THE BROWNS BOARD

Looking for a little help.

LCDawgFan13

Just as an update to the following post. The website is up and running and has a little more information on Brannon's story. Thank you to Kosar for the help with the website. We are still trying to finalize plans for the Benefit dinner for Brannon and I will provide those details, both on here and on the website. For anyone that would like to help Brannon and his family, the website is http://brannonsstory.org/ If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. You can meassage me here or you can email me at brannonsstory@gmail.com. I will be glad to answer any questions or concerns you might have.

I hate to post this here, but I am hoping that someone will be willing to help out someone in need.

My wife and I are starting to organize a fundraiser for a very close friend's son. His name is Brannon. He is 10 years old and recently started treatment for a very rare blood disease known as HLH. The proper name for it is Hemophagocytic Lymphohistiocytosis. It affects only 1.2 out of every 1,000,000 children and has no cure. It is a fatal disease. This is the second time that this family has had to deal with a very rare and deadly disease. His sister died at the age of 7 when he was only 5. She had a disease known as MLD, or Metachromatic Leukodystrophy. This family is in dire need of something positive. We want to try and raise some money for this family to help with Medical expenses or any other costs that may arise, such as travel expenses as they will have to travel regularly back and forth to Columbus and possibly to Baltimore. He is going to need a bone marrow transplant and continued Chemo treatments. The life expectancy for HLH is 5 years maximum with the transplant. At this point, his parents are already having to pay $380 every week in copays for the hospital visits and the medications he is on. And that is not including the cost of gas back and forth to the Cleveland Clinic from Grafton at least twice a week. He has treatments twice a week and both are overnight stays. We also would like to raise enough money to get him a laptop or some type of portable gaming system, so that he can have something to do during his stay at the hospital. Any donation will be helpful. If anyone would be willing to donate anything or would be willing to help in any way, please let me know. I appreciate your time and understanding. Work is being done to finalize plans for the fundraiser and for the website.

I hate to post this here, but I am hoping that someone will be willing to help out someone in need.

My wife and I are starting to organize a fundraiser for a very close friend's son. He is 10 years old and recently started treatment for a very rare blood disease known as HLH. The proper name for it is Hemophagocytic Lymphohistiocytosis. It affects only 1.2 out of every 1,000,000 children and has no cure. It is a fatal disease. This is the second time that this family has had to deal with a very rare and deadly disease. His sister died at the age of 8 when he was only 3. She had a disease known as MLD, or Metachromatic Leukodystrophy. This family is in dire need of something positive. We want to try and raise some money for this family to help with Medical expenses or any other costs that may arise, such as travel expenses as they will have to travel regularly back and forth to Columbus and possibly to Baltimore. He is going to need a bone marrow transplant and continued Chemo treatments. The life expectancy for HLH is 5 years maximum with the transplant. We also would like to raise enough money to allow him to get something or to do something that he would otherwise not ever get to do. Out of respect for the family, I do not want to post the names on an open forum like this. If you PM me I will be glad to tell you more. Any donation will be helpful. We are looking for cash donations or donations of raffle items. If anyone would be willing to donate anything, please let me know. I appreciate your time and understanding.

Also, I will provide more information as to the date, time, and location of the fundraiser. It will more than likely be a dinner and raffle sometime in late October or early November.

remind me when in a month and i will definitely make a donation. let me know if you need something else

Guest ATENEARS

I suggest setting up a PayPal account where you can take donations on-line (via credit card), people are less likely to mail in money, but may prefer to take care of a donation instantly using a credit card.

Good Luck!

Thanks for the suggestions. I am just updating you all. We are hoping to have a date and location nailed down this week and I should also have that paypal account set up too. We've got around10 people working on this to get it going right away. I will continue to keep you posted. Again, thanks for your support on this.

Hello again. I followed your advice and set up the paypal account. But how do I make that available to all of you? I know very little about it as I have never had to worry about it before. Can anyone tell me how to do this?

It looks like I got my answer. I'll update everyone again soon with the link.

Not to be a jerk, but this is the internet and all...

How about some hard info on this event before soliciting donations? You may be telling the truth but asking for money and THEN setting up a PayPal account sure seems fishy.

Again, you may be legit, but you're not doing yourself or the family any favors by publicly e-soliciting without any set-up.

Not to be a jerk, but this is the internet and all...

How about some hard info on this event before soliciting donations? You may be telling the truth but asking for money and THEN setting up a PayPal account sure seems fishy.

Again, you may be legit, but you're not doing yourself or the family any favors by publicly e-soliciting without any set-up.

I totally understand your point. I have never done this before and am trying to get it right. I only set up the Paypal account because it was asked for. I never even thought about it until it was suggested. And, if you haven't noticed, I have not given the account to anyone yet. In fact, I haven't given anyone any means to donate yet. Just made everyone aware of the situation and that I am planning the fundraiser. Part of that fundraiser is needing donations of items that can be raffled off, which I also stated in that original post. I am working with someone on getting a website set up specifically for this fundraiser. Maybe I could have worded my original post a little better and maybe I should have held off for a few days until I had a few more ducks in a row, but I was acting from my heart and this kid and his family may not have much time left. Nobody involved really had any notice of this. All of us close to the family are still in a bit of shock. His mother already lost her first child to a rare disease 7 years ago and now her son has another one that is even more rare than her daughter's. Not exactly something that you can plan for. Again, I apologize if I put the cart before the horse here, but I don't exactly plan things like this all the time. The rest of the information is forthcoming with a website. As soon as I have the link, I will post it here.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived