THE BROWNS BOARD

Lum HAS to be a puppet

Greythan

So, I'm sure I'm late to the logic game here, but this came to me today.

The forum owner is Stan. So, if he and so many mods/former mods/influential posters really HATE the anti-DA stuff here why would he/they actually continue to let Lum spew his obviously inflamatory posts on these boards? It is clear to even the newest poster that Lum's posts only serve to WORSTEN the quality of the QB debate.

Why, instead, wouldn't they warn him (leading to banning if he doesn't listen) and do the DA defending themselves? They could, in a similar fashion, warn posters they find similiarly inflamatory "against DA/for Quinn".

Most of the posters on this board, while opinonated, certainly have the Browns success at the core.

Take me for example. My opinion is that further investment in DA has a lower probability for success than seeing what we have with Quinn. If Quinn fails or can't beat out DA at all, then my opinion is our championship caliber QB isn't on the current roster. All that said, I'm going to cheer for whomever wins the job because I'm a Browns fan.

Why allow Lum's obvious agenda to incite-only (which CLEARLY leads to responses that irritate Stan, et al) to continue when you could do the defending yourselves and most likely bring better balance back to the forum?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every forum has puppets.

Lumberg is one that stuck, its gets alot of run. Therefor Lumberg stays. A rather classless classic that will be hard to do away with.

Its hard not to reply to some of the spew and you realize your being played, again.

Oh well. It is just a forum.

Ahh the obligatory, "you are all being played, just ignore him" post.

Sorry the real internet doesn't work that way.

as I have said before. Lums will only go away when the Browns start winning. EVEN if DA is the QB.

Because right now, the puppet masters are having more fun "playing" people as you say. But once the Browns start winning regularly, then the FUN will be talking about a winning team. and they'll forget all about Lums.

Exactly, right now the Browns are in full on rebuild mode and beleive me a punching bag is a great fix for fans with aggression.

Guest Masters
Exactly, right now the Browns are in full on rebuild mode and beleive me a punching bag is a great fix for fans with aggression.

Not for me.

If you have time to play puppetmastet you have got to have too much time ok your hands. And the frustration in the character is obviously born out of guilt from beating off your little tootsie roll dick until it hurts too much. Get a life, get laid ( even if a loser like you must pay for it ) and get a job for crying out loud. Pathetic.

Guest ATENEARS

I'm really shocked at how much Lums gets under everyones skin. From an outside perspective, it is Lum who has the many puppets, he calls them Brady Nation.

What would you like for me to say? Should I bother saying that Lums is real and not a made-up character here? Should I reveal that Lums is really a character Zombo made up and occasionally Riffer & I take him out for a ride for shits and giggles?

Yeah ...

From a moderator perspective; what exactly has Lums done wrong to warrant removal from the site? Because he blindly supports our starting QB? Because he can take on the entire Brady Nation on his own like he's freaking Zohan?

Mods, can we change the title of this thread to 'Lums Has to be a Puppet Master'?

I'm really shocked at how much Lums gets under everyones skin. From an outside perspective, it is Lum who has the many puppets, he calls them Brady Nation.

What would you like for me to say? Should I bother saying that Lums is real and not a made-up character here? Should I reveal that Lums is really a character Zombo made up and occasionally Riffer & I take him out for a ride for shits and giggles?

Yeah ...

From a moderator perspective; what exactly has Lums done wrong to warrant removal from the site? Because he blindly supports our starting QB? Because he can take on the entire Brady Nation on his own like he's freaking Zohan?

Mods, can we change the title of this thread to 'Lums Has to be a Puppet Master'?

Gotta agree with Atenears on this. I can't stand another day of DA as our starter; but a HUGE part of the board is the ability to debate without some candyass referee handing out adult time outs or unsportsmanlike conducts. I kind of enjoy someone that LIKES to back his passion and bust balls. Is he ONLY supposed to like who the majority likes?

People need to learn the concept of ignore when their sensitivities keep getting the best of them. If Lummy's too tough for some - maybe they should consider a candyass message board where you have to play nice-nice all the time and tell everyone "nice post." And if your opinion isn't popular - use words like please and thanks. Let's face it, Springer sells and that's what Skippy brought us. Have fun.

