THE BROWNS BOARD

MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL  - October 18 -  Buffalo -6 at Tennessee.    O/U about 53.5

mjp28

MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL  - October 18 -  Buffalo -6 at Tennessee.    O/U about 53.5

Anyone watching ?

BUF 3-0  early.

1 minute ago, mjp28 said:

Anyone watching ?

BUF 3-0  early.

Yep.  I’m watching.  Browns game yesterday was one of the most deflating games I can think of in a long time. 

1st Pitt game last year.  Titans Opener two years ago up there too.  Yesterday takes the cake though 

9 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Holy smokes in our little pickem tonight it's BUF 22-4-3 a bit one sided, eh ?

Just goes to show you that the herd doesn't always know everything....... and it's nice to hit 🎯 those dogs, especially in Q4.  

Team 1 2 3 4 T
Buffalo Bills 3 17 11 0 31
★ Tennessee Titans 0 17 7 10 34 ★

1 hour ago, Axe said:

What was Buffalo thinking?

They were thinking that their QB had never failed to get at least a yard in every sneak he had ever attempted. Funny that his foot slipped on the "paint" just before he was hit down.

Anyway it was quite an ending. And to think that Henry just joined Eric Dickerson and Jim Brown as the only RBs to get 750 yds and 10 touchdowns to start a season. Not bad

for what some tried to tell me was a "slow" RB. He was only clocked at 21.8 mph on the 76 yard run. But of course "Dropsy" Coleman and "Trade-in" Ogbah were so much

more important for the Browns to take than Henry, the most prolific HS running back in history and key to Bama NC.  LOL!

5 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Just goes to show you that the herd doesn't always know everything....... and it's nice to hit 🎯 those dogs, especially in Q4.  

Team 1 2 3 4 T
Buffalo Bills 3 17 11 0 31
★ Tennessee Titans 0 17 7 10 34 ★

Guess those last two Browns losses don't look so bad now? The latest (mostly healthy)Super Bowl  fave gets beat. 

• Thanks 1

I'm not quitting on the season... And I'm not quitting on Mayfield either... The X factor is Joe woods... Can he chuck his soft zone defense for something more aggressive.. And Kevvy... Can he just stop going for it on 4th down... And take the goddamn points !

• Upvote 1

well, the Tennessee defense was playing a LOT of man to man? that frees the safeties to rove? whatever - they did a pretty good job often vs the Bills.

The Browns' defense will miss Owusu-Kamorah hugely. I have no idea who to "blame" for the secondary "miscommunications" - the players or Woods. but Ward's stupid pi (two in a row???) was pitiful. He knows better, so what the....?

2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

well, the Tennessee defense was playing a LOT of man to man? that frees the safeties to rove? whatever - they did a pretty good job often vs the Bills.

The Browns' defense will miss Owusu-Kamorah hugely. I have no idea who to "blame" for the secondary "miscommunications" - the players or Woods. but Ward's stupid pi (two in a row???) was pitiful. He knows better, so what the....?

After the Charger game I would assume the unit would breakdown all the coverage breakdowns. 

Ward looks worse now than he ever has.  John Johnson is a shell of the player he was with the Rams. And what happened to Troy Hill one of the premier slot corners in the NFL?  

Are they talented enough? 

11 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

After the Charger game I would assume the unit would breakdown all the coverage breakdowns. 

Ward looks worse now than he ever has.  John Johnson is a shell of the player he was with the Rams. And what happened to Troy Hill one of the premier slot corners in the NFL?  

Are they talented enough? 

I'm rewatching bits of the Cardinals game now.   Clowney has made 3 costly mistakes including being incredibly undisciplined in his pass rush.   You beat Murray by forcing him to step straight up or by fencing him in.  Do not let him step up and, most importantly, OUT... away from the rush.   He's too damn good at creating while on the move.

The other issues I'm noticing with our safeties is redundancy in ability.  Johnny J had the fortune of working with a young, talented center-fielder in Fuller.   This allowed him to play various assignments.  Now you're having him roam about and play deep 1/2 or deep 1/3 quite a bit, and that just isn't his game.    The problem is, that's the exact same talent as Harrison and Delpit.  Who were not true MOTFC DB's either in college or the NFL.  So we have a log-jam of a certain ability while we lack another - center field.  

Troy and Denzel have played pretty well when they're on the field.  Sans the bogus contact calls against Ward this past game (I'll give Hop the 1, but that's it)

Talent isn't the issue, it's health and roles.   We have 3 safeties, and all of 3 them can't fill the role we need most at a high level.   Harrison especially has been picked on these past 2 weeks.  Good lord... is it bad. 

edit: just got to the Murray QB draw for the TD that was called back.   Shouldn't have been called back, ticky tack holding.  Clowney again too far upfield and the Cardinals coaches saw this.   They kept going at him and Murray kept buying time his way. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

I'm rewatching bits of the Cardinals game now.   Clowney has made 3 costly mistakes including being incredibly undisciplined in his pass rush.   You beat Murray by forcing him to step straight up or by fencing him in.  Do not let him step up and, most importantly, OUT... away from the rush.   He's too damn good at creating while on the move.

The other issues I'm noticing with our safeties is redundancy in ability.  Johnny J had the fortune of working with a young, talented center-fielder in Fuller.   This allowed him to play various assignments.  Now you're having him roam about and play deep 1/2 or deep 1/3 quite a bit, and that just isn't his game.    The problem is, that's the exact same talent as Harrison and Delpit.  Who were not true MOTFC DB's either in college or the NFL.  So we have a log-jam of a certain ability while we lack another - center field.  

Troy and Denzel have played pretty well when they're on the field.  Sans the bogus contact calls against Ward this past game (I'll give Hop the 1, but that's it)

Talent isn't the issue, it's health and roles.   We have 3 safeties, and all of 3 them can't fill the role we need most at a high level.   Harrison especially has been picked on these past 2 weeks.  Good lord... is it bad. 

edit: just got to the Murray QB draw for the TD that was called back.   Shouldn't have been called back, ticky tack holding.  Clowney again too far upfield and the Cardinals coaches saw this.   They kept going at him and Murray kept buying time his way. 

I didn’t even get into Harrison.

Chargers game they had the 4th and 2 play from their own 20 something.  Go back and Watch him fill. It looked like he diagnosed it correctly- just weak attempt in a big moment (almost Mack Wilsonesque) I swear I don’t have anything against Bama guys.

He can’t play center field he can’t play in the box….what can he do? 

Just now, SdBacker80 said:

I didn’t even get into Harrison.

Chargers game they had the 4th and 2 play from their own 20 something.  Go back and Watch him fill. It looked like he diagnosed it correctly- just weak attempt in a big moment (almost Mack Wilsonesque) I swear I don’t have anything against Bama guys.

He can’t play center field he can’t play in the box….what can he do? 

At the moment? He can be the biggest defensive liability we have and that's about it.