THE BROWNS BOARD

Initial jobless claims unexpectedly rise First-time jobless filings rose by 11K last week

Vambo

Initial jobless claims unexpectedly rise

Initial jobless claims unexpectedly rise

More Americans filed for first-time jobless benefits last week despite a decline in new COVID-19 cases and the impact of Hurricane Ida subsiding.

The number of Americans filing for first-time unemployment benefits rose by 11,000 to 362,000 in the week ended Sept. 25, according to the Labor Department. Analysts surveyed by Refinitiv were expecting the number of first-time filings to decline to 335,000. 

"Negative surprise alert: New jobless claims have risen for a third straight week," said Mark Hamrick, senior economic analyst at Bankrate. "The latest increase confounded hopes for improvement. It appears to have been spurred, at least in part, by rising claims in the states of California and Michigan."

Could this have something to do with companies getting rid of people who won’t get vaccinated? 
Not sure if you can claim unemployment if you are fired for what amounts to insubordination against a companies policies

4 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

Could this have something to do with companies getting rid of people who won’t get vaccinated? 
Not sure if you can claim unemployment if you are fired for what amounts to insubordination against a companies policies

Maybe you should find out before you post!

6 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

That is actually a good question.

In North Carolina, an estimated 1,615,300 adults, or 20.1% of the eligible population, say they will likely refuse the vaccine. Of all adults in the state, 11.3% will refuse because they do not ...
   Meanwhile, the mandates that are causing this crisis.... may not be legal. Watch for many, many lawsuits/class action on the legality - and watch many businesses go out of business paying damages.

I believe we are all headed for America crashing into despair.

no, you can NOT claim unemployment if you are fired for JUST CAUSE.

The "just cause" will be determined by the courts.

It won't be pretty. I believe the companies will be bit many times over by their mandates when/if they are declared illegal.

We'll see.

4 minutes ago, Vambo said:

Maybe you should find out before you post!

State law determines whether a fired employee can collect unemployment. Generally speaking, an employee who is fired for serious misconduct is ineligible for benefits, either entirely or for a certain period of time (often called a "disqualification period"). But the definition of misconduct varies from state to state

There, I looked it up. Happy now?

1 minute ago, Browns149 said:

State law determines whether a fired employee can collect unemployment. Generally speaking, an employee who is fired for serious misconduct is ineligible for benefits, either entirely or for a certain period of time (often called a "disqualification period"). But the definition of misconduct varies from state to state

There, I looked it up. Happy now?

So how many of the 11,000 meet that definition?

Just now, Vambo said:

So how many of the 11,000 meet that definition?

Got me. But I would think some of those people fired for non-vaxxing  will try

8 minutes ago, Vambo said:

So it could be zero none of the above...you just spewing misinformation.

What misinformation? I was asking a question. I never stated this as fact

35 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

What misinformation? I was asking a question. I never stated this as fact

No you were pushing misinformation, vilifying unvaccinated people not matter what their reasons are.

Look at when the data was collected  the week ended Sept. 25 as compared to when people may have been fired...

2 hours ago, Browns149 said:

How did I vilify anyone?
All I did was ask a question 

The way you phrased the question...you know that if Biden had not pushed his political agenda none of those companies would care it's not the companies policies it's Biden's so no they are not " insubordination against a companies policies "

the companies could be fined $700,000.00 for each unvaccinated worker if they pass this!   I asked in another thread if they will stop welfare for the unvaccinated.........this would greatly effect their voting block but I see no difference between the welfare takers and workers in the issue of being vaxxed

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10040967/Biden-fine-firms-700-000-fail-mandate-vaccines.html

Biden includes plan to be able to FINE companies that don't mandate vaccines up to $700,000 in his $3.5trillion reconciliation package

6 hours ago, Vambo said:

The way you phrased the question...you know that if Biden had not pushed his political agenda none of those companies would care it's not the companies policies it's Biden's so no they are not " insubordination against a companies policies "

And you thought I was pushing misinformation?  
I asked a legitimate question, and you jumped all over it

Then you blamed Biden for companies doing what companies do, regardless of who is President. 

And you blame me for misinformation and being a villain?