THE BROWNS BOARD

Trade OBJ... Pa-Leeeze!

nickers

The sad thing about this.. based on his performance.. No one in their right mind would want him.. And I doubt it will happen... But since he's been back... He's been pure shit... And let's face it folks... He's brittle.. Personally if I were the Browns.. I would just let him walk... But I would bench him first .. Fuck his feelings.. As I said earlier on this forum.. OBJ will never be what he once was... He will just continue to get hurt... We need more physical type WR's like DPJ.. Landry on the other hand is pure gold and possibly one of if not the best rout runners I've seen in recent years.. He reminds me of Cris Carter in a lot ways... Not the faster guy on the field... But he gets open and moves the chains... His production is incredible... OBJ is nothing but a clown... Let's move on from him...

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, nickers said:

The sad thing about this.. based on his performance.. No one in their right mind would want him.. And I doubt it will happen... But since he's been back... He's been pure shit... And let's face it folks... He's brittle.. Personally if I were the Browns.. I would just let him walk... But I would bench him first .. Fuck his feelings.. As I said earlier on this forum.. OBJ will never be what he once was... He will just continue to get hurt... We need more physical type WR's like DPJ.. Landry on the other hand is pure gold and possibly one of if not the best rout runners I've seen in recent years.. He reminds me of Cris Carter in a lot ways... Not the faster guy on the field... But he gets open and moves the chains... His production is incredible... OBJ is nothing but a clown... Let's move on from him...

While I mostly agree, DPJ hurt his dick in warm-ups last night and Higgins has been mostly invisible, so we just gotta pray this guy gets his shit together... he's gone after the season.

Z

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Zombo said:

While I mostly agree, DPJ hurt his dick in warm-ups last night and Higgins has been mostly invisible, so we just gotta pray this guy gets his shit together... he's gone after the season.

Z

In reflecting on it, this is the more accurate take. No one is going to take on OBJ's salary for half the year AND give up anything at all of value. My only hope against hope is that maybe if he (OBJ) and Landry can get back close to 100% it might spark something. But man, that dude was a net zero out there tonight. Even his one deep catch was a double clutch almost drop. He's not playing like a $1.7 million dollar player, yet alone at $17 million man.

Teams are noticing his star power is gone too. If you noticed, Surtain (who holy shit looked good) for the Broncos was pretty exclusively on Landry last night. Honestly, why would you cover him with your best right now?

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

I think you are going to see a slow transfer to DPJ types (above average ceiling) WRs because this brain Trust/QB doesn’t utilize the position.  

Radical changes coming. He’s gone this coming offseason. Landry restructures. Higgins walks.

I agree. I think they drafted Schwartz for a reason, but he's clearly still learning/acclimating to the NFL. Not sure how much his ceiling is.

7 hours ago, Zombo said:

Z

Love him or hate him, OBJ is here for the rest of the season. No team is going to want to pick up the rest of his salary.  

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, hx214 said:

Honestly, if I'm the Browns I'd even overpay him a bit just to keep him around. Guy just brings so much to the team.

Including a great attitude and work ethic and leadership. He was one of the only players speaking out when that turd Hue and then Freddie were "in charge."

9 hours ago, hx214 said:

Honestly, if I'm the Browns I'd even overpay him a bit just to keep him around. Guy just brings so much to the team.

here's my only reasoning, for peeking at a tone negative topic ^^  Well said on #80!

carry on, shall ya may !      

6ybb.gif     

No! the 2021 version, of OBJ won't be traded again 🎶 

https://www.brownszone.com/2021/10/22/jarvis-landry-odell-beckham-jr-epitomize-teams-fighting-spirit-by-playing-through-pain-in-win-over-broncos/

20 hours ago, hoorta said:

Love him or hate him, OBJ is here for the rest of the season. No team is going to want to pick up the rest of his salary.  

he is fucking garbage.......and you are right....no one wants this guy.....just cut him......take the loss on the money....make room for a possible wr in next yrs draft....there has to be another calvin ridley out there somewhere........

1 hour ago, browns52 said:

he is fucking garbage.......and you are right....no one wants this guy.....just cut him......take the loss on the money....make room for a possible wr in next yrs draft....there has to be another calvin ridley out there somewhere........

Uh huh... Just like the entire team is garbage in your estimation. Couldn't beat Georgia? May not win another game? Seems they won Thursday.  Do us a favor, and find another team to root for. 

On 10/23/2021 at 12:14 PM, browns52 said:

.take the loss on the money.

Gotta love folk with so low of a regard for OPM....

Money, well, get back
I'm all right Jack, keep your hands off of my stack
Money, it's a hit
Don't give me that do goody good bullshit