THE BROWNS BOARD

Ultimatum Time

Guest mz.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quinn will get a longer leash than DA at this stage, largely because Quinn doesn't have a 25+ game body of work.

There's also the first round pick, well marketed, ND grad, pretty boy from Ohio factors that will likely add to his leash.

It is what it is, but doesn't change the fact that us fans want winners, regardless of all the "it" factors.

Anderson was scrutinized on a pass-by-pass basis, and he was blasted for every incompletion. i'm sure this Board will be tolerant if Quinn is held to the same standard. i won't be one of the guys doing the scrutinizing, but i'll be reading the posts for entertainment.

Yeah, and Couch wasn't.....Phipps wasn't?

It's called life in the NFL as a QB?

I truly hope it improves for the sake of everyone here.

That being said, go Browns, and I'll be popping my head in the tavern sporadically on gamedays just to see what's what.

Thanks, y'all.

So does this mean your backing off on your ultimatum? Cry wolf..

Yeah, and Couch wasn't.....Phipps wasn't?

It's called life in the NFL as a QB?

So we agree that we won't be changing the standards here. That's good to know. It won't personally matter to me as i'm not one of those guys that runs to my PC for my jollies each time my QB throws an errant pass.

BTW, Phipps was one of the worst NFL QB's that i've seen. But i don't ever remember him being cheered at home upon being injured on the field. That is creepy. i've seen it twice since the new Browns era started.

Nothing makes me more sick than hearing cheering when one of our guys goes down.

It is the most disgraceful, classless act that can be performed by a fan.

Last season when DA went off, I was excited that I was going to see Quinn, but I NEVER cheered at Anderson getting hurt.

Guest ATENEARS

Ok, I've read enough ... didn't complete this entire thread, but I think it's time to chime in.

Lums is not a character that we dreamed up here. Before anyone leaves, know that is the honest to God truth. Sorry that we played along for your amusement, but from my readings in this thread the top ones that truly have a problem with Lums, also believe Lums is a character that we've created.

So, before you clean out your lockers, try again with this new perspective, that it isn’t the ENTIRE THEBROWNSBOARD STAFF against you, it's a lone guy somewhere in Oregon. Scary stuff I know, I hope you can handle the reality from here. I wish you luck, confer with your wife if you have to for comfort.

We aren't banning Lums ... in fact, at this time, I see not even the smallest element of any reason why we should do any moderating of him at all. He has NEVER bothered me one iota, and I have been amused at his wit and fending off some really hatful posters. He reminds me a lot of myself taking on the Couch fags back in 1998. Everyone thought i should have been banned at the time as well, they thought I was annoying, thought I was just trying to extend threads and draw attention to myself, yadda, yadda, yadda ... how did that turn out? I was the only one who was right, Couch did suck, and was a horrible pick.

Inspecta, I Thank You for the compliments that you see no evidence of moderation on this forum. That is probably the best thing I read in this thread. When one of your biggest critics can't even see your involvement on the site, you know you are doing something right. Let it be know, Mr. Inspecta, that we ban 100's of people from this site yearly. We delete hundreds of threads, merge topics to minimize redundancy, and stop many at the door from ever registering. Oh, you didn't notice? Exactly our plan ... you let us do the Moderating, and you STFU and discuss the theme of the site which is NFL Cleveland Browns Football. I just reviewed a log that showed me that over the past 10 months, six of our most active Moderators had 473 Actions performed. For you to not notice is a true successful moderation program, thanks again for playing the sheep part in our little theatre here.

As another poster said, out of all these threads calling out moderation for Lums, you hardly read Lums himself. I can honestly say that I have read 100x's more whining about Lums, than Lums himself .. I am not exaggerating, unless being a bit conservative in that number. I favor banning the whiners, they bother me ... but for the most part, when I see a thread that has a footnote below that reads: 'Lums Need not post' I skip it, because I know it is full of these types of whining posts that I dislike.

Thanks for everyone’s opinions, there were some good reads here. I believe we have a pretty good moderation team here and I conference with many that I have known on these forums for 12 years. I've discussed this hatred for Lums with more than a half-dozen of my closest associations who share in this forum, and we don't see a problem.

Guest Masters
Can someone please explain this one to me?

Under Lumbergh's provile on this board you have the followign information..

