THE BROWNS BOARD

NFL Trade deadline 2021

gumby73

4 PM Tuesday Nov. 2 2021

1) Your position(s) of needed upgrade ?

2) Who's on your Browns roster Trading block ?

3) Any Names/contracts you would target via trade ?

4) Does Mack Wilson really get Traded ?... Yes   or     No 

Keep'em Real 🤭  

Not really feelin' it on us trading.

43 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

...and he just had a huge game (for him).  Made 4 solo tackles.  

Bold starting talk... https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2021/10/25/22742062/5-daring-moves-the-browns-could-make-before-the-nfl-trade-deadline

23 hours ago, gumby73 said:

1) Your position(s) of needed upgrade ?   CB/LB/S   Swing Tackle

33 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

I read the article and there is some of the stupid shit I been seeing,  like trading Hunt for a corner or some shit. Kareem is another one of those players that plays violent and leaves it out on the field. I never heard about him being unhappy with his role on the team so why would you trade him. If fact, I think he enjoys being back home since he is from Elyria. 

If you are trying to change the culture, you don't trade your best players who actually like being here🙄😏

• Upvote 1

On 10/24/2021 at 7:24 PM, gumby73 said:

4 PM Tuesday Nov. 2 2021

1) Your position(s) of needed upgrade ?

2) Who's on your Browns roster Trading block ?

3) Any Names/contracts you would target via trade ?

First off one has to decide if you are a "seller" or a "buyer". With no SB in sight that I can see, I am a seller... not a "tear it all down" seller, but a seller.

Combine that with my evolving RPO/ZBS "theory(?)" and I get...

1. DT/ 2022 Draft/LB
  2. Conklin still has decent value, but not living up to contract. Possibly Ward...
  3. Nope... I'm selling... not renting soon to be UFAs.

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:
34 minutes ago, Neo said:

I read the article and there is some of the stupid shit I been seeing,  like trading Hunt for a corner or some shit. Kareem is another one of those players that plays violent and leaves it out on the field. I never heard about him being unhappy with his role on the team so why would you trade him. If fact, I think he enjoys being back home since he is from Elyria. 

If you are trying to change the culture, you don't trade your best players who actually like being here🙄😏

Sorry Spain, but great trade there for us.... hell... I'd throw in Ward just to seal it. At 6'1, 198 Howard has a shot at playing a full season.

Hunt? Once great.... and gave it his all to date this season... and got hurt in the process. Dude was a baller, but now he is in his 6th year of a job where the average life is... 2.6 years.

Doesn't help that he runs like a much bigger man to boot. Admirable? Sure, but... career shortening.

image.thumb.png.6e581df4f514688b28c72d33f400e78c.png

Can't get sentimental... Sancho... ;) , but say hello to Dulcinea for me.

I did not know the league average was so low across all positions....

22 minutes ago, Neo said:

fully agree.. 👍

I'm a Toledo Rocket grad, so I was elated to see Hunt sign back near home... The guy has pushed to dang hard to get right, after one bad hotel night.. I'm not moving Hunt nor De'Ernest.. They both seem to like their playing roles here.. Perfect enough in my eyes

Can't see pricey moves such has X.Howard nor Marcus Maye happening with this FO 

2 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

It's business, gum... not personal.

Take the canolli... ;)

It's spelled cannoli...

Here's something this guinea never knew until recently - cannoli is plural. 

If you have one of those delicious phallic-shaped Italian pastries, you have a cannolo. 

And that is the most useless fact you'll ever learn. 😋

And I often put the em-PHA-sis on the wrong syl-lab-BLE. Sue me... ;)

Just starting my Italian lessons... hoping to go to Sicily this summer. Would be my first time there... freakin love Italy an hear Sicily is even more laid back... at least so long as one minds his own business.

Bout time I learned the language...

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

It's business, gum... not personal.

Business begins with Denzel Ward imho.. I'd like to trade a cannolo for a extra deadline week

D.Ward draws Chase Claypool pre- deadline 

Ja'marr Chase post-deadline.. (he's been crazy good)..

I will note.. Greedy has been playing well.. but give the nod to Ward.. (but god please, just get both thru the season)

I get your RB wear timeline... but Hunt is earning a fair deal he signed up for.. 

