THE BROWNS BOARD

the browns plan at QB going forward.

EastSideDawg

36 minutes ago, nickers said:

Yeah... I still can't get an honest answer to what exactly my blood type is... I have some unusual things like running an abnormal high red blood cell count.. So every couple of months or so.. I have to go to phlebotomy and "Let blood" as it were.. it's the only thing thats worked so far to stabilize my blood..

Nickers I'll take this to PM, not today though. I have a long road trip to pick up my wife at her brother's house. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Billings position was/is important.  

You telling me to "chill" on him is  more of an understanding that Richardson and Jackson wouldn't get it done alone.  

McDowell coming out of nowhere was damn near a minor miracle.  Again, him taking that much time off just doesn't happen. 

So I place my belief in proven NFL players of Billings caliber until they demonstrate they Can't be effective. That's hardly arrogant, that's actually pragmatic. 

Don't mind Zombo, he's a piece of shit he doesn't understand football.

1 hour ago, BernieSuperbowl said:

Don't mind Zombo, he's a piece of shit he doesn't understand football.

Insults and hot takes are pretty played out here. If you have something with substance on why Andrew Billings is an asset to the team that would be much more interesting to read. Or maybe try to be funny or something? There’s a variety of ways to add positive value here.

The shit stirring stick is easy to find. It’s the one that smells like shit. 

• Thanks 2

On 10/4/2021 at 7:58 AM, EastSideDawg said:

i don't think baker is going to be the guy going forward,  if he was berry would have signed him already.  so what should we do?

1. baker is not worth 40 mil a year.. berry knows it.

2. this QB draft class sucks not really anyone of note. Maybe they draft a developmental QB?

3. free agents pretty much all older guys and retreds..... except for Mitch Trubisky. 

that is my vote let baker play his 5th year while grooming trubisky as a backup plan if things dont go well as well as drafting a Developmental QB in next years draft.

How about that fresh off an 11-5 season punctuated with a playoff win AT PITTSBURGH?  

Having said that,  I do realize we have some guys in here that really miss the caliber of football and QBing we had leading us to 0-16 football the year before Baker arrived.  The Browns were also 1-15 the year before that.  Continuing the inability to win, the Browns started Baker's rookie year 0-1-1 with a 14 point deficit to the Jets before Baker got his first action. Adding all that up into a Pre-Baker trend, that's 1-32-1 football looking ready to go 1-33-1 if they don't put Baker in that Jets game.  After Baker came in, the Browns erased the deficit to win.  All of a sudden, there was FREE beer in Cleveland!  In fact, as soon as Baker took the field the Browns went 7-7 while he set a rookie record for throwing 27 TD passes (this later got bettered by Herbert who had 2 more starts than Baker).    

I think 100% of us would agree that Baker's performance and decision making was AWFUL last week.  No need to race to pretend that's been the rule instead of the exception to it. I'm more worried about who is going to be playing Left Tackle against the next 2 opponents.  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Zombo said:

Who's this Motherfucker?

Lol. 😆 

Z

Any "Mother" worth her salt would not let this loser within 50 feet of her... So I highly doubt he's fucking any ones Mother or Mothers as it were...

On 10/7/2021 at 7:30 PM, Zombo said:

This is Baker's team.

He is the unquestioned leader, and he's not coming out.

You guys are nuts. And I will remind you all of this week.

Z

OK, I've (sort of) changed my mind. Not that I don't believe you Z- but I'll believe Alex VanPelt who actually played the game at QB. According to his "expert" opinion- that type of injury isn't that big of a deal. And as we all observed, Baker had a truly shitty game. One thing he did mention- Baker was holding onto the ball way too long. Only one of his three sacks were the fault of the o-line. So throw it away before you get hit or take a sack. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/8/2021 at 5:35 PM, Dutch Oven said:

An argument can be made that a healthy Herbert is better than a healthy Baker. 

For whatever reason my mind randomly came back to this post last night.  I was attempting to understand ways to convey Herbert's improvement as a passer and that he should be taken more seriously; while also expressing concern for Baker and hoping he improves from season 1 to season 2 in Stefs offense.  Then I realized I can do an apples to apples breakdown of a connected throw for a TD vs Baker missing the TD on similar offensive designs working against similar defensive designs. 

I'm just posting this now as a reminder to myself to get busy on this when I'm done with my day.    

Appreciate the reminder.

• Upvote 1