"Joined: 26-October 08Profile Views: 268*Last Seen: Today, 10:37 AM Local Time: Aug 31 2009, 10:58 AM"

Notice his local time is EST??

where as SoCalDog's profile has.

"Joined: 1-August 09Profile Views: 3*Last Seen: 27th August 2009 - 11:04 PM Local Time: Aug 31 2009, 07:59 AM"

Notice the PST time?

When did Oregon get moved to the east cost???

I have pointed this out too (maybe in this thread). I mean it is always possible he selected the wrong time zone....... :rolleyes:

Guest ATENEARS
Browns football is, like, the greatest thing out there. There is NOTHING I enjoy more in life than sitting on the sofa getting ready to watch the game. And living/growing up where I do/did, I am/was like the only Browns fan I knew, so it was pretty much me reading box scores/articles/whatever after the games and hoping we'd get a little blurb or highlight on ESPN I could rally around...I didn't have other Browns fans to commiserate and talk shit with.

That's why a place like this, in theory, is great. We come from all over the globe and can talk about our favorite thing with other folks who also find it to be their favorite thing. Great, right? Who better to complain to about a shitty coaching decision or play than someone who feels as passionately about it as you do? Who better to talk about the upcoming draft than with people who care about who the Browns might pick than someone who is as excited about it as you are? Who better to exalt in the joys of winning (well, if that ever happens...) than someone who cares about it as much as you do?

Well, this place isn't that. It is a place currently being overrun by someone who doesn't give a shit about OUR team. Whether it is a real person or not at this point doesn't even concern me. The fact is that "thing" is ruining this community and everyone knows it. I originally signed up and joined this place because I truly found it to be the best place to talk browns football with like-minded fans. This is, sadly, no longer the case.

I can get Browns news elsewhere. And there would be a great deal of folks I'd miss chatting with if I were to no longer visit. But, you know what? If the powers that be decide to not banish the Lumbergh person/character/puppet/alter ego/whatever, you can go ahead and delete my account. The choice is in your hands, but please take action one way or another. Call me a pussy, a fag, whatever. I don't care. I'm taking a stand for a place that used to be great and has now become a childish pit of suckitude. I have plenty of other places where I can waste my time without being pulled around by marionette strings/having every single conversation destroyed by one asshole/puppet. I think many of us have had enough.

Mike

Mike,

I thank-you for a very civilized thread and multiple civilized posts within this thread, calmly explaning your 'Ultimatum'. You received a lot of Thank-you's for your thread/post so others musty agree.

However, we aren't going to make any knee-jerk reactions or be dictated too, and I hope that pleases you even though it probably disappoints you as well.

I've heard the bitching about Lumbergh ... believe me, I've heard it more than Lumbergh himself. It's obvious that we aren't likely to do much in regards to the ultimatum. I'm sorry things here don't suit your needs, but realize that we can't please everyone. I hope you find that error-free message board that you search for ... good Luck, no hard feelings here.

Guest Masters
I just thought I'd specifically compare it to someone else's who's was correct.

yeah either that or...Lum is so smart he purposefully chose the EST just to throw us all off!!!

He is clever.

We aren't banning Lums ... in fact, at this time, I see not even the smallest element of any reason why we should do any moderating of him at all. He has NEVER bothered me one iota, and I have been amused at his wit and fending off some really hatful posters. He reminds me a lot of myself taking on the Couch fags back in 1998. Everyone thought i should have been banned at the time as well, they thought I was annoying, thought I was just trying to extend threads and draw attention to myself, yadda, yadda, yadda ... how did that turn out? I was the only one who was right, Couch did suck, and was a horrible pick.

Not having been here then, I don't know exactly what you did, but there is a difference between debating a QB, and simply showing up to support ONE PLAYER while simultaneously calling everyone who supports a different player, or simply wants to see what happens with adifferent player 'fags', 'queers' or...whatever.

I don't see how you can ban Steeler Fans and leave Lums alone. Of the Steelers fans that I know of that have been banned, none of them has regularly attacked other members like Lums does and gotten away with it. None of them have been as disruptive as Lumbergh has, and many of them ACTUALLY talked football.

As another poster said, out of all these threads calling out moderation for Lums, you hardly read Lums himself. I can honestly say that I have read 100x's more whining about Lums, than Lums himself .. I am not exaggerating, unless being a bit conservative in that number. I favor banning the whiners, they bother me ... but for the most part, when I see a thread that has a footnote below that reads: 'Lums Need not post' I skip it, because I know it is full of these types of whining posts that I dislike.

