THE BROWNS BOARD

The Urban Meyer Situation

MLD Woody

23 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

I'm late to all this but is he really being vilified for grabbing a womans arse who was dancing with him?

What's the big deal ffs

No one cares if you do this the weekend after winning a national championship for the Buckeyes. 

Hell, skipping the plane ride home to stay with your family might even be forgiven.

But when you are the owner of a failing NFL team, and you give someone a contract with $55 million guaranteed to fix that shit, and he cancels a Monday team meeting. And then you see that he wasn't at home with his family, or prepping the team to win next week, but instead getting a lapdance from a whooore. I can understand why you might give that coach notice.

Same goes for the players. Remember when Terrance West was on the Browns and showed that he was about to have a 3way on social media? If Nick Chubb did that right now, no one would give a fuck. It's just a bad look when your team is losing.

44 minutes ago, VaporTrail said:

No one cares if you do this the weekend after winning a national championship for the Buckeyes. 

Hell, skipping the plane ride home to stay with your family might even be forgiven.

But when you are the owner of a failing NFL team, and you give someone a contract with $55 million guaranteed to fix that shit, and he cancels a Monday team meeting. And then you see that he wasn't at home with his family, or prepping the team to win next week, but instead getting a lapdance from a whooore. I can understand why you might give that coach notice.

Same goes for the players. Remember when Terrance West was on the Browns and showed that he was about to have a 3way on social media? If Nick Chubb did that right now, no one would give a fuck. It's just a bad look when your team is losing.

Ah I get you it's more the timing than the act itself, I get that a lot more, not a good look.

I would need to see the woman before I totally make my mind up though 😉

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Ah I get you it's more the timing than the act itself, I get that a lot more, not a good look.

I would need to see the woman before I totally make my mind up though 😉

She's hot.

The part that seems to bother every former NFL player and coach is the fact that he didn't fly back with the team. They find that inexcusable, and unheard of,  and the fact that this incident happened just broadcasts the fact that he let his 0-4 team fly back to Jacksonville without him.

Bad form. Hard to preach to your players about being focused,  when they fly back together soaking up a loss and you are finger fucking a coed in your bar in Columbus.

Leadership issue, not a hot chick issue.

Z

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Zombo said it best. Suspending a Monday meeting after a THURSDAY GAME is quite a lousy job as a 0-4 team's HC. Doing it for the wrong reasons is even worse. 

In Pat McAffee's show they said he excused himself, then when asked who was the girl he said "she was only a girl etc, let's get to work etc." Once the door was closed behind him, rhe players erupted in a laughter. As a HC you  must lead with discipline. He might have lost his locker room and that's quite a deal. 

3 hours ago, Nero said:

Zombo said it best. Suspending a Monday meeting after a THURSDAY GAME is quite a lousy job as a 0-4 team's HC. Doing it for the wrong reasons is even worse. 

In Pat McAffee's show they said he excused himself, then when asked who was the girl he said "she was only a girl etc, let's get to work etc." Once the door was closed behind him, rhe players erupted in a laughter. As a HC you  must lead with discipline. He might have lost his locker room and that's quite a deal. 

There's a viral video going around where the players broke down the practice with a "1 2 3 GRIND" right in front of Urban. It's been pretty confirmed that was intentional, and not meant as a joke. As I was saying earlier, no one in that locker room is going to take him seriously especially vets. If he didn't hold himself accountable in such a dumb way, ain't no way you can yell at a veteran for being late. Outside of winning and FAST I don't see how this isn't a one and done experiment.

56 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

There's a viral video going around where the players broke down the practice with a "1 2 3 GRIND" right in front of Urban. It's been pretty confirmed that was intentional, and not meant as a joke. As I was saying earlier, no one in that locker room is going to take him seriously especially vets. If he didn't hold himself accountable in such a dumb way, ain't no way you can yell at a veteran for being late. Outside of winning and FAST I don't see how this isn't a one and done experiment.

Seems to be true.  We'll see how this whole thing plays out.

On 10/7/2021 at 7:02 PM, LondonBrown said:

I'm late to all this but is he really being vilified for grabbing a womans arse who was dancing with him?

What's the big deal ffs

LOl....I might agree because it's really none of my business.  Unfortunately there are a lot of women and guys who wear skinny pants who do.

1 minute ago, MLD Woody said:

Urban's history doesn't help his case either

Head coaches who get their asses handed to them by their rival don't get coeds throwing themselves at them, so I'm guessing Harbaugh won't have a story like this coming out. 😁

18 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Head coaches who get their asses handed to them by their rival don't get coeds throwing themselves at them, so I'm guessing Harbaugh won't have a story like this coming out. 😁

Right.... Harbaugh won't cheat on his wife, get caught, and then say his head really really hurts. 

Good one

• Haha 1

On 10/6/2021 at 8:15 AM, Zombo said:

Not flying back with the team showed arrogance, cluelessness and lack of committment.

Ding Ding Fucking Ding... totally tone deaf...

Stayed overnite to spend time with relatives in Columbus... I'm half waiting for the revelation that the "lap-dancer" was his "niece".

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Ding Ding Fucking Ding... totally tone deaf...

Stayed overnite to spend time with relatives in Columbus... I'm half waiting for the revelation that the "lap-dancer" was his "niece".

And she hardly ever gets the crabs anymore........ really.  

• Haha 1