THE BROWNS BOARD

the browns plan at QB going forward.

EastSideDawg

50 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

btw, Josh Allen had a qb rating of 100.4, completed a bit over 2/3rds of his passes, two touchdowns in a 40-0 win.

Week before, he completed over 74 percent of his passes for a 129.8 rating. The first two weeks he and their offense struggled and he didn't play well.

Allen bounces back. Baker bounces back. Tom Brady has played very poorly a few times, obviously bounces back.

It happens.

Ya, and I've also watched him in more than a few games where he couldn't hit water with a throw if he was standing on a boat in the middle of Lake Erie.  Hence my comment about how he looked like Josh Allen out there. I watched him in a Dome game last year miss three deep throws that could have been called for intentional grounding Brandon Weeden style

49 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

Nearly a fair point, but Mayfield isn't "worried". He gets asked questions, and he answers.

If a qb won't answer the obvious questions, it would be considered big trouble, secret deep trouble, etc.

Worried enough that he had to go on social media and make a post to all the "haters"

4 hours ago, Zombo said:

Baker is playing with a torn labrum and a shoulder harness, you dicks.

He was brought here to WIN and we are WINNING.

I love our gutsy, talented bad-ass winning QB and he's THE GUY moving forward.

Z

Yes, confirmed... BUT as I mentioned earlier- NFL rules say if a player has an injury that's significant- you have to list it on the injury report. Baker isn't listed- as of today. (the Bills potentially got in trouble back in January for exactly this) MHO- if he keeps throwing passes to different area codes than his receivers- time to let Keenum play for a couple of weeks.  

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10012842-report-browns-baker-mayfield-has-partially-torn-labrum-injury-doesnt-need-surgery

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Browns fan 1977 said:

Trent Dilfer will never win a SB? I said sat because the arm chair QB out there, But guess what, he was very bad yet he has a ring.

But he won a ring with arguably the best defense to ever exist, and they weren't too bad on offense either. I willing to bet even Deshone kizer or Johnny football could have won a championship with that team🤣🤣

7 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Well l’ll be…

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.beaconjournal.com/amp/6021188001

The timing of this news is curious. I admire Baker’s toughness but can’t help but wonder if we could have won the last couple games more comfortably with Keenum back there. I guess it’s ultimately Stef’s decision.

If Baker continues to play like he has, it has to be considered. They won last Sunday vs the Vikings in spite of Baker, not because of him. 

The problem is, and it has been mentioned already, this doesn't seem like an injury that gets better with rest only. This worries me.  

7 hours ago, Zombo said:

Baker is playing with a torn labrum and a shoulder harness, you dicks.

He was brought here to WIN and we are WINNING.

I love our gutsy, talented bad-ass winning QB and he's THE GUY moving forward.

Z

HELL YEAH !😎

Shut down Baker right now. As it's not a complete tear, he may not need surgery. Any time he goes out there, you are risking a complete tear if he takes a hit the wrong way. Shut him down. He's playing at a backup level, and you have the best backup in the NFL next in line. Let Keenum win games and on the chance that Baker's shoulder gets better by December, you give him a chance to play then. You have a great OL, the best backfield in the NFL. That's a situation in which a lot of backups, let alone Keenum, could do well. 

• Upvote 1

I will say this, If Baker is hurt that bad, have him take a week off NOW while the season is still new, Let him have a week off to heal I love this team but I think the Bolts will have the upper hand this week although Vegas  only gave them a point advantage. BUT any given Sunday you never know what the Football Gods will do. We have pulled games out of our ass in the past like the 2010 win over New England, I am happy we are even competing and not giving teams automatic wins when they play us, we have guys that WANT to be here, Joe Haden still lives here next to Jarvis and OBJ in West Lake, Haden had an apartment in the burgh during the season) I can't remember loving this team we have now since I was a kid when we had Bernie. GO BROWNS GO BAKER 

3 minutes ago, VaporTrail said:

Over the last two games - 53% completion. 200 passing yard/game. averaging 4 sacks per game.

Sorry bud, while that can beat the 1-win Vikings and 2-win Bears, that won't cut it against Herbert. 

That is why i said we should give Baker the day off and let him rest, Without Jarvis out there this team seems to not  produce through the air, Jarvis draws double coverage, so does OBJ, I love Higgins but he is not going to be double covered Peoples Jones is still young and developing, 

17 minutes ago, Browns fan 1977 said:

That is why i said we should give Baker the day off and let him rest, Without Jarvis out there this team seems to not  produce through the air, Jarvis draws double coverage, so does OBJ, I love Higgins but he is not going to be double covered Peoples Jones is still young and developing, 

Jarvis Landry draws double-teams? 

2 hours ago, Neo said:

But he won a ring with arguably the best defense to ever exist, and they weren't too bad on offense either. I willing to bet even Deshone kizer or Johnny football could have won a championship with that team🤣🤣

I agree my point was you don't have to be a all star QB to win a SB, I really believe we been a different team since Baker took over, we been fun to watch,  

33 minutes ago, Zombo said:

This is Baker's team.