That's the purpose of trolling, Stan, and it appears that Lumbergh has accomplished just that. THAT is an example of 'disrupting the board'. I can't recall seeing any threads posted 'Steeler SChuck need not post'.

Thanks for everyone’s opinions, there were some good reads here. I believe we have a pretty good moderation team here and I conference with many that I have known on these forums for 12 years. I've discussed this hatred for Lums with more than a half-dozen of my closest associations who share in this forum, and we don't see a problem.

I agree, your moderators do a good job, and I don't believe anyone is saying the mods suck. The question has arisen because we have a troll who is intent on disrupting threads and the board in general, and application of the moderation seems inconsistent when compared to past offenders, and punishments.

That is one reason why everyone keeps saying he is a puppet. That and it doesn't seem that such a person wouldn't have been killed and stuffed in a trashcan before reaching adulthood.

I have had my share of disputes with Lums. And there will probably be more. Face it, the guy is what he is, A DA fan among Browns Fans! I'm not going to go away. I rather enjoy the fact that this forum isn't just a bunch of fans that have no opinions of their own. If it weren't for the trolls that are here and simply for the diverse group of opinions here, I would have left the day I signed on. Lums, and others like him, is an important part of this board! I hope nobody leaves on account of Lums, but I see no real reason for him to be banned for his opinions either. With that said, there are times I hate reading Lums' posts. So I don't. Iusually come back later though and read them, because I gotta know what kind of garbage he spews out. He's Lums. Like it or not, he's a fixture here. He's just a little different than the rest of us. Maybe lacking a little in the common sense department. But he is fun to mess with!

Did we ban Inspecta and not Lums (who has left anyway)? Inspecta is one of the best posters on the board, and the board is only as good as the posters here. So if that happened, the board just got significantly weaker.

Can't do that. Bad, BAD call. A lot of people were pissed about Lum's hijacking of every thread, the redundancy of his insults, his overall worthlessness... probably a majority. He was irritating, obnoxious, and he's nothing remotely close to a Browns fan. To lash out at the people who see him for what he is?

Whiff. Really bad whiff.

Whiff is exactly correct

Guest ATENEARS
Either way, no matter what I set it to, the times are screwy for me! :lol:

I believe if you are not logged-in, the times are screwy. Once you log-in, it converts all times to your time zone. I could be wrong, as I've never gave this stuff much time in setting it up.

Lums probably changed his time-stamp to piss off his followers ... frankly, If so, I like that shit. I use to stick shit in the frizzy haired girls doo when I sat behind her in Spanish class in high school. Why? Because it got a big reaction from her and she shreaked and yelpped each time ...

If you noticed the time stamp ... I'd say he is in your head.

If the powers that be decide to not banish the Lumbergh person/character/puppet/alter ego/whatever, you can go ahead and delete my account. The choice is in your hands, but please take action one way or another. Call me a pussy, a fag, whatever. I don't care. Mike

Heh.

Glad to see some things remain the same.

:lol:

WSS

I believe if you are not logged-in, the times are screwy. Once you log-in, it converts all times to your time zone. I could be wrong, as I've never gave this stuff much time in setting it up.

Lums probably changed his time-stamp to piss off his followers ... frankly, If so, I like that shit. I use to stick shit in the frizzy haired girls doo when I sat behind her in Spanish class in high school. Why? Because it got a big reaction from her and she shreaked and yelpped each time ...

If you noticed the time stamp ... I'd say he is in your head.

Look...I am now living in French Polynesia. In a few minutes I will be back in Tennessee.

I see my post as 7:21 AM and WWS a few minutes earlier.

Lums has disappeared for now, so apparently you guys got your wish. He will be watched closely and posts that are out of hand completely will be deleted if he does come back. I think it coincides with the QB thing being basically decided and his boy losing as much as the complaints about him. You guys snapped right before all of this was just about over with and the regular season is here with Quinn QBing. Lums would have become virtually obsolete sans a few anti Quinn attacks here and there.

Inspecta is taking a break for a day or two. He needs to understand that we don't need him ambulance chasing constantly and then telling us how to moderate the board--- like all the freaking time. As Zombo said, he can go start his own board and put himself in charge. When he comes back, he'll be coming at all us mods etc because that's what he does. He loves to argue and try to get his way, so be it. Inspecta is not hated around here by no means, but he needs to chill out on telling us how to run this board. Trying to secretly PM people and openly post about gathering and going somewhere else is fine, but deal with the consequences. A day or two spanking ain't all that bad.

