THE BROWNS BOARD

Draft Grades

Flugel

On 5/2/2021 at 1:22 PM, tiamat63 said:

PFF's draft grades from 2016

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2016-nfl-draft-grades-for-all-32-teams

Grades after the draft rarely look good on anyone. We addressed things with logic, let's hope it plays out.

Yar- 2016 Bungles A-? Are any of them still in the League?  Coleman was a bust, but at least several of the Browns picks that year are still playing, though on other teams....

EDIT: Taking a longer look- it's shocking on how few of the players (any team) drafted 5 years ago are still in the NFL... Not For Long...  :(  

5 hours ago, Zombo said:

Leave it to Mel to bring our grade down ...

Z

Why I'd rather watch NFLN than listen to Mel blabber... Took some nerve on Berry's part to wait on Koramoah. Daniel Jeremiah had him as "best available" at the start of Day2, and many of the talking heads had a first round grade on him.  :)  

5 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

He doesn’t grade on a curve thats for sure 

Barely concealed Ravens homer... Did give just about everyone a "B" grade.... Sort of like college today. Show up for class, get a "B".  

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

Two things there.....as noted,  Kiper does NOT believe in drafting RBs in round one.....and, just like his downgrading of the Browns,  his Ravens  honkishness means he will downgrade the Steelers as well.  

Are pointless. Classes shouldn’t be graded until those players have been in the league for two or three years and I’d lean three. Grades are just a means for clicks and a lot of the “bigger names” are really damn bad at it. 

Kiper being one of the worst. Let it be known he gave Jarvis Jones an A+

• Upvote 2

On 5/4/2021 at 11:02 AM, calfoxwc said:

I don’t hide ever. I have a business in food and we are busy as hell. The board also went completely bat shit on mobile for a stretch and when it does that I just don’t get on the board as I’m infrequently on my laptop and the better half has been using it for book keeping bs. Draft grades will always be stupid and I’d say the same If the Steelers had an A+ 

I really like our draft. It’s entirely too early to put a grade on any of them. Draft grades are for clicks when the season is in a holding pattern. It’s also why the league makes a big ass deal out of the schedule. Kiper giving the Steelers the worst draft grade just shows his ineptitude. He is also why I literally never watch ESPN draft coverage. He sucks at his job. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

On 5/12/2021 at 6:42 PM, Vagitron said:

I don’t hide ever. I have a business in food and we are busy as hell. The board also went completely bat shit on mobile for a stretch and when it does that I just don’t get on the board as I’m infrequently on my laptop and the better half has been using it for book keeping bs. Draft grades will always be stupid and I’d say the same If the Steelers had an A+ 

I really like our draft. It’s entirely too early to put a grade on any of them. Draft grades are for clicks when the season is in a holding pattern ahead of training camp. It’s also why the league makes a big ass deal out of the schedule. Kiper giving the Steelers the worst draft grade just shows his ineptitude. He is also why I literally never watch ESPN draft coverage. He sucks at his job. 

You have a restaurant? 

26 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Actually,  everything has a sort of fishy taste. 

Oh I get it............ geeezzz someone open a freakin window.      :o

On 5/19/2021 at 2:11 PM, bjh2130 said:

I work in Delaware at PPG. What's the name of your restaurant? I'll venture a guess. Hamburger inn

Definitely not the hamburger inn.

I know someone named Dana that works at PPG. (drives an s2000 in the summer) She’s a regular.  I own a juice and smoothie joint near Wendy’s. 😎🤙

• Like 1

On 5/19/2021 at 9:34 PM, mjp28 said:

Oh I get it............ geeezzz someone open a freakin window.      :o

Gipper is just sad he’s on ignore. Fuck the board is a lot better. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Vagitron said:

Definitely not the hamburger inn.

I know someone named Dana that works at PPG. (drives an s2000 in the summer) She’s a regular.  I own a juice and smoothie joint near Wendy’s. 😎🤙

if we're ever in Delaware, I'd stop in. My brother-in-law tried that once, years ago, organic smoothies and stuff, but he said folks didn't want to pay so much more for the high quality. Hope yours does well.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Gipper is just sad he’s on ignore. Fuck the board is a lot better. 

Hardly.  I had his cunthole  on ignore for a while, until I figured it was a cunthole  move to do so.   And yet, notice that even though he has me on "ignore"  he can never seem to ignore me.  

11 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

if we're ever in Delaware, I'd stop in. My brother-in-law tried that once, years ago, organic smoothies and stuff, but he said folks didn't want to pay so much more for the high quality. Hope yours does well.

I would stop in as well.  I really have nothing against this little  twerp...other than that he is a Steeler fan which I attribute to poor upbringing.  And the fact that he is often a cunthole. I mean, he clearly can't take a little trash talk.   Of course, in my career I have dealt with far bigger cuntholes than him.  Far far bigger.  Like you know, serial killers,  wife murderers, water intoxicated addicts...yes, that is a thing  it really makes a person crazy etc.   I do notice that he does not mention the name...or location of his place. Not much confidence in his offerings? 

