THE BROWNS BOARD

Consumers bear the costs

Vambo

1 hour ago, The Cysko Kid said:

That pretty much demonstrates the point I made. Cedar Fair is worth $2.5B. Every mom and pop shop within 10 miles of Cedar Point and Kings Island isn't going to be able to compete with that. The future of small business looks bleak. 

I just heard some officials talking about ending the federal bonus for sitting on your ass. Lifting that bonus of course would probably make the unemployment numbers look a lot better. But they won't do it now. Why not? The scumbags are waiting for September before the mid terms.

Hopefully the States end there as soon.

WSS

• Upvote 1

On 6/11/2021 at 4:18 PM, MLD Woody said:

I believe people greatly overestimate the portion of the price of a good that is actually from direct labor cost. That comic is a great example. It's hyperbolic for a reason... But people would think doubling a workers wage would double the cost of a burger and that's just flat out wrong. 

Kraft Heinz CEO 'very concerned' about inflation surge, says company studying whether to raise prices