THE BROWNS BOARD

The Fight for Small Government in Texas

MLD Woody

37 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

No it's your same ploy of using "every" or "all". Nothing is every reason or all reasons for anything. It's just tiresome bud.

Like not every problem in America is completely Joe Biden's fault. Or Trump's. Or those evil conservatives or Republicans or whoever.

And even though you don't understand the difference between conservatism and liberalism everybody is for regulation and against regulation at sometime.

WSS

One group champions small government and the free market. The group that wants the govt to stay out of their business.

That just falls to the wayside immediately when challenged even slightly

16 minutes ago, bigbambo said:

You call people stupid, idiots and morons................let me try to fill in the blank gap.......in inches, what is the distance between your ears so I know what I'm dealing with?    

I think you are silly and I'm surely not the first to tell you..........

And you still don't comment on the subject at hand. But this is my fault too. Not sure what I'm expecting. 

You've managed to somehow lower the level of discourse here over the last month, which is impressive. 

7 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

And you still don't comment on the subject at hand. But this is my fault too. Not sure what I'm expecting. You've managed to somehow lower the level of discourse here over the last month, which is impressive. 

this: coming from a birdbrain that has nearly? NEVER raised the level of anything on this forum. You apparently haven't still figured out what gender you are.

You're a moron.

tenor.gif&f=1&nofb=1

8 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

And you still don't comment on the subject at hand. But this is my fault too. Not sure what I'm expecting. 

You've managed to somehow lower the level of discourse here over the last month, which is impressive. 

There wasn't any discourse. Just the usual crap from you Woody. While you're at it this would be a good time for you to exercise your complete lack of self-awareness and bitching about something being black and white. Us and Them.

And in case you're still struggling to understand if OSHA is involved then it's taken out of the hands of the public and the free market in the first place. Even as your cult leader Joe is trying to make unconstitutional demands.

WSS

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

And you still don't comment on the subject at hand. But this is my fault too.   

Geez louise, maintaining what you already controlled is not "increasing" government...do you get that?  Joe has expanded the federal government's reach and many are against it.  Hopefully this will be the last time you stand on a wet paper rung

Not sure what I'm expecting

more mental delusion...

Thank you!  I appreciate the warm welcome and compliments!  

15 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

image.thumb.png.6531529939fec7d5a7344e593e1e7827.png

16 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

17 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

One group champions small government and the free market. The group that wants the govt to stay out of their business.

That just falls to the wayside immediately when challenged even slightly

The reason we are wasting our time on this thread is that you and many others don't understand what conservative or liberal really means. Or big government or small government. You just react to them like the dog reacts to a loud noise.

(and you don't realize how silly you are when you cry about 'us versus them' or 'black-and-white' issues)

So let me ask you concerning your question is striking down a bigger government mandate, restriction or curtailing of freedom order big government or not?

WSS

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

You've spectacularly missing the point. 

to me the OP Spectacularly failed because you reverse engineer'd the stoopid premise about BIG govt 

and point your fingers at Texas

you shouldve stuck with our desire to have smaller govt - and come to the realization that the staus quo is a HUGE problem. 

making comparisons between biden and trump at this point is beyond your so called unvested political party interest.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

The reason we are wasting our time on this thread is that you and many others don't understand what conservative or liberal really means. Or big government or small government. You just react to them like the dog reacts to a loud noise.

(and you don't realize how silly you are when you cry about 'us versus them' or 'black-and-white' issues)

So let me ask you concerning your question is striking down a bigger government mandate, restriction or curtailing of freedom order big government or not?

WSS

Striking down a mandate would be allowing private businesses to do what they see fit. Mandate a vaccine or don't. 

This is explicitly saying they CAN'T require their employees to get vaccinated.

See the difference?

On 10/15/2021 at 11:26 PM, MLD Woody said:

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/10/11/texas-greg-abbott-covid-19-vaccine-mandate/

Just kidding. It's apparently ok for the government to decide what private companies can and can't do in regards to vaccines.

But we all know conversative "ideals" like small government only apply in political expedient situations (see: abortion)

So for those so nose deep in the right wing's ass you think any moderate is a man we of the communist party.... Defend this anti mandate mandate and tell me how it isn't big government

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

Striking down a mandate would be allowing private businesses to do what they see fit. Mandate a vaccine or don't. 

This is explicitly saying they CAN'T require their employees to get vaccinated.

See the difference?

No it's allowing the workers to make the choice. A private business probably can't require their employees to go to church either.

WSS

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

No it's allowing the workers to make the choice. A private business probably can't require their employees to go to church either.

WSS

The workers would have the choice to work somewhere else, no? Free Market.

Free market would  allow businesses to opt out of OSHA requirements. Unless you think those businesses prefer that their workers quit. Which I doubt. Of course if they did let them go out of business. I wouldn't give them any state or federal funds when they cry about it.

If there's demand for a workplace where shots aren't required than those employers should have no trouble finding people. 

And again, religion falls into a protected class. That's not up for discussion or debate here. 

1 Nor are the powers of the duly elected governors of states. Right?

2  Or just claim to be some religion that forbids vaccinations.

WSS

2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Free market would  allow businesses to opt out of OSHA requirements. Unless you think those businesses prefer that their workers quit. Which I doubt. Of course if they did let them go out of business. I wouldn't give them any state or federal funds when they cry about it.