He is the unquestioned leader, and he's not coming out.

You guys are nuts. And I will remind you all of this week.

Z

He may be the unquestioned leader Z- BUT if he keeps sailing passes 10 feet over his receiver's heads against the 'Bolts, it's time to sit him and let Keenum finish out the game. Gutting it out is admirable, but not if you're hurting your team's chance of winning by playing like crap. That's a big ditto for Jedrick Wills going out there and trying to play on one leg. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Browns fan 1977 said:

We agree. You got your post in before i hit the post button. I shoulda quoted delusional zombo.

This is the gayest thread ever.

He had an off day, getting used to playing with injured left shoulder and harness.

Before the injury he was the most accurate passer in the NFL,  and even with the injury he has not turned the ball over, and we have won and won.

Think back to when we drafted him. Did you want him to lead the league in yards? Did you want shootouts every week? Or did you want to WIN for a freaking change?

15 -7 the past two years, including a playoff win. Led us down the stretch last year. So he's a little banged up so we rely on the running game and the defense, but he still makes enough throws to WIN.

He'll bounce back this week. He always does.

You never bench him. He's our leader. He'll fight through that and we'll continue to win. If you haven't figured that out yet, you're not paying attention. 

Z

1 minute ago, VaporTrail said:

We agree. You got your post in before i hit the post button. I shoulda quoted delusional zombo.

I'm delusional? I don't think you know our QB. He'll embarrass you just like he has embarrassed his critics his entire life.

Z

17 minutes ago, hoorta said:

He may be the unquestioned leader Z- BUT if he keeps sailing passes 10 feet over his receiver's heads against the 'Bolts, it's time to sit him and let Keenum finish out the game. Gutting it out is admirable, but not if you're hurting your team's chance of winning by playing like crap. That's a big ditto for Jedrick Wills going out there and trying to play on one leg. 

Not sure how he's hurting our chances of winning when he keeps winning.

Z

5 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

I dont even know what to say to this thread. 

I can only think a lot of Browns fans must have been bitten by a good quarterback when they were children.

Well, Baker is a bite-sized QB, so.... 😁

1 hour ago, LondonBrown said:

I dont even know what to say to this thread. 

I can only think a lot of Browns fans must have been bitten by a good quarterback when they were children.

DJe.gif           

4 hours ago, Zombo said:

This is the gayest thread ever.

He had an off day, getting used to playing with injured left shoulder and harness.

1) Before the injury he was the most accurate passer in the NFL,  and even with the injury he has not turned the ball over, and we have won and won.

Think back to when we drafted him. Did you want him to lead the league in yards? Did you want shootouts every week? Or did you want to WIN for a freaking change?

15 -7 the past two years, including a playoff win. Led us down the stretch last year. So he's a little banged up so we rely on the running game and the defense, but he still makes enough throws to WIN.

2) He'll bounce back this week. He always does.

3) You never bench him. He's our leader. He'll fight through that and we'll continue to win. If you haven't figured that out yet, you're not paying attention. 

Z

Don't be a homer, and be realistic. Sure, I'd like to pull off an unlikely win over the Chargers. 

1) Hate to tell you, but he's injured, and is looking like Josh Allen did when he was playing at Wyoming. 

2) Great, Mr. Sunshine pumper. 

3) Sure you do if he throws 3 interceptions, has a less that a 50% completion %, and the Chargers are up by 20.  \

I've got it figured out Z- and we'll take it one game at a time. 

4 hours ago, Zombo said:

Not sure how he's hurting our chances of winning when he keeps winning.

Z

Oh geeze Z, the BROWNS keep on winning. Get your ostrich head out of the Naples beach sand. That Cleveland beat the Vikes had very little to do with Bakers play. It had EVERYTHING to do with our defense playing lights out two weeks in a row.  

12 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Don't be a homer, and be realistic. Sure, I'd like to pull off an unlikely win over the Chargers. 

1) Hate to tell you, but he's injured, and is looking like Josh Allen did when he was playing at Wyoming. 

2) Great, Mr. Sunshine pumper. 

3) Sure you do if he throws 3 interceptions, has a less that a 50% completion %, and the Chargers are up by 20.  \

I've got it figured out Z- and we'll take it one game at a time. 

Unlikely win over the Chargers??

We are a better team. Am I the only one watching us?

I'm a sunshine pumper for saying Baker will do what he always does ... rebound big time.

You negative fucks need to go root for Jacksonville or something,  you are too used to losing, can't handle a winning qb on a winning team.

Z

12 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Oh geeze Z, the BROWNS keep on winning. Get your ostrich head out of the Naples beach sand. That Cleveland beat the Vikes had very little to do with Bakers play. It had EVERYTHING to do with our defense playing lights out two weeks in a row.  

If he turns the ball over, we might not win, but he didn't make any WRONG throws, he just made BAD throws.

Kid is a winner through and through, and he'll win this week,  and he'll get us to the playoffs again ... and you Debbie's are making damn fools out of yourselves.

Z