THE BROWNS BOARD

Tired of this "Quinn hasn't done enough to win job" stuff

OconRecon

In today's PD, Mary Kay is throwing out "But has he done enough to win the job?" line again. http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/...m_clevelan.html

To me, DA is the one who has something to prove coming of a season where he was the 32nd ranked passer on a 4-12 team, and whose numbers declined with increasing starting time. Has he improved his 2-minute drill? No. His short passes? Haven't seen it.

Quinn's NFL abilities and growth potential are TBD.

So far, Quinn:

Game 1: Did well with most of the snaps

Game 2: Did well with minimum snaps

2-minute drill: Did well and drove the ball

And DA:

Game 1: Did poorly with minumum snaps

Game 2: Did well with most of the snaps

2-minute drill: Did poorly. Did not drive the ball and threw a pick.

So, in practice, where DA is known to shine, he had a slight advantage over Quinn, who is known not to be a non-contact hero.

In games, Quinn is up 3-1.

Yes Quinn could have thrown no incompletions and scored on every drive. But this "he hasn't WON the job" stuff isn't holding water. Farve, Cutler, Big Gay Ben and many other have done worse this preseason. Tavarus Jackson has done better. Who cares.

Start the guy with the unknown ceiling and see what happens.

Start the guy with the unknown ceiling and see what happens.

nice anecdote. but here's a better one. And it's real: He's gonna start the guy who gives the team the best chance to win.

Wanna know the most worthless line in sports? Courtesy of BQ Nation:

"I guarantee you Anderson can't take us thru the playoffs but we don't know what Quinn can do so we better just start Quinn" (followed by the shedding of a tear as BQ gets outplayed in another practice)

nice anecdote. but here's a better one. And it's real: He's gonna start the guy who gives the team the best chance to win.

"I guarantee you Anderson can't take us thru the playoffs but we don't know what Quinn can do so we better just start Quinn" (followed by the shedding of a tear as BQ gets outplayed in another practice)

Too bad games are what counts, and BQ's ahead in that aspect.

Guest Masters

Who give the team the best chance to win is up for debate still.

And after Quinn gets outplayed in another practice, then DA will, then BQ, then DA. That has been the routine all through camp.

Whoever wins the competition definately did enough to win the competition... neither guy has been exteremely terrible. In fact, save DA's 2-minute drill and we've got two pretty damn good QB's so far in the pre-season.

Whoever wins the competition definately did enough to win the competition... neither guy has been exteremely terrible. In fact, save DA's 2-minute drill and we've got two pretty damn good QB's so far in the pre-season.

You've got a serviceable back up QB and a !st round QB gathering dust for the past 2 years.

And don't forget a token 3rd stringer who knows to keep his pie hole shut

I want the QB that's going to go out and there and make wins happen, not leave them to chance.

yeah that's what Mangini means when he says he wants the guy who gives him the best chance to win.

maybe try flippin the old noggin switch on before you post another rambler like that last gem.

And unfortunately DA may give us the best chance to win in the very short run if manfooli is actually dumb enough and shortsighted enuff to buy into DA as the starter he gets what he deserves...my only gripe will be if mangooni doesnt pull DA when he starts throwing back to back anderceptions and 3 and out drives...;)

Archived