If there's demand for a workplace where shots aren't required than those employers should have no trouble finding people. 

And again, religion falls into a protected class. That's not up for discussion or debate here. 

WSS

So you'd be OK if your company said if you don't vote for Trump you're fired?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

WSS

@Westside Steve

Steve, you edited my post. You didn't reply...

You're missing the point and we're going in circles. Republicans champion small government and less regulations. I'm not against OSHA and regulations. I'm not fighting that. I'm not even saying that the Texas republican governor doesn't have the ability to do what he did. 

The point is the Republican government of Texas is creating regulations for companies. Large government. That's the point. It's turning their back on what they say they stand for in order to push their current political agenda. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

@Westside Steve

You're missing the point and we're going in circles. Republicans champion small government and less regulations. I'm not against OSHA and regulations. I'm not fighting that. I'm not even saying that the Texas republican governor doesn't have the ability to do what he did. 

The point is the Republican government of Texas is creating regulations for companies. Large government. That's the point. It's turning their back on what they say they stand for in order to push their stop Democrats current political agenda. 

FIFY

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

@Westside Steve

Sorry Woody. Hopefully I didn't actually delete anything.

You're missing the point and we're going in circles. Republicans champion small government and less regulations.

Mask and vaccine mandates are not regulations?

I'm not against OSHA and regulations.

I'm not particularly in lockstep with anything that any Republican or anybody else you dislike says they are for. I'm not really against OSHA I think it's has its place. I do not necessarily support the idea that the federal government for whatever reason they've chosen has the word OSHA in this case to override rational practices of businesses. I do not, as some do, think that the covid problem is powerful enough to impose these kind of restrictions on freedom. And let's be honest you would most certainly be against regulations that you didn't like personally.

I'm not fighting that. I'm not even saying that the Texas republican governor doesn't have the ability to do what he did. 

The point is the Republican government of Texas is creating regulations for companies. Large government. That's the point. It's turning their back on what they say they stand for in order to push their current political agenda.

So you don't believe that OSHA which is an arm of the government is push the president his handlers or the Democrats political agenda? (similar to The way some politicians use the IRS to mess with their opponents) Please. Anyway if you're big gotcha is that you think smaller government means anarchy I think it's a silly thing to say. You do too. There will always and should always be regulations that can override injustice and I think this is one. But since this regulation overrides another even larger regulation I think the best you can hope for with your gacha game is that it's a wash.

But yes we're going in circles and I don't really care about your gacha game.

Wss

7 hours ago, Vambo said:

So you'd be OK if your company said if you don't vote for Trump you're fired?

waiting for a first time genuine answer from bird girl.

it could be a long wait. His beakness is his weakness.

16 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

@Westside Steve

You can alway tell that you have a good point by the number of times you need to clarify it...lol. your point is muddier than Pete's noodle on a Saturday night 

So you think a republican that creates a regulation that protect one's freedoms from big government control is creating big government?   That's what wanting smaller government is all about.............did you get that "Woody" nickname on the similarity of density?

17 minutes ago, bigbambo said:

You can alway tell that you have a good point by the number of times you need to clarify it...lol. your point is muddier than Pete's noodle on a Saturday night 

So you think a republican that creates a regulation that protect one's freedoms from big government control is creating big government?   That's what wanting smaller government is all about.............did you get that "Woody" nickname on the similarity of density?

What if you're a small business owner that wants to impose a vaccine mandate? 

6 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

what if a corrupt government headed by a senile corrupt president allowed tens of thousands of illegals to come across our border, then he ships them all over our country, without ANY VACCINATIONS?

https://constitutioncenter.org/interactive-constitution/blog/current-constitutional-issues-related-to-vaccine-mandates

Current constitutional issues related to vaccine mandates

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

I am a small business owner and what do you find difficult?

people that are vaxxed have all the same infection and transmission properties as the unvaxxed.....did you see deaths are rising in the double vaxxed?  Maybe they need to be drained or lose their job....   Did you see what happened to that loudmouth DJ Collin Powell ......Who needs to be cut from the herd and why?  If you are open for business or passing an unvaxxed mailman or Senator on the sidewalk...you are at risk. 

It's great to see all this hysteria but mayors sending old covid positive patients into nursing homes killing 10's of thousands is no big deal...but grab an ass, now that's unacceptable..   Maybe we should develop permanent colored DNA gloves and mandate everyone must wear them...we may stop this ass grabbin stuff

3 hours ago, bigbambo said:

I am a small business owner and what do you find difficult?

people that are vaxxed have all the same infection and transmission properties as the unvaxxed.....did you see deaths are rising in the double vaxxed?  Maybe they need to be drained or lose their job....   Did you see what happened to that loudmouth DJ Collin Powell ......Who needs to be cut from the herd and why?  If you are open for business or passing an unvaxxed mailman or Senator on the sidewalk...you are at risk. 

It's great to see all this hysteria but mayors sending old covid positive patients into nursing homes killing 10's of thousands is no big deal...but grab an ass, now that's unacceptable..   Maybe we should develop permanent colored DNA gloves and mandate everyone must wear them...we may stop this ass grabbin stuff

None of that answered my question