drop weight, show their strength

Nate UlrichMarla Ridenour
Akron Beacon Journal

0:44
1:06

Defensive tackle Andrew Billings during the second day of Browns training camp

BEREA — Andrew Billings dropped the weight the Browns requested, and Jordan Elliott actually lost a little too much in the eyes of the coaching staff.

Browns defensive line coach Chris Kiffin outlined the physical changes of defensive tackles Billings and Elliott in a pre-practice news conference Saturday.

Billings is intriguing because he has a chance to start after opting out of the 2020 season due to COVID-19 concerns specifically tied to his severe asthma. He has been practicing with the first-team defense all offseason.

Coach Kevin Stefanski noted he hadn't met Billings, a former Cincinnati Bengals starter, in person until this spring. The Browns signed Billings in March 2020 to a one-year contract worth $3.5 million fully guaranteed.

“First of all, he's the strongest guy I've ever seen — state high school [powerlifting] champion [in Texas],” Kiffin said. “He lifts up our sled — it's like 2,000 pounds. So just straight strength, first of all.

“He lost 20 pounds this offseason, got down to the range we wanted him at and he's working his tail off. He missed a lot last year. He told us he missed being out there with the guys, and he's excited to be back. We'll see what we get when we get rolling, but we're excited about him.”

Kiffin insisted he wasn't being hyperbolic about the strength of Billings, listed at 6-foot-1 and 328 pounds, and Stefanski agreed with the assessment.

“Andrew did a great job working on his body. He really did. He's in a good spot,” Stefanski said. “He's extremely powerful. You should hear the weight coaches talk about his power.

“He's rare. He has a rare ability to move people.”

Cleveland Browns' Jordan Elliott chases down Washington's Antonio Gibson during a third quarter run on Sunday, Sept. 27, 2020 in Cleveland, Ohio at FirstEnergy Stadium. The Browns won the game 34-20. [Phil Masturzo/ Beacon Journal]

A 2020 third-round draft pick, Elliott has Kiffin “super excited” because of how he performed last season as a rookie despite the pandemic limiting the amount of in-person coaching he could receive. Elliott appeared in all 18 games, including the playoffs.

“He focused on running [this offseason]. Obviously, he focused on lifting as well,” Kiffin said. “He’s a very strong kid, but he did lean down. He’s in the 285 range right now, but we want him to play closer to 290-3[00 pounds], something like that, where he’s not going to get bounced around. But he is a really strong kid.

“What he felt like last year was he couldn’t turn and run and be consistent play to play getting after ball carriers downfield, things like that. So he challenged himself in that area, and I’m proud of him for that. Now it’s just about maintaining, putting on some good weight as we work through training camp and not getting lighter.”

— Nate Ulrich