THE BROWNS BOARD

Tour

Tour2ma

On 2/18/2022 at 2:01 AM, Nero said:

I was thinking the same the other day, if there is any news please let me know, too. 

The news I have is Tour's voice mail is still active.  I left him a message to call me back. 

• Thanks 3

I hope he is OK, but we can't think the worst.  He is going through a rough patch, and some patches are rougher than others.  In those rougher times it would be hard to think about a message board of "friends" when it is hard enough to deal with the day to day stuff on his plate.

Prayers out to Tour and his family.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, Zombo said:

I texted with him yesterday, he sounded in good spirits, he is going through a lot. Told him to stop here and say hello to everybody. 

Z

Great to hear! Thanks for the update Z. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 2/21/2022 at 9:12 AM, tiamat63 said:

Heard back from him around 6pm last night. Seems like he's in good spirits. Said he hasn't been hitting much film review because he's struggling to find the energy. But his focus when he does is on Day 2 and beyond QB's.

Most importantly, he's still with us fighting the good fight.

FWIW, Bruce called me back this afternoon when he got around to checking his voicemail.  Had a really nice 20 minute conversation. Sounded great, considering all he's been through. Another couple rounds of high dose chemo of late. He is still doing his position reviews, and upbeat.   Same as tia heard.. he's having energy issues finding enough strength to be able to post here, but don't give up hope that we'll hear from him sometime soon.   

• Thanks 4

49 minutes ago, hoorta said:

FWIW, Bruce called me back this afternoon when he got around to checking his voicemail.  Had a really nice 20 minute conversation. Sounded great, considering all he's been through. Another couple rounds of high dose chemo of late. He is still doing his position reviews, and upbeat.   Same as tia heard.. he's having energy issues finding enough strength to be able to post here, but don't give up hope that we'll hear from him sometime soon.   

That's great news! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, D Bone said:

That's great news! 

Sometimes sleep or at least rest is truly your best medicine.  Put down the computer and all of that other "stuff" and just kick back and just enjoy some music or whatever you like to do.

Hang in there Bruce one day at a time.  mjp

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/11/2021 at 6:01 AM, tiamat63 said:

God damnit, Tour. I was just thinking about why I hadn't seen you in the tavern or discord yet.  I figured you either ran to Hawaii and eloped with some random girl or a rattlesnake got you.  

Nah.... round, just not watching enough football to have anything even I think is worthwhile posting, but I' working on a couple things. Especially with FA heating up.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

• 2 months later...

UPDATE: 

I'm now enterring (or fixin' to enter) a clinical trail.

Spent yesterday morning clearing final hurdles at UT SW Hospital awesome place.

Even better my randomized assignment was to the "Standard of care group" which means I will be getting a drug that has a track record. My group will serve as the standard to which the other 4 or 5 candidates will be compared. 

My head Oncologist says if he had what I had this is the trial he'd want to be in.

Celebrated last nite... Spirits lifted...

More later as I have time... I have steak waiting on a preheating pan.... cast iron...

• Like 7
  • Thanks 6
  • Upvote 4

24 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

My head Oncologist says if he had what I had this is the trial he'd want to be in.

More later as I have time... I have steak waiting on a preheating pan.... cast iron... oh yes !

Carry on pal, steak on a cast iron pan  sounds good !  I can almost smell it now, ahhh . mjp

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

UPDATE: 

Spent yesterday morning clearing final hurdles at UT SW Hospital. 

Even better my randomized assignment was to the "Standard of care group" which means I will be getting a drug that has a track record. My group will serve as the standard to which the other candidates will be compared. 

More later as I have time... I have steak waiting on a preheating pan.... cast iron...

Best wishes

10 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

UPDATE: 

Spent yesterday morning clearing final hurdles at UT SW Hospital. 

Even better my randomized assignment was to the "Standard of care group" which means I will be getting a drug that has a track record. My group will serve as the standard to which the other candidates will be compared. 

Sounds good man.  Nice words of encouragement from your Dr.  Yeah, you don't want to get in to the "placebo group".

Just trying to add a bit of humor here, they don't do that with serious shit.  Stay strong, Bubba.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

July 25 -    Just checking Tour2ma's board numbers :.  LAST VISITED.   May 20     

So if anyone has heard from him let us know.  Or if you're out there just reading the mail  Tour give us a hi.

Hope all is well pal, need to share med stories, lol.  :lol:.       mjp

image.png.e5c056d7da5bb58e64fbe93f7261c46f.png

• So far this is a very 
  • Thanks 2

I don't personally know anyone on this board.  So, if you someday find yourself thinking, Ya know, I haven't noticed that Orion guy around for the last month or so....well.....ya know.....    

Hoping to hear from you Tour...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I tried his phone number and it said his message box was full and cannot accept new messages. I sent him a PM which goes to his email. Hopefully he will reply or give me a call back at the number I provided. This is very concerning.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I hope all of the best for Tour.. I pray for him to have a safe and full recovery... I have a former neighbor who had stage 4 recently and kicked it in the ass... Let all hope the same for Tour... Whatever that is ailing him... 🙏🏽

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1