THE BROWNS BOARD

The debt ceiling

Westside Steve

They spent so much already and trying to pass a 3.5 trillion pork loin......how will Nancy travel the world looking for walls to paint that little angel George Floyd on?  Joe stated "Hunter can blow George on those walls for a mere 4 million each".  Nancy said "I usually only get a quarter, fifty cents if I take out my teeth". 

https://www.businessinsider.com/white-house-warning-medicaid-free-school-lunch-cuts-debt-ceiling-2021-9

More fear-mongering. These bastards just need to cut the entire budget from one end to the other by 1.5 or 2% or whatever it takes to get on track. I have no doubt they could find that much waste fraud graft Etc to cut out of any of those programs.

WSS

On 9/20/2021 at 8:27 AM, bigbambo said:

They spent so much already and trying to pass a 3.5 trillion pork loin......how will Nancy travel the world looking for walls to paint that little angel George Floyd on?  Joe stated "Hunter can blow George on those walls for a mere 4 million each".  Nancy said "I usually only get a quarter, fifty cents if I take out my teeth". 

Your concern is noted, just remember to read this link below.

Spending isn't just a party thing.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/sarahhansen/2021/05/28/bidens-costly-agenda-alarms-republicans-but-trump-spent-big-too/?sh=508afbf44ede

17 hours ago, Bob806 said:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/sarahhansen/2021/05/28/bidens-costly-agenda-alarms-republicans-but-trump-spent-big-too/?sh=508afbf44ede

It's not a party thing by any stretch of the imagination.

And regardless of what it's being spent on again I have no doubt that there is enough graft and waste to cut it down more than 1 2 or 3%.

WSS

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Bob806 said:

although, Pres Trump would NOT HAVE SPENT THAT MUCH, but he had your hardcore leftist antagonistic democratic party forcing the issue - make Pres Trump shut the gov down, helping them politically, or going ahead and having the gov spend more more money.

It most certain IS a party thing - the dem party, Bob. That the reps go along with it too, is more by being in between a rock and a hard place.

13 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

although, Pres Trump would NOT HAVE SPENT THAT MUCH, but he had your hardcore leftist antagonistic democratic party forcing the issue - make Pres Trump shut the gov down, helping them politically, or going ahead and having the gov spend more more money.

It most certain IS a party thing - the dem party, Bob. That the reps go along with it too, is more by being in between a rock and a hard place.

Cal, the 3rd paragraph says otherwise. $4.5 trillion added to the debt before the covid crap. 

No sense debating it really. We have two parties so far apart on so many policies & issues, so consensus & bipartisan cooperation are most certainly at an all time low. 

1 hour ago, Bob806 said:

Cal, the 3rd paragraph says otherwise. $4.5 trillion added to the debt before the covid crap. 

No sense debating it really. We have two parties so far apart on so many policies & issues, so consensus & bipartisan cooperation are most certainly at an all time low. 

It’s called buying votes.

Both parties are guilty of that.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

It’s called buying votes.

Both parties are guilty of that.

to a degree, sure. But not one dem is calling for a balanced budget. Not one.

When Republicans controlled Congress - during bill clinton's time....

Most republicans do support a balanced budget. But Congress controls the purse. Pres Trump had a hostile spendthrift dem congress, Reagan had a hostile dem congress (remember Tip O'Neil? NOT a pelosi).

https://www.quora.com/Which-US-presidents-balanced-the-budget?share=1

, Ph.D. Ratiocination Applications, University of Life
Answered 4 years ago · Author has 6.9K answers and 5.4M answer views

First of all you must understand that Presidents do not serve in a vacuum. Presidents do not make budgets, they suggest them to Congress, who then funds them as is their power, the power of the purse. When Congress is finished funding it the President accepts the budget or argues for more money, or a different distribution of the available monies.

So the real answer is that “NONE” of the U.S. Presidents balanced the budget during their terms. Knowing that you need more than that the big answer is not too many and almost none in the 20th Century, except Bill Clinton, but the House was under GOP control when the ground work was laid and the result was balanced and even returned a small surplus of no more than about 2.3% in one of the four years.

Before that it was Harry Truman who has small surpluses in both 1949 and in 1951. Before President Truman it was President Hoover. Rarefied air indeed.

btw, near as I can remember - the republicans have not controlled both houses of congress and the presidency since 2007.

that is fourteen years ago. The dems control both house and senate and presidency.

and look at the complete clusterfook damaging our country into the toilet, maybe beyond repair.

Not "both parties" - predominantly democratic. Like I posted, look at the results when reps had both house and senate, but a democrat president- bill clinton.

Most ALL Democrats <> some/a few republicans.

2 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

btw, near as I can remember - the republicans have not controlled both houses of congress and the presidency since 2007.

that is fourteen years ago. The dems control both house and senate and presidency.

and look at the complete clusterfook damaging our country into the toilet, maybe beyond repair.

Not "both parties" - predominantly democratic. Like I posted, look at the results when reps had both house and senate, but a democrat president- bill clinton.

Most ALL Democrats <> some/a few republicans.

I think Republicans controlled all 3 in 2016, no?

When you inherit a run down home it cost money to get it back to snuff....That is what Trump inherited from Obama/Biden.  Plus, Trump would have no help at all if he didn't go along with passing some of the crap, the crap that pays both republicans and Dims side money.  He also saved money by not supporting things like the WHO and the UN and received money from tariff restructures and USMCA.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, bigbambo said:

I think Republicans controlled all 3 in 2016, no?

When you inherit a run down home it cost money to get it back to snuff....That is what Trump inherited from Obama/Biden.  Plus, Trump would have no help at all if he didn't go along with passing some of the crap, the crap that pays both republicans and Dims side money.  He also saved money by not supporting things like the WHO and the UN and received money from tariff restructures and USMCA.

What did Obama inherit from W and where was it when he left office? Better or worse?  It’s all out there and you may be surprised to know what W counted in the national Debt and what he didn’t.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, BaconHound said:

What did Obama inherit from W and where was it when he left office? 

I'm not sure what obama inherited from W......W is just another ass in a long line of asses.  I do know Obama/Biden really hurt this country and ran down our military.

If you would like to enlighten me with details, I would like to understand.

• 2 weeks later...