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

I would stop in as well.  I really have nothing against this little  twerp...other than that he is a Steeler fan which I attribute to poor upbringing.  And the fact that he is often a cunthole. I mean, he clearly can't take a little trash talk.   Of course, in my career I have dealt with far bigger cuntholes than him.  Far far bigger.  Like you know, serial killers,  wife murderers, water intoxicated addicts...yes, that is a thing  it really makes a person crazy etc.   I do notice that he does not mention the name...or location of his place. Not much confidence in his offerings? 

I know the place he is talking about from the location he gave and I've heard really good things about it. He just may want to remain anonymous and think his business is doing just fine without trying to get people he frequently argues with to attend. If he gave out the name of his business his anonymity would be gone and most likely less than 3 people would stop and try his place out. If people are ever in Delaware they just have to Google Wendy's and drive to each of the 3 locations and you would find it based on his description.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, bjh2130 said:

I know the place he is talking about from the location he gave and I've heard really good things about it. He just may want to remain anonymous and think his business is doing just fine without trying to get people he frequently argues with to attend. If he gave out the name of his business his anonymity would be gone and most likely less than 3 people would stop and try his place out. If people are ever in Delaware they just have to Google Wendy's and drive to each of the 3 locations and you would find it based on his description.

Well,  juice and smoothies are pretty limpy  for me to go out of my way for. So it may be less than 3 people that would stop. 

12 hours ago, bjh2130 said:

Exactly. Thank you and I appreciate the kind words. We do pretty well and for all the reasons you mentioned I didnt give specifics. Gipper is just old and grumpy. He's on ignore because he can't act like a big boy. 😂

On 5/21/2021 at 1:27 AM, calfoxwc said:

Thanks Cal. I also get that completely. We aren't "panera puree" smoothies so they do cost a little more  but you get what you pay for and they are filling. A friend of mine in college, his older brother actually started it. It's a very successful franchise now based in North East ohio. My store, one of three in Central. His original store catered Browns training camp twice two seasons ago. He's diehard Browns. I'm obviously not. Lol

We hope to open a couple more and I can finally transition out of being a "working owner" and I can just market and interact with staff/customers. I'm currently still slanging them behind the counter. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Exactly. Thank you and I appreciate the kind words. We do pretty well and for all the reasons you mentioned I didnt give specifics. Gipper is just old and grumpy. He's on ignore because he can't act like a big boy. 😂

Again I’m on ignore but he can never ignore me. Every post he makesis about me. He could have stopped after his third sentence above. But nope like Willie Nelson said I’m always on his mind

On 5/22/2021 at 3:12 AM, Vagitron said:

Thanks Cal. I also get that completely. We aren't "panera puree" smoothies so they do cost a little more  but you get what you pay for and they are filling. A friend of mine in college, his older brother actually started it. It's a very successful franchise now based in North East ohio. My store, one of three in Central. His original store catered Browns training camp twice two seasons ago. He's diehard Browns. I'm obviously not. Lol

We hope to open a couple more and I can finally transition out of being a "working owner" and I can just market and interact with staff/customers. I'm currently still slanging them behind the counter. 

Good for you.  Hard work pays off.  I hope you get to 4-5 stores.  Stay in operations to some extent.  Nobody cares as much as you do.  In the early-mid 70's my brother had a chance to buy a McDonalds restaurant.  I invested in his company to front him a portion of the money and took a 15% stake.  I never took any pay or profit sharing for 10 years.  He ended up owing 5 restaurants in central Florida.  It worked out well for us both when he sold in the early-mid 90's.  The point is even when he didn't need to be actively involved, he still had his hands in daily operations on a regular basis.  Good luck!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 5/21/2021 at 6:39 PM, The Gipper said:

Well,  juice and smoothies are pretty limpy  for me to go out of my way for. So it may be less than 3 people that would stop. 

Out of curiosity what is lumpy? I've never heard the term. I think I have an idea but I'm not positive. 

9 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

Out of curiosity what is lumpy? I've never heard the term. I think I have an idea but I'm not positive. 

Limpy was the word.    Adjective form of limp.  You know...without substance, a bit weak, lame,  not hard.      As distinguished from limpid, which means clear or transparent. 

As used in a sentence:   As a meal choice,  smoothies are a limpy substitute for real food. 

As for lumpy, that may be a bit of an antonym of limpy.   "This smoothie  isn't smooth at all.  It is lumpy with huge chunks of fruit snd kale in it" 

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Limpy was the word.    Adjective form of limp.  You know...without substance, a bit weak, lame,  not hard.      As distinguished from limpid, which means clear or transparent. 

As used in a sentence:   As a meal choice,  smoothies are a limpy substitute for real food. 

As for lumpy, that may be a bit of an antonym of limpy.   "This smoothie  isn't smooth at all.  It is lumpy with huge chunks of fruit snd kale in it" 

Yeah my phone auto-corrected. My apologies. For someone who threw a hiss fit anytime someone made a joke about his phone putting the same statement twice when using talk to text features you sure are fucking prick. You know why phone auto corrected it? It's not a real fucking word (adjective form of limp lol)

I assumed you meant it more in a limp-wristed way as much as you use homosexual insults so thank you for informing me of what it meant. Go fuck yourself for being a prick. 🙂

• Haha 1