OBJ was nothing like we hoped it would be, I would not be upset if he was gone, Injury or not dude dropped some passes that were in his hands, at this point OBJ is another D Bowe or Britt. Came here to get paid and did nothing. Although OBJ shined at Dallas last season but 1 great game in 3 seasons is not enough to keep you . 

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

Ronnie Harrison is a very good safety?  

Dude is the worst DB we have...

I'd like to see Richard LeCounte steal some of his reps.. Delpit has looked lost back there too at times... 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

It's spelled cannoli...

If you have one of those delicious phallic-shaped Italian pastries, you have a cannolo. 

Similarly, gnocchi is plural, and the singular is gnocco. 

• Upvote 1

Me? I'm not making any major moves at the trade deadline.  Unless any top Defensive coordinators are available.  :D

PS- I'm not a big fan of Italian vino. I think Barolo is both singular and plural. Or at least in America it's  Barolos,  not Baroli. 

And just HELL NO to moving Hunt or Ward.

• Upvote 1

I doubt our FO is going to look for any half season rentals.  If anything we will probably be sellers.  My saying "if anything" means we probably stand pat.

I might move Hunt considering I have always felt that Johnson could be a very good back, verified by the other night, but Hunts current injury status hurts.

We also would have to consider who we are trading with.  It's usually contending teams looking for a player like Hunt, and those are the teams we are hoping to be playing in January.  We aren't at the fire sale point where draft picks are the primary goal.

9 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Business begins with Denzel Ward imho.. I'd like to trade a cannolo for a extra deadline week

D.Ward draws Chase Claypool pre- deadline 

Ja'marr Chase post-deadline.. (he's been crazy good)..

I will note.. Greedy has been playing well.. but give the nod to Ward.. (but god please, just get both thru the season)

I get your RB wear timeline... but Hunt is earning a fair deal he signed up for.. 

Respect your take, my friend, but disagree...

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Meanwhile.... behold the ultimate, 2021, CB rental falling from the sky...

CB Kyle Fuller (banger) catches my eyes here... https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-trade-deadline-2021-news-rumors-top-targets/16bcvaocqttaf1dycelw2v9b9u

Denver could use a toss in like Mack Wilson too.. Rumors read a 3rd/4th to acquire Fuller https://predominantlyorange.com/2021/10/25/denver-broncos-kyle-fuller-trades-watch/

9 hours ago, ballpeen said:

I doubt our FO is going to look for any half season rentals.  If anything we will probably be sellers.  My saying "if anything" means we probably stand pat.

I might move Hunt considering I have always felt that Johnson could be a very good back, verified by the other night, but Hunts current injury status hurts.

We also would have to consider who we are trading with.  It's usually contending teams looking for a player like Hunt, and those are the teams we are hoping to be playing in January.  We aren't at the fire sale point where draft picks are the primary goal.

Hunt has arguably the most team friendly contract maybe one of the best contracts for production in the entire league. 

Not only that he’s been our best weapon on offense or one of the best weapons each Sunday 

back to more fantasy 🏈

not a fan of bleacher.. but i can get here.. https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2949798-3-players-that-browns-must-consider-trading-for-at-2021-nfl-trade-deadline

their top 15 trade board.. https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2949784-2021-nfl-trade-block-big-board-entering-week-8  note.. no OBJ.. 2 bum shoulders/contract, comes into play 

CBS chimes in with us dealing OBJ & Mariota is coming our way 🧐.. https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/its-only-week-8-of-the-nfl-season-but-these-nine-nfc-teams-and-five-afc-teams-can-forget-about-the-playoffs/

next Tuesday can't get here quick enough... #noise

On 10/26/2021 at 4:02 AM, Dutch Oven said:

It's spelled cannoli...

On 10/26/2021 at 6:21 AM, Ibleedbrown said:

Similarly, gnocchi is plural, and the singular is gnocco. 

In italian, plural nouns end with -i. 

Singular masculine nouns with - o and femenine with - a. 

Italiano, italiana, italiani

Fratello, (sorella), fratelli. 

• Upvote 2