Seriously. DA is obviously Loveboy's hometown hero. WHO wouldn't be following their hometown hero if he was starting at QB for an NFL team? Out with it - who? Maybe Horton Hears a Who but your buddy Flugel didn't.

Last year, Lums must have been on vacation for a week and ALL these fans that wanted him off the board kept asking "where's Lummy?" There couldn't be a better way to flatter the guy than that. Everytime you make him your subject heading you crown him Gran Poobah. Gee, that's the way to yank the guy's stage.

I don't think I've ever agreed with Loverboy on anything. For instance, we both like OSU but I like the varsity team that plays in Ohio and he likes the junior varsity team at Oregon State University. Again, I can't stand another day of DA but what else would we have had to talk about since the OTAs started? Have you seen any evidence we're an ELITE defense yet? If everyone here liked the same guy we could close this message board down with Koombaya every night. Is that REALLY what we want? Soupdawg, do you have anything to add? Soupdawg? Don't worry about it. I was only going to tell you that's not what Zombo says.

- Tom F. (Did I just stick up for Loverboy? You Basterds! Who started this gay thread?)

Stan missed my entire point.

Its Stan himself who often enters the QB discussion with fire and brimstone. Usually lambasting the Quinn side of the argument out of a higher sense of "balance".

The point, my dear Stan, is if this truly irritates you, why not surpress the primary incitor? DA has plenty of more valuable, rational and much less offensive defenders such as Z and yourself. Why suffer this fool when he adds no value and is the primary instigator of the very bullshit you profess to hate?

The only thing I can imagine, considering the bannings I've seen in the past for much less when it comes to inciting, is that you simply love this pointless back and forth jousting (as many of us do, including myself much to my own chagrin) and your posturing on the boards to the contrary is just that, posturing.

Sincerely,

A puppetee

The original Limbergher concept:

dickhead.jpg We bring you Mr Dick Head!

Just like the old game of Mr Potato Head except the potato has been substituted with a willy! You can make your own dickhead day or night.

Mr Dick Head is a stand up guy...he'll make you laugh, he'll make you cry!

Mr Dick Head comes complete with accessories for fun play which include:

Top Hat;

Glasses;

Eyes & nose;

Ears; Arms & hands;

Dress Shoes.

Have fun re-arranging his body parts and his accessories.

https://www.thatswicked.com.au/estore/produ...=nzcjjvkqkmacnt

Wow, that little Oregon prick has got me laughing my ass off. I find him hilarious, and I can't stand DA as my QB.

Just have fun with him guys, he's just a clown. I bet he shows his wife how worked up he gets everybody. To be honest, I think he hates BQ more than he loves DA, dude definitely has some issues there. I just don't see how it's humanly possible to sit there and believe a guy like DA has no flaws. Actually, it's pretty gulldawg moronic, but that's what makes it funny.

I don't need me Lums hate to know I don't want DA as the starter, ole D Bear has managed that himself. Seriously, if some of you guys think Lums is disrupting the board to the point that it's not about football anymore, PM me and maybe we can take a look at curtailing him some. But before you do that, read Flugs' post again, because the board can get somewhat boring at times. That's why we don't boot some of the Puker morons until they get ridiculous, they're fun to laugh at getting all worked up. Maybe we need some more love lyrics for Lums to lighten the mood.

....and to Masters and JADBF, we go way back to the days of da ich, Tom, Knowdick and Jaqueer. Lumfreddy is like a nun compared to that ridiculousness. I just don't see the big deal, but I'm not saying my opinion is all that matters either. We have some great football minds and diehard fans here, so if it's really that bad let us know.

The point, my dear Stan, is if this truly irritates you, why not surpress the primary incitor? DA has plenty of more valuable, rational and much less offensive defenders such as Z and yourself. Why suffer this fool when he adds no value and is the primary instigator of the very bullshit you profess to hate?

