THE BROWNS BOARD

Rodgers for Baker is being speculated by the media. Thoughts on Rodgers with this roster!

I’m generally an “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” guy. Rodgers the last few years really comes off as having a sense of entitlement, maybe rightfully so, but l’d be mighty concerned about injecting all that entitlement into my favorite team.

Stay with Baker... I don't want to go through the QB carousel again in 3 years...

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

Let this thread die now. Troll, can't you see what happened - you made nickers and I agree.

And that is something up with which I cannot put!

Now that’s dedication to not ending a sentence with a preposition. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Comeonman said:

Baker is the QB, guys. He’s earned it. He’s not the best in the league, but he’s our guy. 

He's just begun to scratch the surface of his abilities ... We'll be fine with Baker at the helm...

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

Let this thread die now. Troll, can't you see what happened - you made nickers and I agree.

And that is something up with which I cannot put!

Don't worry , Bubba!... You'll live

1 hour ago, SkippinTurtles said:

Rodgers might be the best we'll see in our lifetimes in a lot of ways.  This Defense might be top 5.  Potential dynasty?

He is not the best I have seen in my lifetime.  Certainly he has superior arm talent.  But I would not put him above Elway/Marino.  I also saw Namath whose arm was just as good...though his legs were not.   Mahomes could be a match. Bradshaw had a monster of a gun.  And guys like Doug Williams and Jim Hart were a match in strength.

That is just arm strength.   When it comes to overall leadership ability,  clearly there are much better.   Brady/Montana/Staubach/Russell Wilson/Aikman/Tarkenton/Brees/Peyton/Kelly/ and more.  Even Bernie IMO matches him there if not in arm strength. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That would be a great way to derail the positives we have going in our favor.  Baker is the leader of our team. You don’t let the leader go in good times unless they retire.  Should be a good lesson for other organizations too.

He’s a perfect fit for the Giants.  
Right now they are a year away from confirming what many know - Danny Dimes ain’t the right QB.  Good thing they have a couple 1st round picks.   They do have a nice collection of weapons and they spent (don’t know if it’s wisely yet) draft capital and other capital to patch up of the Oline.  Insert Rodgers and 6-10 goes to 10-6. 

• Like 1

Cap aside... I'd make the OP's move in a heartbeat.

Love Baker, but if you want to have a realistic shot at winning it all now, then you want one of the 3 best QBs in the game today under Center.

Of course... the cap says, "Nope... ain't gonna happen."

Plus Rogers prolly says, "Nope," as well...

The "North Coast" ain't the West Coast... or at least near it.

This is some fun hypothetical "whataboutism", but is there a reasonable way this trade could even work money-wise, without gutting some of the Brown's roster?

I thought I heard today on the radio that Rodgers does not have a no trade clause, and Cleveland is a team that has been mentioned to be on his "yes" list. But at what cost? In a vacuum I'd do Baker for Rodgers straight up, in a heartbeat. But Baker, one or two other (probably major) contributors, and a shitload of future draft picks? I'm pretty sure I'd pass. I think the team has a strong foundation for the long term, and I don't want to gut that for an all-in run for 2, maybe 3 seasons... and then a brutal rebuild. I think Rodger's salary would be crippling in the long term for a team to take on that was not built around that salary. 

9 hours ago, SkippinTurtles said:

Behind the best O-Line since the 90's Cowboys.  Throwing to Odell.  Handing to Chubb and Hunt.  My god.

Did you cream yourself dreaming up this scenario that has a snowball's chance in hell of actually happening?  

1A) Rodgers is going to be 38 in December. Unless he's got a deal with the devil like ageless Tom Brady- he has maybe a couple years left of productivity. 

1B) Rodgers is a prima donna sort of guy- or you miss the memo he wants the Packers GM fired?  That sort of attitude will fly like a lead balloon in Cleveland.

2) Exhibit 1C would be to look at what happened to the Denver Broncos who brought Peyton Manning aboard.  Except for the year they went 9-7 after Manning retired- they went directly in the crapper- and have been there since.  Go ahead- dream of the one Super Bowl win- and then back to 20 more years of crap football.  Sorry, not interested in instant gratification. . Even getting Rodgers is no guarantee to the Promised Land. Just ask the near perfect Patriots who lost on a miracle play. 

3) Crap- we just cut Sheldon Richardson because of cap constraints.. How many other guys you going to unload to fit Rodgers $37 million under the cap? Even Landry AND OBJ don't get you there.  :D

4) Baker is the QB of now and next year- considering the Browns picked up his 5th year option- and Berry isn't that damn stupid to listen to anything some half baked GM wannabe guys living in their basements are dreaming up. FWIW, it's not just Baker for Rodgers straight up. The Packers will demand multiple high picks on top of that.  

• Upvote 4

Rodgers for Baker is being speculated by the media. Thoughts?

On 1/21/2021 at 10:53 PM, gumby73 said:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Rodgers for Baker is being speculated by the media. Thoughts?

Lmao

Watson for Baker. Rodgers for Baker. Next will be Brady for Baker. 

unless we’re talking Mahomes for Baker and we can make it fit in the cap, I don’t want to hear about it. 

40 minutes ago, Comeonman said:

Lmao

Watson for Baker. Rodgers for Baker. Next will be Brady for Baker. 

unless we’re talking Mahomes for Baker and we can make it fit in the cap, I don’t want to hear about it. 

Butcher for Baker

Cobbler for Baker

Candlestickmaker for Baker.    At least that  one rhymes. 

• Haha 2

There some big assumptions being made with this proposed trade:

1. Baker isn’t getting better as a QB.  And will not improve enough to get to and win a super bowl. 

2. No dollars and cap are being discussed and We can bring in Rodgers without sacrificing any other roster pieces that would make us weaker in other areas although stronger with Rodgers behind Center.   This is where our front office would see this offer (if made) and walk in the other direction. 

3. The Packers want Baker over Jordan Love.  Do they want another player (maybe) or more picks and in that case what do we do with Baker then...we lose leverage with other teams and sell him off for pennies on the dollar.

4. Rodgers = Super Bowl.  He’s one 1 SB in his time in GB. 

5. we would compete with other teams and give up 1s and players we need. 

1 hour ago, SdBacker80 said:

1. Baker isn’t getting better as a QB.  And will not improve enough to get to and win a super bowl. 

2. No dollars and cap are being discussed and We can bring in Rodgers without sacrificing any other roster pieces that would make us weaker in other areas although stronger with Rodgers behind Center.   This is where our front office would see this offer (if made) and walk in the other direction. 

3. The Packers want Baker over Jordan Love.  Do they want another player (maybe) or more picks and in that case what do we do with Baker then...we lose leverage with other teams and sell him off for pennies on the dollar.

4. Rodgers = Super Bowl.  He’s one 1 SB in his time in GB. 

5. we would compete with other teams and give up 1s and players we need. 

This is nothing more than some trolls trying to start something that really is not there.. Puhleeze!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

The bigger assumption is that some  blowhard with a keyboard or a TV camera in front of him invented this as just some Wild Ass Way   to stir conversation.  That particular assumption was correct. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/4/2021 at 8:17 PM, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Rodgers is too old.

Says a sexagenarian... :D

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Says a sexagenarian... :D

Hilarious answer... Had me rollin'