Keep in mind this is the same guy who chased Lums around these boards more than anybody times ten and loved the attention he got from it. He used to do the same with others that have been banned for taking on the Admin on a continuous basis and lost. It is what it is. Lums is not shit you guys, there have been way worse posters on these and other boards, not even close. I've deleted his stuff in the past but I really didn't think it was this big an issue to be honest. Apparently it is, so things will be cooled down somewhat.

It's just about time for real football with the QB thing being settled, so the board will be fine as it is most of the time with great posting. BTW, Lums is real people, but there are those that are not going to believe it regardless. I don't even think this issue is whether he is real or not, but that he was tolerated to the detriment of some.

Guest ATENEARS
SO am I next for the ban list? Cool.

I personally believe "Lumbergh" hasn't posted lately because those controlling him have actually gotten a bit embarassed by all the attention these threads have garnered and were suprised by the reaction of posters who aren't normall considered whiners or trouble makers like me.

Now will anyone ever admit to actually creating the Lumbergh character? ofcourse not. Because that would take guts. And the same people who used "Lumbergh" as an excuse to be able to act like a dick to members they don't like with out having to use thier real IDs actually are gutless.

So Lumbergh will be allowed to fade into obscurity and all the gutless folks will have their precious "reputations" still intact.

Me? If I am not banned I'll miss the Lumbergh character. It gave me something to do when I was bored.

Darn, he's making us look like fools. Quick Zippy put on the Lumbergh costume again ... Riff grab the funny props, we have to put on a good show this time ...

Or ... we could all just stop smoking so much God-damn weed.

Guest ATENEARS
LOL I believe I predicted this response....quite funny actually.

And who's head Lum is in is up for vast debate.

You and Inspecta are great at knowing what everyone's response is going to be. Seriously, you should pat yourself on the back ... no wait, come back with a dig on me coaching baseball, just after Inspecta plays his Ghoolie & Rich card ... as if

Guest ATENEARS
Interesting. I've never once made any statement about who I believe are the gutless wimps posing as Lums, only that SOMEONE is.

you have a guilty conscience there Stan?

Yeah, silly me, it's all in my head ...

(literally ... )

Guest ATENEARS
Maybe I could start a really important thread about the letter I got from Browns management...

No, that's boring ... start one about a funny poll you seen on ESPN this morning, it's hard to live without those knee-slappers. In fact, our membership base increases by .03 members just after those types of threads are created.

Scratch that, the increase was do to our Mods creating fictious screen names ... my bad.

If the powers that be decide to not banish the Lumbergh person/character/puppet/alter ego/whatever, you can go ahead and delete my account. The choice is in your hands, but please take action one way or another.

Mike

mz the pussy, would you like for us to Delete your account now? Please advise, we would like to put this 'ultimatum' behind us and move on.

It just gets really suspicious when someone like Inspecta (a Browns fan) gets banned... and a hatah like whatsisname is deemed too valuable to dismiss. Sorry. It's just very, very odd.

The former says, "We will ban people." The latter says, "But not those who are consistently insulting, worthless, repetitious, and not really fans of the Browns... just the ones who annoy us personally."

what? when/why did inspecta get banned? is this confirmed?

Guest ATENEARS

Shep, I believe there is a difference that when you walk in McDonalds, and a loud mouth is in there saying, "Try the Big Mac, it's way better than the Double Cheeses Burger" ... as opposed to a guy sniding, "Go to Burger King, the management of this place sucks!"

Somewhere in that anaology you might find why a guy like Inspecta might get banned more-so and over a guy like Lums.

Not to mention the Burger King supporter using McDonalds letterhead and mail system to rally customers away from the establishment, opens a burger joint up next door but can't compete, supports a rival who also couldn't compete, advertises his new place on McDonalds billboard and can't understand why it is removed and reverts back to dissing the management again.

Ironically, the guy is allowed to continue to visit Mcdonalds daily, only being askecd to leave without a scene every now and then ... but yet this management is so bad for not removing the guy who likes Big Mac's better.

Yes, it's very, very odd that if the guy likes Burger King so much, that he waste his time at Mcdonlads.

Archived