THE BROWNS BOARD

Corey Williams to Carolina?

panthersfan

Hey guys as you can tell by my screen name I am a Panthers Fan and wanted to join this board to give you my 2 cents on a possible Williams trade.

First off I like his potential but its just that potential. We don't know how that injury if is going to effect him long term or if can transition back into the 4-3. So what would you guys want out of him? As far as players we have let me give you some highlights of some of the guys we are likely going to want to trade.

TE Dante Rosario- Positives: This guy has tremendous athletic ability. Can really stretch the field. Makes big plays at big times (see Week 1 last year Vs. Chargers). That game because Steve Smith was suspended Rosario was Jakes go-to guy catching 7 passes for 96 yards and the game winning at the buzzer TD. He once again was the go-to guy last Night and he made some big playes. Negatives: Inconsistent, after Smith came back and Jake started throwing to him the most Rosario didn't get targeted as much and King is the better run blocker so he saw most of the action at TE the rest of the season.

HB Mike Goodson (Rookie)- Postives: Little Spark Plug. This guy is electric. Week 1 this preseason he showed us his awesome speed and agility. So much so that we are going to try and work him in the slot to hopeful have our own Wes Welker. And this last week he showed his ability to take it up inside. I think he was our best pick in this draft. But as you know we are stacked at RB and thin at DT so I think he would be tradeable but I would regret it. Negatives: Game 1 he fumbled twice but one shouldn't really be a fumble except according to the NFL the back of the hand is not considered a part of the body. But I think the Coachs addressed that this week in practice because in week 2 he ran inside more often and didn't fumble.

We also have James Anderson and Landon Johnson (maybe even Connor if Beason isn't out for long) at LB. Sorry we are very thin at OLine and DLine. We also have some very good Returners (Great Speed) and we wont keep them all.

nothing really interest (me) in that trade.

Williams actually played a good game last night for us. After the first two snaps he was double teamed a lot and I saw him around the QB alot. DE in a 3-4 isn't a high sack number player like in the 4-3, only the extremely ELITE DE's in a 3-4 register sacks.

nothing really interest (me) in that trade.

Williams actually played a good game last night for us. After the first two snaps he was double teamed a lot and I saw him around the QB alot. DE in a 3-4 isn't a high sack number player like in the 4-3, only the extremely ELITE DE's in a 3-4 register sacks.

No he didn't. He wasn't "doubleteamed" at all. He got shoved around alot.

Guest Masters
No he didn't. He wasn't "doubleteamed" at all. He got shoved around alot.

You are correct, he did not see double teams last night, unless you count when CLE only rushed 3 or 4 in obvious passing situations. But Williams was hardly shoved around a lot last night. He played a pretty good game at the DE spot.

You are correct, he did not see double teams last night, unless you count when CLE only rushed 3 or 4 in obvious passing situations. But Williams was hardly shoved around a lot last night. He played a pretty good game at the DE spot.

Maybe from your view, from mine, he was........Corey Williams in the 3-4. I saw one time he was pancaked, but the Lions play didn't panout.

taped the game. watching the play right now. Barton and Wimbley both blitz, Center and guard are picking up Williams for the lions on their first series, third down.

watching again, 5 man blitz on browns second posession, williams double teamed, breaks inside and at staffords face.

Not double teamed? Rewatch some film brottttha.

Guest Masters
taped the game. watching the play right now. Barton and Wimbley both blitz, Center and guard are picking up Williams for the lions on their first series, third down.

watching again, 5 man blitz on browns second posession, williams double teamed, breaks inside and at staffords face.

Not double teamed? Rewatch some film brottttha.

That's not a true double team I think is the issue here. By that I mean a by design double team of an individual. Those are hand off blocks that DE in a 3-4 see a lot of when pressure is being brought from the OLB. LT picks up the OLB, the DE is hitting the gap between the C and G, in order to force a 1 on 1 between the OLB and T. That's more Williams taking on 2 guys, than 2 guys taking on Williams.

A true double team is what you see when Rogers is in playing. A G and a C are going right after Rogers. Of course when he is back, Williams is going to see just the G in this scenario and the LB with his one on one with the T. The good sign is Williams while going after two guys was getting his hand in the face of the QB (albeit the rookie). When you get Rogers back in there, Williams might just get in there and cause some pressure. We shall see though...

Williams might be too big a cap hit to trade. They gave him a new contract when he got here and I don't know what his signing bonus was. If he's traded all of that amorized bonus would count toward the cap. We are tight with the cap now as is.

We do need to keep some room in case of injury and we have to go out and pick up a veteran.

this is what bothers me about Panthers fans...I'm from Charlotte and i hear stupid crap like this all the time. You are overrating Rosario way too much. This is just another example of a Panthers fan who lacks football knowledge. Why the hell would we trade a starter who would benefit your team immediatly for a backup TE and a backup RB who just got drafted? Go back to Bank of America Stadium and eat your cheese and drink your wine douchebag

this is what bothers me about Panthers fans...I'm from Charlotte and i hear stupid crap like this all the time. You are overrating Rosario way too much. This is just another example of a Panthers fan who lacks football knowledge. Why the hell would we trade a starter who would benefit your team immediatly for a backup TE and a backup RB who just got drafted? Go back to Bank of America Stadium and eat your cheese and drink your wine douchebag

For the record Rosario will be a starter at the next passing team he gets on. With Smith on this team he is Jakes 1st, 2nd, and 3rd read. He will floourish in the 1st offense that uses his athleticism regularly in the passing game. And we are talking about a guy many of your own fans have stated that he doesn't fit your scheme. I have even heard a couple people talking about just cutting him outright. Then you come on here acting like you know everything insulting someone who only wanted to get a browns fans perspective. This is the reason I can't stand these forums everyone who post knows they are doing it so anonymously so they think they can be assholes without any repercussions. Cause I guarantee you wouldn't say that to my face. Go back to watching your 4-12 bottom feeder team that your so proud of.

Corey Williams and Braylon Edwards for Julius Peppers and Muhsin Muhammed.

I know it's more of a fantasy, Madden trade but they'd finally get a good receiver opposite Smith, they'd get Williams and we'd get Peppers to play in a 3-4 like he wants to. We'd also get a veteren WR while we groom our rookies and draft another at some point.

We could even throw in a draft pick to make it happen. We could even ship them one of our extra QB's.

I do not know the logistics of the contracts however.

I know it's more of a fantasy, Madden trade but they'd finally get a good receiver opposite Smith, they'd get Williams and we'd get Peppers to play in a 3-4 like he wants to. We'd also get a veteren WR while we groom our rookies and draft another at some point.

We could even throw in a draft pick to make it happen. We could even ship them one of our extra QB's.

Peppers and rogers on the same line would be entertaining.

For the record Rosario will be a starter at the next passing team he gets on. With Smith on this team he is Jakes 1st, 2nd, and 3rd read. He will floourish in the 1st offense that uses his athleticism regularly in the passing game. And we are talking about a guy many of your own fans have stated that he doesn't fit your scheme. I have even heard a couple people talking about just cutting him outright. Then you come on here acting like you know everything insulting someone who only wanted to get a browns fans perspective. This is the reason I can't stand these forums everyone who post knows they are doing it so anonymously so they think they can be assholes without any repercussions. Cause I guarantee you wouldn't say that to my face. Go back to watching your 4-12 bottom feeder team that your so proud of.

yea i would say it to your face..i say it to panthers fans all the time. The browns have a better city, fan base, and history then the panthers will ever have as a franchise. Whats your next trade proposal? Dwayne Jarrett and Dante Wesley for Braylon Edwards?

yea i would say it to your face..i say it to panthers fans all the time. The browns have a better city, fan base, and history then the panthers will ever have as a franchise. Whats your next trade proposal? Dwayne Jarrett and Dante Wesley for Braylon Edwards?

If your dumb enough to take it, sure. Both of those guys you mention are barely worth a roster spot, I will admit that, this is why I didn't mention them. Where Rosario has the talent to be a good starter and has shown that. He is just in the wrong system sounds a lot like the guy I started this thread about. Now if you want to talk football I'd be more then willing to continue this conversation. But if you want to insult a fine organization and city then go ahead but I am not here to do the same to yours.

We're better than this. Way to make us look like fucking scumbags, Breeze.

Although I wouldn't mind this trade in our offense as the #2 Edwards would be a waste. Jake has a little to much tunnel vision towards Smith.

We're better than this. Way to make us look like fucking scumbags, Breeze.

If you lived and grew up in Charlotte your whole life and had to put up with panthers fans like this one, you would be agreeing with me. Im not trying to personally attack anybody, I'm just a huge Browns fan who has gotten sh!t from Panthers fans (who dont know what there talking about most of the time) my whole life.

If you lived and grew up in Charlotte your whole life and had to put up with panthers fans like this one, you would be agreeing with me. Im not trying to personally attack anybody, I'm just a huge Browns fan who has gotten sh!t from Panthers fans (who dont know what there talking about most of the time) my whole life.

My parents have lived in Charlotte for the past 14 years. I have been to many more Panthers games than Browns games. I understand what you're saying. I was at a year one Panther game, and there were instructions regarding when to cheer and when to be quiet. So I get it. But to jack off on a respectable fan of another team isn't the way to do business.

If you wanna reply to someone with disdain, pick on this kemosabie douchebag in that "Objective look at the Browns" thread. :)

Archived