THE BROWNS BOARD

So Here You Are

As a Republican do you go along with Cheney or stick with the Trump Rabbit Hole?

https://news.yahoo.com/op-ed-rep-liz-cheney-005637616.html

"The Republican Party is at a turning point, and Republicans must decide whether we are going to choose truth and fidelity to the Constitution," wrote the Wyoming Republican. "In the immediate wake of the violence of Jan. 6, almost all of us knew the gravity and the cause of what had just happened — we had witnessed it firsthand." 

A novel by the recently deceased Larry McMurtry captured it in a nutshell with this scene in "Hud". Think of Liz as the old man (the Old Republican Party) and Newman (Hud) as Trump and the direction he is taking the New Republican Party.

US protests: More riots and lawlessness in cities across nation

https://www.foxnews.com/us/us-protests-more-riots-and-lawlessness-in-cities-across-nation

Saturday’s unrest included damage to federal buildings and local police precincts -- and even a fatal shooting

Portland, Ore.: Courthouse fence breached

A huge crowd that included the Wall of Moms and the Wall of Vets turned out for yet another day and night of rioting and lawlessness in Portland, Ore., a city that has seen more than 50 consecutive days of such behavior since Floyd's death.

image.thumb.png.272989879bae04a595f66c5264bc7a97.png

Early Sunday local time, rioters broke through a reinforced fence that surrounded the Mark O. Hatfield U.S. Courthouse in the downtown area, OregonLive.com reported.

Federal agents assigned to guard the building deployed tear gas and the Portland police declared the scene a riot around 1:15 a.m. local time, the report said.

Seattle: Explosive blows hole in precinct wall

At one point during Saturday’s daylong protests in Seattle, rioters threw an explosive device that created an eight-inch hole in a wall of the police department’s East District, police Chief Carmen Best said, according to the Seattle Times.

SEATTLE POLICE DECLARE RIOT AFTER PROTESTERS SET FIRE TO CONSTRUCTION SITE

“What we saw today was not peaceful,” Best said. “The rioters had no regard for the public’s safety, for officers’ safety or for the businesses and property that they destroyed.”

Austin, Texas: Fatal shooting

A fatal shooting occurred around 9:50 p.m. during a protest in the city, according to reports.

Police said a man carrying a weapon approached a vehicle – but a person inside the vehicle fatally shot the man, the Austin American Statesman reported.

Aurora, Colo.: Vehicle drives through crowd; courthouse fire

A frightening moment happened along Interstate 225 when a vehicle drove through a crowd of marchers in Aurora, Colo., The Guardian reported. At least one person was struck by the vehicle and was taken to a hospital.

Oakland, Calif.: Courthouse fire

Hundreds of protesters marched through downtown Oakland, smashing windows of the city’s police headquarters and setting a fire inside the Alameda County courthouse, according to reports.

Omaha: ‘Potential of getting violent’ prompts arrests

Between 75 and 80 protesters were taken into custody after police declared an unlawful assembly, the Omaha World-Herald reported.

Jan 6th pales in comparison to Biden's minions death, looting and destruction...

Liz Cheney -= only a moderate DEMOCRAT would agree with anything she spews.

she just wants a part of being elected as a democrat because the left is that vicious.

She is not a republican, she just pretended to be one to get elected in Wyoming.

She is just a "conservative" member of the deep swamp. I didn't like her father, either.

both were just big players in the deep swamp.

2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Oh really!  Not what Newsmax is reporting. But then every legitimately ethical, principled person who has ever said they disliked Trump running the party is always "tainted" according to you. 

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/christine-todd-whitman-cheney-trump-republicans/2021/05/06/id/1020376/?ns_mail_uid=6d52df85-236f-4a8f-8332-d84fdb5d6ebf&ns_mail_job=DM217418_05062021&s=acs&dkt_nbr=010502noszta

From the article: 

Cheney is likely to lose her seat chairing the House Republican Conference, said Whitman, adding that that means the party can no longer call itself a party of principles. 

Instead, the party is shifting into being one based on "whatever Donald Trump tells us to believe at any time, that's what we will do and say (and) it's going to be very hard for people to deny this," said Whitman. "She's bringing it straight into their faces ... she's standing up for the principles and she's going to lose her job over it, but she will be regarded as a true leader because of what she's doing."

2 hours ago, BaconHound said:

I’m uneasy that my party is being lead by Trump but not overly surprised.

Uneasy? You should be scared shitless that an autocrat tried to usurp power on Jan. 6 and destroy a democracy in the process. The man will not even listen to Republican election officials or to the courts all the way up through SCOTUS on this. And apparently neither will all his little sycophants scurrying around like so many lemmings looking for a sea of election money.

55 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Uneasy? You should be scared shitless that an autocrat tried to usurp power on Jan. 6 and destroy a democracy in the process. The man will not even listen to Republican election officials or to the courts all the way up through SCOTUS on this. And apparently neither will all his little sycophants scurrying around like so many lemmings looking for a sea of election money.

I’ll be more affected the closer we get to 2023

4 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

she just wants a part of being elected as a democrat because the left is that vicious.

She is not a republican, she just pretended to be one to get elected in Wyoming.

She is just a "conservative" member of the deep swamp. I didn't like her father, either.

both were just big players in the deep swamp.

There's nothing wrong with being a moderate democrat. Hell I wish there were more of them. 

The fact that the left is currently so incredibly far left that someone who would likely be a classical liberal can only get elected as a republican is concerning. 

5 hours ago, BaconHound said:

I don’t agree with Cheney on everything but I do with these remarks.

I also don’t have an issue with her being removed from Conference leadership.  I’m uneasy that my party is being lead by Trump but not overly surprised.

Trump or no Trump it's a lot like Mitt Romney.  It's the take greased the skids for a loser being led around by his Dick by the radical left and the shit policies he and his motley crew are ushering in.

Still I say withdraw your support and vote her out. 

But.... Good to see you guys on the neo con bandwagon for a few minutes but I would say the same should go for Marjorie Taylor Green. 

WSS