THE BROWNS BOARD

Yahoo Article on James Davis

thomasw

Guest Aloysius
All we need is CJ Spiller and were set :)

Funny you should mention that - I think it's possible that JD's draft slide was caused in part by him trying to be the Thunder to C.J. Spiller's Lightning.

It's possible that he was playing with some added bulk, which sapped his explosion. When he showed up to the Combine at 218 lbs., he didn't look like the guy we saw on Saturday. And that's the weight he wanted to play at, until the Browns' coaching staff told him to stay down at 210.

Davis is showing the type of speed that would obviate the need to bring in a Spiller, especially when we have Harrison to play a similar role. If anything, we need to bring in a power back to replace Jamal.

Funny you should mention that - I think it's possible that JD's draft slide was caused in part by him trying to be the Thunder to C.J. Spiller's Lightning.

It's possible that he was playing with some added bulk, which sapped his explosion. When he showed up to the Combine at 218 lbs., he didn't look like the guy we saw on Saturday. And that's the weight he wanted to play at, until the Browns' coaching staff told him to stay down at 210.

Davis is showing the type of speed that would obviate the need to bring in a Spiller, especially when we have Harrison to play a similar role. If anything, we need to bring in a power back to replace Jamal.

I agree. We should bring in Deuce Mccallster.

Archived