The only BS that i've seen lately is some post intended to influence a Google search on Rapelisberger. That was creepy and unnecessary. All of you are here for my entertainment. Keep it up guys.

Guest ATENEARS

Its Stan himself who often enters the QB discussion with fire and brimstone. Usually lambasting the Quinn side of the argument out of a higher sense of "balance".

The only thing I can imagine, considering the bannings I've seen in the past for much less when it comes to inciting, is that you simply love this pointless back and forth jousting (as many of us do, including myself much to my own chagrin) and your posturing on the boards to the contrary is just that, posturing.

Sincerely,

A puppetee

You're right ... I'm going to seriously consider changing, stepping back and looking at this situation more objectively and out of the box.

(is this guy fucking Retarded?)

Guest ATENEARS
The only BS that i've seen lately is some post intended to influence a Google search on Rapelisberger. That was creepy and unnecessary. All of you are here for my entertainment. Keep it up guys.

Yeah that search result was stupid, we couldn't even crack the top 3 with that thread.

Want to see a real search result, type Lums owns Inspecta into your Google search engine.

Now that's funny.

Lums and Shep were MVPs of the off-season here on the Brownsboard. They were relentless in their stance, stood their ground against whoever challenged them, stayed cool as cucumbers and made everyone think of new ways to frame their arguments. They were so damn relentless we associate each QB with the poster. That's some damn good posting.

I had a HELL of a job trying to get everyone to look at DA differently because everyone associated him with Lums so much. Everyone cried about him and he just plugged along doing his thing, irritatingly defending a guy that happens to be a Cleveland Brown.

I don't know who's going to win the starting QB job, but I know we had a lot of fun with it.

Lums is a dude from Oregon with a Derek Anderson fetish. Just accept it. If you put anymore thought into it than that, then you're chasing your tail.

Zombo

Sincerely,

A puppetee

I didn't.

I think you're capable of better than this Greythan because I've seen it. What I don't understand is your strange fascination with telling Stan how he can do a better job of running a board which has included getting a significant amount of us together at tailgates since 1999. Obviously, you've been invited and included. So what's with the intensified evaluation process?

If you can do a much better job running a board then why haven't you? If you're that unhappy by staying in a place that encourages 2 sides of a debate - then shame on you for being here. Go to one of those perfect message boards that only allows 1 point of view and heavily polices freedom of speech and expression. I'm guessing that's boring because there's a TON of people here.

Do you know what happens when I go to a restaurant only to find the food sucks? I have 3 choices:

1) I can tell the manager to tell the cook my food sucks. Then he can take it back to the cook so he can marinate my food with spit.

2) I can complain in front of the entire restaurant that I want my money back like you're doing. Oh wait this is FREE!

3) I just keep my mouth shut and go to a restaurant that serves better tasting food next time.

I guess you could say evolution is a choice.

- Tom F.

I've been saying Atenears is Lumbergh since the first month that Lum was posting here. It got obvious pretty fast.

Wrong- Stan is definitely not Lums. For one thing, Atenears flat out doesn't have the time to run an later ego post count anywhere near that high.

Frankly, I'm surprised so many here take such offense to Lumburgh. Don't like his stance? Too bad- he's really skillful at defending it. At least he has a passing knowledge of football- something 1\2 of the driveby Steeler trolls lack.

what happened to Ghoulie? I was amused by his posts when I read them.

Tom V's been banned. Stan may see fit to revoke his probation some time in the future, or he may not. You see, he's a board disruptor extrodinare. Got kicked off the AOL football boards (when AOL was a subscription service) a couple of dozen times, and him and Rich managed to get another message board shut down, because the moderators couldn't keep them in line, and finally gave up.

Lums and Shep were MVPs of the off-season here on the Brownsboard. They were relentless in their stance, stood their ground against whoever challenged them, stayed cool as cucumbers and made everyone think of new ways to frame their arguments. They were so damn relentless we associate each QB with the poster. That's some damn good posting.

I had a HELL of a job trying to get everyone to look at DA differently because everyone associated him with Lums so much. Everyone cried about him and he just plugged along doing his thing, irritatingly defending a guy that happens to be a Cleveland Brown.

