THE BROWNS BOARD

Health Care Debate Based on Total Lack of Logic

Really? Irrational thinking? Not here?

Wow a study to back up what I have been saying here for 5 months.

"Similarly, past research by Dolores Albarracin, a psychology professor at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, has shown in particular that people who are less confident in their beliefs are more reluctant than others to seek out opposing perspectives. So these people avoid counter evidence all together. The same could apply to the health care debate, Albarracin said."

"For these voters, the sheer fact that we were engaged in war led to a post-hoc search for a justification for that war," Hoffman said. "People were basically making up justifications for the fact that we were at war."

Perrin said. "People don't reason with pure facts and logic alone."

Health Care Without Facts.

Very good find, Kosar.

Contrary to what someone like cal will say, I watch Fox News and listen to Rush on occasion, just to see what that group of people is "thinking." I do not completely ignore the other side. How else are you supposed to know how flawed their thinking is????

You tell me, T, if you're the one concerned by this.

Come in here and say "Here, look at this piece of info, culled from a credible source, regarding how much $$$ pharma has given Obama. Isn't that interesting..." instead of what you do. Like cal, do not expect US to do YOUR research for YOU.

Very good find, Kosar.

Contrary to what someone like cal will say, I watch Fox News and listen to Rush on occasion, just to see what that group of people is "thinking." I do not completely ignore the other side. How else are you supposed to know how flawed their thinking is????

Just to make a point, my take is that people, in general, think in an 'illogical' manner. Sounds like some took this to mean that those who oppose what is being referred to Obamacare are the only irrational ones.

The same goes for those who support National Health Care - some archtype tells them that National Health Care is a good thing and then backtrack to find or select the reasons WHY they believe so.

The example used is the current health care debate. Because it is timely. Not because one side or the other is acting irrationally while the other side acts rationally.

We are talking about human nature, not Fox News or Rush Limbaugh. Same goes for those who listen to Olbermann or that woman who follows him on MSNBC.

Just my two cents worth.

Highway and Chi.

I do agree. Both "sides" have these people. I think it is not as black and white as the article puts it. The illogical people are the people who base EVERY decision on what party they are affiliated with and the pier pressure they absorb with that clique. Sort of like kids in middle school. Then there are those who read both ends of the story and not just root out stories because that is their affiliation and fits their agenda...

For instance. T, mz the pussy and Cal. T comes in here with items that have thought and reason behind them, I don't agree with him 99% of the time, but dude does his research and looks at both sides (at least I am quite sure he does from the articles posted). It's intelligent. Sure his affiliation biases' some of his views, but that is human nature, right. mz the pussy is obviously a democrat, but I guarantee he knows more about Republican issues then a good portion of Democrats and a good portion of the board, me included. I am sure he's alright out of this room, but in here, Cal comes in and just makes the whole thing stink. I mean grammar smack is your defense, sounds middle school to me. This is case and point in my statement above.

The idea that one cannot admit another "party" is right NO MATTER WHAT is a boarder line sickness. It's f'ucking sociopathic if you ask me, left and right.

And not believing in your country due to who's in office is downright pathetic. Never once did I lose faith in America when Bush was in office and there is no way in hell I am starting when Obama is in there now. And THAT is the shit going round in here.

You tell me, T, if you're the one concerned by this.

Mr. T is the Man I praise his every thought.

Come in here and say "Here, look at this piece of info, culled from a credible source, regarding how much $$$ pharma has given Obama. Isn't that interesting..." instead of what you do. Like cal, do not expect US to do YOUR research for YOU.

Dont forget to include a cover sheet on your tps report.

One thing I will tell you is that in the next few months we will see over 150 mil spent on advertising for the ObamaCare paid for vis Big Pharma.

Corporate Shills for Hope and Change

Money from pharmaceutical firms and health care companies is dirty, evil and corrupting -- except when key members of Team Obama are pocketing it. White House spokesman Robert Gibbs derides grassroots opponents of socialized health care as industry-funded lackeys with questionable motives and conflicts of interest. But what about the corporate shills at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue?

Two weeks ago, the White House embraced $150 million in drug industry ads supporting Obamacare. This week, Bloomberg News reported that White House senior adviser and chief campaign strategist David Axelrod's former public relations firm, AKPD Message and Media, has raked in some $24 million in ad contracts supporting Obamacare -- along with another PR firm, GMMB, run by other Obama strategists.

The ads are funded by Big Pharma, the AARP, AMA and the powerhouse Service Employees International Union (whose Purple Shirts dumped $80 million in independent expenditures to get Obama and the Democratic majority elected). In trademark Axelrod style, the special interest coalition adopted faux grassroots names -- first under the banner of "Healthy Economy Now" and more recently as "Americans for Stable Quality Care."

Because, well, "Corporate Shills for Hope and Change" doesn't have quite the same ring of authenticity.

Axelrod was president and sole shareholder of AKPD from 1985 until last December, when he resigned to take his White House position. His son, Michael, works there. So does former Obama campaign manager David Plouffe.

Article

obamasbanner.jpg

Archived