THE BROWNS BOARD

Managing The Game

Sony Reed

I have a question -

Why can the people who want Anderson to start use every excuse in the book but those who favor Quinn can't?

Anderson gets a pass for inclimate weather but Quinn can get a pass for ending up on IR because of the broken finger you point out?

You are seeing things your own way man.

On the flipside, Anderson had the 20+ yard ball taken away from him in the second half of 2007 and during 2008, care to tell us hiis numberts since that point?

Please do not confuse my argument for Quinn love. I grew up an Ohio State fan that ended up in Tucson at the University of Arizona and did NOT want the Browns drafting Quinn. However, I am the type of fan that hates double-standards, and guys like you and Lumbergh are the epitome of a double-standard.

You don't, and refuse, to see both sides of the argument.

PS - It's FURREY. The guy you are referring to plays hockey.

I am not making excuses for DA, his best weapon Edwards dropped how many passes last season, he had no #2 receivers the other guys opposite Braylon would have a hard time making most NFL teams rosters or are 4th and 5th receivers at best, Stallworth was hurt and did nothing and Winslow was injured so who was DA going to throw to?

BQ had that game against Denver where he dinked and dunked all night against a terrible defense against the pass yet everyone wanted to act like he was Peyton Manning, the following week against Buffalo he completed less than 50% of his passes and was given great field position in the 1st half and only came away with field goals and the following week against Houston he was terrible, in the 3 games how many shots downfield did he take? you won't survive in this leage dinking and dunking all game and season you have to make the defense respect you and with BQ they will place 8-9 men in the box and take away the run and short passes then what can BQ do.

Tell me why does Brady seem to lock in on one receiver and continue going to him?

What did Brady do against the Broncos to make you believe he is the answer because I did not see anything but dinking and dunking all night against a bad defensive team

They weren't sure. They could of been undecided. I mean, after all, why draft Sanchez when you could keep Quinn who has a little more experience than Sanchez.

They didn't have to take Sanchez with the pick they received back.............

I am not making excuses for DA, his best weapon Edwards dropped how many passes last season, he had no #2 receivers the other guys opposite Braylon would have a hard time making most NFL teams rosters or are 4th and 5th receivers at best, Stallworth was hurt and did nothing and Winslow was injured so who was DA going to throw to?

BQ had that game against Denver where he dinked and dunked all night against a terrible defense against the pass yet everyone wanted to act like he was Peyton Manning, the following week against Buffalo he completed less than 50% of his passes and was given great field position in the 1st half and only came away with field goals and the following week against Houston he was terrible, in the 3 games how many shots downfield did he take? you won't survive in this leage dinking and dunking all game and season you have to make the defense respect you and with BQ they will place 8-9 men in the box and take away the run and short passes then what can BQ do.

Tell me why does Brady seem to lock in on one receiver and continue going to him?

What did Brady do against the Broncos to make you believe he is the answer because I did not see anything but dinking and dunking all night against a bad defensive team

Dinking and dunking is something DA needs to work on, because if DA ever gets that down, he will be DANGEROUS. Dangerous, I tell you.

It's funny. Quinn can't keep defenses honest with the deep ball, so they stack 8-9 in the box and DA can't throw a short pass to save his life.

Then why turn down a first round pick for him? I don't buy that shit at all...

How do we know a 1st round pick was really offered?

Look at how people in this forum thought we would get a low 1st or 2nd for DA or we would get a 1st for Edwards we really don't know they were just rumors

We have had 2 different coaches and neither seem to impressed with Brady there has to be a reason for that, we are not at practice everyday or watch the film of practice like to coaches........something does not add up, I think the fans want to see BQ because we traded a 1st round pick for him

There is also the question of why he lasted so long in the draft there must be something coaches see that the average fan does not see

I believe the coaching staff really wanted BQ to take the job and run with it but he has not done so

How do we know a 1st round pick was really offered?

Look at how people in this forum thought we would get a low 1st or 2nd for DA or we would get a 1st for Edwards we really don't know they were just rumors

We have had 2 different coaches and neither seem to impressed with Brady there has to be a reason for that, we are not at practice everyday or watch the film of practice like to coaches........something does not add up, I think the fans want to see BQ because we traded a 1st round pick for him

There is also the question of why he lasted so long in the draft there must be something coaches see that the average fan does not see

I believe the coaching staff really wanted BQ to take the job and run with it but he has not done so

Well, if Quinn isn't that great, then why do Rod Woodson or Tony Dungy put Quinn on a pedestal? They see something in him and I believe it's something good.

I am so tired of hearing people talking about Brady Quinn and he would be the better game manager, everytime I here people talking about saying a quarterback is a game manager is like saying he is not good enough to win games by passing when the defense knows he has to pass to win the game.

Imo, I believe that Eric Mangini feels that Derek Anderson gives this team the best chance to win games this season, because if you start Brady Quinn teams are going to line 8-9 men in the box and take Brady's short passes away because he seems afraid to go downfield.

D.A. for all the people who dislike him makes the opposing teams defense respect his ability to throw downfield as was shown against the Lions

You are not scaring many defenses with Brady Quinn and his dink and dunks, and the Quinn lovers will tell all about his game against Denver last year and quickly blame his finger on his poor games against the Bills and Texans......Imo its obvious now why he lasted until the end of round 1

I don't feel the Browns quarterback of the future is on this 2009 roster......

And he would prove them wrong with 6 points going over the top. I am so tired of hearing he is afraid to go deep. It's such a load of crap.

I have a question -

Why can the people who want Anderson to start use every excuse in the book but those who favor Quinn can't?

So finally an admission... Quinn people are actually using every excuse in the book, that hadn't been admitted to 'til now.... Thanks!!!!

So finally an admission... Quinn people are actually using every excuse in the book, that hadn't been admitted to 'til now.... Thanks!!!!

You're missing the point, but that seems to happen a lot.

You guys constantly blame EVERYTHING on anything BUT Anderson, but when people bring up Brady Quinn's broken finger -- which you geniuses seem to forget, LANDED HIM ON IR -- you dismiss it.

But, you, Lum and this other guy want to act like a broken finger on his throwing hand had no effect on his passing. Oh, but it's ok for you guys to blame weather in games like Pittsburgh and Cinci.

Archived