THE BROWNS BOARD

Lum HAS to be a puppet

Greythan

Guest ATENEARS
But IF I were to make a few points. I'd first say as I have said all along. WHO said it has to be one person being the puppet master? Anyone who works with the written language for a living can easily see that Lums posting style can chage daily. So that get's rid of your "Stan is too busy to be Lums". Which is silly in it's own right. No one else will know this, except those that used to post on Browns Revolution. But yeah. Stan's a real busy guy. and heck Back then I believe he was still actually coaching., but still. Back then do any of you old Browns Revolution folks remember Stan hanging out there FOR WEEKS AT A TIME? POSTING EVERY DAY? Fighting with me about how many posters there were here, or fighting with inspecta about why he banned him from here because of advertising? or picking on Rich? or playing games getting Jack all upset?? Yeah STAN was so busy that not only did he own his own message board. But he wasted lots of time argueing with us peons over on a much smaller board.

I'm much to busy to read your whole post, but I was able to scan it and find my name a few times.

Wasn't it clever how we got Brady Quinn and Derek Anderson to waffle on securing the starting job to keep our Lum character alive? When we needed a drobbed pass, we tossed a few hundred and a $25 Subway gift card Braylon's way. When Anderson needed help scoring points, we summoned Josh Cribbs to return a punt/kick or two. The real trick came when the Browns changed coaching staffs without first clearing it with us, but Mangini was receptive to going along once we descibed how elaborate we became with this Lumbergh character, he just wouldn't go as far as Crennel and make the coin flip call for us.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm really shocked at how much Lums gets under everyones skin. From an outside perspective, it is Lum who has the many puppets, he calls them Brady Nation.

What would you like for me to say? Should I bother saying that Lums is real and not a made-up character here? Should I reveal that Lums is really a character Zombo made up and occasionally Riffer & I take him out for a ride for shits and giggles?

Yeah ...

From a moderator perspective; what exactly has Lums done wrong to warrant removal from the site? Because he blindly supports our starting QB? Because he can take on the entire Brady Nation on his own like he's freaking Zohan?

Mods, can we change the title of this thread to 'Lums Has to be a Puppet Master'?

I agree. Lum is the ruler of these people...he owns them as shown by their constant calling him out before he says a word.

misc16.jpg

And Greythan and I now own you for getting you to comment in this thread....Is that how it works?

ROTFL I've never understood the "if you respond to an idiot they rule you" theory.

how does it work?

Maybe the only way you don't get owned is to just make grumpy old man comments in every thread?

Thanks Peen...I'll follow your lead....right...

Actually Aten got me to respond. ;)

Guest Masters
I agree. Lum is the ruler of these people...he owns them as shown by their constant calling him out before he says a word.

misc16.jpg

What, the 3 or 4 people who start threads challanging Lum? come on now

Keep it up fellas. This thread is HILARIOUS!!!

Especially you stan. Your doing a great job in here. You've never let me down, and I don't think you ever will.

And ghoolie is a helluva nice guy. Haven't talked to him in a while. We shoot txt msgs back and forth during browns games and have our weekly wrapup on the phone. The guy is even more hilarious in person.

So when you and Lums gonna buddy up?

No again. Lums is not about giving the other posters a punching bag.

It's about a few people saying.

"HEHEHE look how cool we are. creating this fake personality and everyone fights with it like it's a real person. WATCH WATCH what I post and see how they react. HEHEHEHE"

That is what my first post said. I think. What does Lumberg think?

Keep it up fellas. This thread is HILARIOUS!!!

Especially you stan. Your doing a great job in here. You've never let me down, and I don't think you ever will.

And Tom V. is a helluva nice guy. Haven't talked to him in a while. We shoot txt msgs back and forth during browns games and have our weekly wrapup on the phone. The guy is even more hilarious in person.

Oh, Tom V. is a great guy in person, and for that matter so is Rich. Met both of them many times. Unfortunately put them on a message board, and pretty soon it breaks down into anarchy.

And FWIW (and I think Stan will agree) we have every reason to believe Lumburgh is a real live person who's an Oregon State alumni living somewhere in Oregon. :)

Guest ATENEARS

I think that when it is official and Derek Anderson is annointed the starter on opening day, that we should all pitch in and fly Lumbergh in for the Opening Day Tailgate & Game.

Guest ATENEARS
He wouldn't get on the plane...