I don't know who's going to win the starting QB job, but I know we had a lot of fun with it.

Lums is a dude from Oregon with a Derek Anderson fetish. Just accept it. If you put anymore thought into it than that, then you're chasing your tail.

Zombo

With all due respect, Zombo. I disagree. Here is my analysis on Lummy:

internetdickwad.jpg

Lum is a troll. He is doing it, as they say.... for the lulz. Wether he's an alt account of someone here or not, I don't know (but its probable). Regardless, he's made this board a hell of a lot more entertaining for me, so I can't complain.

Tom,

I already stated I'm not losing sleep over the poster in question. Hell, I'm feeding the troll in this very thread. If I had a real issue, I would have PM'd the mods. I don't and I didn't.

The point I was trying to make was to show the irony, as I see it, that the board owner/mods actually perpetuate something that they profess to loathe. So, there seemed to be a logical step that could be taken. Its not like bannings are unprecendented here.

That was it.

I'm already aware I have a choice to visit these boards, and stated up front that this isn't an "issue" for me. This was just conversation.

Guest ATENEARS
Tom,

I already stated I'm not losing sleep over the poster in question. Hell, I'm feeding the troll in this very thread. If I had a real issue, I would have PM'd the mods. I don't and I didn't.

The point I was trying to make was to show the irony, as I see it, that the board owner/mods actually perpetuate something that they profess to loathe. So, there seemed to be a logical step that could be taken. Its not like bannings are unprecendented here.

That was it.

I'm already aware I have a choice to visit these boards, and stated up front that this isn't an "issue" for me. This was just conversation.

We understand your post Greythan, we're just yanking your chain.

Yes, this is a huge problem for us Mod's. We meet regularly in Atlanta on the first Tuesday of every month to discuss this topic among others. We've pooled some funds together and have hired Wile E Coyote to head up an immediate investigation and capture. We've allotted for an unlimited supply of Acme Company products to help with the cease of this Lums vermin.

Here are the minutes from our last meeting and reports on the progress from Wile E.

"Mr. Coyote states that on August 13th he received via

parcel post one Acme Rocket Sled. The intention of Mr. Coyote was to

use the Rocket sled to aid him in pursuit of Mr. Lumbergh. Upon receipt of

the Rocket Sled Mr. Coyote removed it from its wooden shipping crate and

sighting his prey in the distance, activated the ignition. As Mr.

Coyote gripped thehandlebars, the Rocket Sled accelerated with such

sudden and precipitate force as to stretch Mr. Coyote`s forelimbs to a

length of fifty feet. Subsequently, the rest of Mr. Coyote`s body shot

forward with a violent jolt, causing severe strain to his back and neck

and placing him unexpectedly astride the Rocket Sled. Disappearing over

the horizon at such speed as to leave a

diminishing jet trail along its path, the Rocket Sled soon brought Mr.

Coyote abreast of Mr. Lumbergh. At that moment Lums veered sharply

to the right. Mr. Coyote vigorously attempted to follow

this maneuver but was unable to, due to poorly designed steering on the

Rocket Sled and a faulty or nonexistent braking system. Shortly

thereafter, the unchecked progress of the Rocket Sled brought it and

Mr. Coyote into collision with the side of a mesa.

We are now engaged in a lawsuit with the Acme Company manufacture."

Guest Masters
Zombo....do you really believe Lums stays "cool as a cucumber??" do you really believe that someones whos best retort is. "oh yeah your gay!" is all that cool?

Do I really care? not at all, as I said, I enjoy it...just like I enjoy stirring the pot like this...

Heck, maybe I am Lums....

The closest I have seen Lum be "cool as a cucumber" or any semblance of not being a respectful or rational poster is yesterday after he drew the ire Jason up yesterday.

Guest Masters
Jason will elevate the discussion of even the ugliest of posters. The man has a gift.

True enough (though sometimes I think his comments go over the ugliest of posters heads).

Still the only time I have ever seen Lum be a reasonable poster.

Archived