THE BROWNS BOARD

NFL Trade deadline 2021

gumby73

Texan shopping lists...

image.thumb.png.d0587f61b544e3b45a4ff5a0f95e2e20.png

image.thumb.png.80137b3ab855f039e7557b96db0debf0.png

'll tel ya.... there are some players there. And if the sale is deeply discounted I'd go after...

D-side:

• Zac Cunningham
  • Blacklock can anchor... 'bout all he can do, but...
  • Dez King was a CB of note in the draft.... big kid.
  • I liked Murray (SS) quit a bit. Ditto FS Jusrin Reid, but Safety helpisn't that high on our list... or is it, tia?
  • My Coug, Omenihu would add to our Edge depth/ rotation

O:.friendly

• I scouted Jimmy Morrisey (C, Pitt rookie) Plenty to like with room to grow/improve. Nice ZBS fit with some anchor (6'3, 303) and better fit to swing to OG than Harris has shown. Nice piece should Tretter want a bit too big of a cap bite to stick around.
  • Titus Howard... big, raw RT from a small school was an intriguing draft prospect. Not sure where his development is, but another, more cap friendly  Conklin alt would not suck.

8 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Texan shopping lists...

image.thumb.png.d0587f61b544e3b45a4ff5a0f95e2e20.png

image.thumb.png.80137b3ab855f039e7557b96db0debf0.png

'll tel ya.... there are some players there. And if the sale is deeply discounted I'd go after...

D-side:

• Zac Cunningham
  • Blacklock can anchor... 'bout all he can do, but...
  • Dez King was a CB of note in the draft.... big kid.
  • I liked Murray (SS) quit a bit. Ditto FS Jusrin Reid, but Safety helpisn't that high on our list... or is it, tia?
  • My Coug, Omenihu would add to our Edge depth/ rotation

O:.friendly

• I scouted Jimmy Morrisey (C, Pitt rookie) Plenty to like with room to grow/improve. Nice ZBS fit with some anchor (6'3, 303) and better fit to swing to OG than Harris has shown. Nice piece should Tretter want a bit too big of a cap bite to stick around.
  • Titus Howard... big, raw RT from a small school was an intriguing draft prospect. Not sure where his development is, but another, more cap friendly  Conklin alt would not suck.

S help is still high on the list.  Harrison is incredibly limited in his deployment, Delpit is a redshirt freshman and playing like it.  Johnny J is banged up and is at his best when being used as our chess piece.

I've said Quandre Diggs name twice. I'm hoping on the 3rd time it becomes reality.  Haven't watched enough Justin Reid to give an opinion one way or the other.  I do know at one point he was a rising name in the NFL for young DB's though. 

Giants are blowing it up and so everything's available outside of Toney and Barkley. [also, tool tip of the day: Hold down Windows+Shift+S to create a screenshot]

image.png.cd9a5c9a29401c7dc8fe99623436d7cf.png

I say all that to say.. Julian Love is my dark-horse S trade candidate.. not for much, a round 6.. He's asked to be their duct tape; he can do better having just one assignment.  Or Xavier McKinney, but that whole broken foot thing turns me off.

51 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Effin Von Miller for a 2022 2nd and 3rd?

Holy fire sale shit... who else Denver got?

Said it elsewhere Tour. The Rams 100% mortgaged their future for one shot at a ring.  Had to check- they have no first or second round picks in 2022 or 2035.  

41 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

No trade will be happening for Deshaun according to Schefter

Meaning we (the Texans) made one of the dumbest trades in NFL history virtually gifting Deandre Watkins to the Cardinals, and we're not taking anything less than full market value for Deshaun this time around.  :)  

PS- based on Stefanski's comments- I suspect OBJ is going to be with the Browns for the rest of the season.

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

Meaning we (the Texans) made one of the dumbest trades in NFL history virtually gifting Deandre Watkins to the Cardinals, and we're not taking anything less than full market value for Deshaun this time around.  :)  

PS- based on Stefanski's comments- I suspect OBJ is going to be with the Browns for the rest of the season.

And mercifully the OBJ saga will end after the season... 

Ohio State has a couple WR studs in the upcoming draft. 

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

And mercifully the OBJ saga will end after the season... 

Ohio State has a couple WR studs in the upcoming draft. 

You mean OSU's Olave? We can only hope. It's now three hours past the deadline, and OBJ is still a Brown AFAIK.  Based on Stefanski's comments- that doesn't surprise me. 

9 minutes ago, hoorta said:

You mean OSU's Olave? We can only hope. It's now three hours past the deadline, and OBJ is still a Brown AFAIK.  Based on Stefanski's comments- that doesn't surprise me. 

Olave or Garrett Wilson... 

That or the top rated DE on the board. 

2 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

That or the top rated DE on the board. 

We can bang on OBJ all we want to, but thanks for reminding me- Clowney is just a one year rent-a-player.  

On 10/25/2021 at 11:21 PM, Ibleedbrown said:

Similarly, gnocchi is plural, and the singular is gnocco. 

Man, but do I love me some gnoccos... ;)

• Haha 1

On 11/2/2021 at 5:57 PM, Dutch Oven said:

The 2022 Draft is shaping up to be another deep one at WR. That UGA kid is awesome... Burton I think.

While I like Olave, I'd prefer a stronger WR and there are some big, strong ones...

TE-wise... reallyt aking a liking to this TAMU kid... big kid who can block and has dently soft hands... He's really developed synergy with ghe AGs' 2nd string QB... who is coming along nicely himslelf...

Just now, Tour2ma said:

The 2022 Draft is shaping up to be another deep one at WR. That UGA kid is awesome... Burton I think.

While I like Olave, I'd prefer a stronger WR and there are some big, strong ones...

TE-wise... reallyt aking a liking to this TAMU kid... big kid who can block and has dently soft hands... He's really developed synergy with ghe AGs' 2nd string QB... who is coming along nicely himslelf...

You think Landry will be back next season?