I'm glad you've had so much time to talk football this offseason Stan. It seems the only time you come out of your hole is when a lumbergh thread is posted.....hmmmm....

Are you kidding? I take on Brady Nation everyday ...

You're right ... I'm going to seriously consider changing, stepping back and looking at this situation more objectively and out of the box.

You're not participating enough to understand the distraction, even for those who do not engage him. He takes the conversation in a different direction, and quality posters stay away because of that. This is a mob mentality, but this Lums character is deraling good conversations and not making many valid points at all. Some of you have said Lumnutsacklicker owns this board because he can handle the board all by himself. He can do nothing of the kind. He can't hold shit in a conversation, which is the reason these good threads turn to dog crap in an instant, and the really good posters abandon them or stay away. And you blame the people who engage him? Sure, but in this mob mentality those who do not engage him have to live with the suckage he left behind.

No need to ban him, put a leash on your little puppy - he keeps shitting in the kitchen and peeing on the carpet.

I think that when it is official and Derek Anderson is annointed the starter on opening day, that we should all pitch in and fly Lumbergh in for the Opening Day Tailgate & Game.

I am in Oregon every month - I'd settle for a telephone call from a 503 or 541 area code. Heck lunch is on me, and I travel the whole state. But the f*cker is a character, made up out of thin air. Has way too much knowledge about posters from way before he showed up.

but lums equals him by having much less actual football knowledge

Very well said all the way through J! That quote directly above is priceless. There's a reason I call him Loverboy - Cupid makes him willing to be stupid. He volunteers every single day.

I think we're headed for a VERY entertaining season.

- Tom F.

Lums and Shep were MVPs of the off-season here on the Brownsboard. They were relentless in their stance, stood their ground against whoever challenged them, stayed cool as cucumbers and made everyone think of new ways to frame their arguments. They were so damn relentless we associate each QB with the poster. That's some damn good posting.

I had a HELL of a job trying to get everyone to look at DA differently because everyone associated him with Lums so much. Everyone cried about him and he just plugged along doing his thing, irritatingly defending a guy that happens to be a Cleveland Brown.

I don't know who's going to win the starting QB job, but I know we had a lot of fun with it.

Lums is a dude from Oregon with a Derek Anderson fetish. Just accept it. If you put anymore thought into it than that, then you're chasing your tail.

Zombo

I wonder if he (Lum) has a Joey Harrington fetish as well. Now that would really be pathetic! Or, maybe he had one and it finally wore off when Harrington stunk it up with Atlanta and now he's on the OTHER Oregon QB kick. Sad.

Guest Masters
There are (I believe) 3 people on this site that even know my real 1st name. This is an internet message board, where trolls and wacos come to play. Who KNOWS what some moron will do with any information they get about you if you ever upset them.....

I know I plan to flood his voicemail now.....lol

Just kidding.

The entire point of this thread on my part was to point out the hypocrisy of board moderators not moderating Lum.

Pretty simple logic: Stan appears to hate the sillier aspects of the QB debate and Lum does little more than perpetuate the sillier aspects of it.

So, either he's a puppet or Stan (the mods) really don't care about the sillier QB debates and believe that it "adds" to the community.

While I'm dumb enough to do my part in perpetuating, I can't help but think that Vegas' rather elegant post in this thread is spot on: has the "Lum" element eroded the quailty football talk on these boards?

I'm sticking around regardless so this wasn't some emotional rant. Just a discussion I thought I'd start (5 pages later).

The entire point of this thread on my part was to point out the hypocrisy of board moderators not moderating Lum.

Pretty simple logic: Stan appears to hate the sillier aspects of the QB debate and Lum does little more than perpetuate the sillier aspects of it.

So, either he's a puppet or Stan (the mods) really don't care about the sillier QB debates and believe that it "adds" to the community.

While I'm dumb enough to do my part in perpetuating, I can't help but think that Vegas' rather elegant post in this thread is spot on: has the "Lum" element eroded the quailty football talk on these boards?

I'm sticking around regardless so this wasn't some emotional rant. Just a discussion I thought I'd start (5 pages later).

No, we're just running out of topics until the starting lineups are introduced.

We've prolly pounded out every different angle, arguement, strength and weakness of both QBs.

We've had some GOOD oline conversations.

There will be more to talk about soon and the diversity of topics should get some giddyup..

- Tom F.

Archived