THE BROWNS BOARD

Just a thought about our RB situation.

playerjdd

I don't want a FA running back.

We need to find a keeper in the draft (presuming he's not on the roster today... we'll see).

I'm a big fan of getting a quality back in rounds 2 and later. We just need to get our talent level up enough so we can spend the picks.

I think we ride with what we have for now..That way we really get to see what we have in harrison and davis.. If we can get a free agent who is better than noah herron... then pick him up.. but likely there will not be anything worth getting. It's not like getting a better back puts us over the top and in superbowl contention.. some free agents out there next year..depending on who get resigned or not, ronnie brown, mike bell, willie parker, darren sproles, pierre thomas, lendale white, jerrious norwood.. and not much in the draft next year either.. let's hope harrison and davis can step up and be our 1 & 2 powerhouse backs..there is some potential there.. I say we take this year and see what they have and if they can be the guys of the future or not.. There is always someone in the draft even if it's not the "best" draft class.. i mean you only need to get that "one" guy who can be the guy..and there are almost always at least 2 or 3 every year.. kipers big board has 2.. jonathan dwyer and jahvid Best.. maybe we look at one of them next year.. but i still say lets get a good look at harrison and davis this year and ride with what we have..

So does anybody think there is any chance we could snag one of Tampa's three. I know we wont get Ward but what about Caddy Williams or ErnestGraham?

I don't want either, but thanks for posting a thread that's not about the QB competition.

So does anybody think there is any chance we could snag one of Tampa's three. I know we wont get Ward but what about Caddy Williams or ErnestGraham?

I think James Davis looks like he can be a gem as long as we don't feel obligated to over-play Jamal Lewis if he's tap dancing again. He's running too straight upright with no leverage and me thinks that's a compensation for a lingering ankle injury that's never healed properly. Jerome Harrison NEEDS to be healthy when his number is called. Last year when it was about to be his golden opportunity late in the year - he rolled an ankle against Buffalo toward the end of the game and it limited his reps immediately thereafter. MAYBE, they've always been right about the work load his frame could accommodate. I'll admit I'm always intrigued to see more of him because he's exciting when he gets out there.

Candybones Williams is never healthy enough to play. I doubt they'll drop Graham anytime soon - he can play RB or FB and was a dirt cheap pleasant surprise since the moement he arrived. Have you ever seen Graham pass protect? It doesn't show up in the stats columns but he's an animal. Not only, but he has good hands so they won't make him available for us.

There are some teams real deep at RB right now like NE, NYJ, Green Bay, and Tenn just to name a few. It'll be interesting to see if any talented players get cut on some talent dense rosters. Our doggy bags are always open to good table scraps around the league.

- Tom F.

Yes, There is alottt of teams very deep at RB. I dont think our anwser is Lewis in the Running game. Im sure he will manage but that year we did good lewis exploded. What the browns need is a solid RB to ease the pressure on the Qb and WR. I was thinking more of a later round pick for Graham or Williams. I dont see Tampa dropping Graham or Ward but Williams does have a high salary for a #3. Just figured id throw it out and see what everyone thought. Davis is not the anwser now but in the future.

I don't want a FA running back.

We need to find a keeper in the draft (presuming he's not on the roster today... we'll see).

I'm a big fan of getting a quality back in rounds 2 and later. We just need to get our talent level up enough so we can spend the picks.

I agree. I think Mangini and the staff are are fairly satisfied with the RB situation. They know they aren't going to the playoffs and what we have will do us fine this year. No way will he give up a draft pick to grab a backup RB from another team. Someone would have to knock his socks off with a great deal. I think the feeling is that we have two unknowns already and need to explore where we are with them. Before you add a RB they need to find out if they already have one on this team.

I think that can be said about a lot of players this year. It is a year to grow into the NFL and prove you belong as the future core of players for this team. There are a lot of older veterans that will need replaced next yeat and the year after so they are wanting to accumulate as many picks as they can.

I wouldn't hold your breath if you are waiting for them to add another RB unless someone like Lewis or Davis gets hurt.

Archived