THE BROWNS BOARD

Comical

Chicopee John

U.S. Rep. Courtney Plans Town Hall Meeting By Phone

Associated Press Writer

NEW HAVEN - U.S. Rep. Joseph Courtney is planning to talk to constituents about the red-hot topic of health care next week, but his decision to do it by telephone instead of in person is drawing criticism.

The Vernon Democrat's teleconference Monday evening comes as Congressional Democrats face increasingly angry crowds at town hall meetings to discuss proposed health care changes. Some Democrats have stepped up security or turned to teleconferences, which can reach more constituents than town halls, and be more easily controlled.

Chris Healy, Connecticut Republican chairman, calls it "a classic you-can-run-but-you-can't-hide" meeting.

But Courtney's office says the congressman has held more than a dozen such public forums since January. They say the format has nothing to do with angry outbursts across the country.

If I was in their shoes I might do the same thing or cancel it all together,

I mean seriously who wants to listen to AMA and RNC plants screaming and yelling while trying to addres your constituents real concerns?

Beward of the mid-term elections, Danny Boy.

IMHO, Courtney is a p@ssy. Afraid to meet with constituents.

Too bad there wouldn't have been anti-war demonstrators there as well.

Fox News et al. has been running a genius campaign. That I cannot deny.

I mean, creating a straw man for morons to rally against without question is uber-brilliant.

Fox News et al. has been running a genius campaign. That I cannot deny.

I mean, creating a straw man for morons to rally against without question is uber-brilliant.

Let's talk about this specific case, Mike.

Is Courtney chickenship or not?

Is it OK for politicians to turn a deaf ear to protestors?

Let's not deflect to the Fox News default, Mike. What is YOUR opinion about Mr. Courtney's decision (maybe you don't have one, and that is ok).

Is Courtney chickenship or not?

Absolutely.

Is it OK for politicians to turn a deaf ear to protestors?

Politicians? Of course not.

Let's not deflect to the Fox News default, Mike. What is YOUR opinion about Mr. Courtney's decision (maybe you don't have one, and that is ok).

My opinion is Courtney is a pussy.

I was just trying to give my opinion on the bigger picture, that's all.

And I'm not being facetious when I commend Fox News on a brilliant strategy. The GOP owes their asses, bigtime.

How nice of a forum would this be if all conversations were as civil as this?

Some in here should read this thread several times befor their next cut and paste.

And, without any kind of provocation, you are trying to start trouble,

while you posted some very uncivil stuff yourself, that was deleted.

It was a good conversation, though. The screaming and yelling isn't necessary,

but is an instinctive result born out of the fright and uncertainty a LOT of senior citizens

are feeling all over the country.

Why, though, was the Code Pink screaming meemies just fine? Depends on whether it's toward

a Dem, or a Rep ?

I'm all for that, but you could at least start trying to accept some posts that are negative toward Obama.

It isn't -all- "garbage", but rather an explanation of why so many people are very, very worried about

the direction, and dishonesty of the Obama admin, and leftist members of Congress.

You don't seem to seriously consider allowing others to have different opinions.

Heck hates it that Steve does, you hate it that T and I do, mz the pussy hates when anybody does,

we don't have to agree, and we don't have to censor the opinions about Bush or Obama.

God knows we listened and laughed at Bush hating paranoia stuff for eight years.

I am very sincere in what I just posted ,it wasnt meant to instigate or start trouble but to say that this is really the true spirit of what this board is here for,intelligent dialogue where you take others opinions into consideration and discuss your differences without having to resort to personal attacks and childish behavior.

confused.jpg

Just relax

Archived