THE BROWNS BOARD

Baker Mayfield

Soju

31 minutes ago, Zombo said:

He had a 102.4 rating today, with one arm, his two starting tackles out, his best wr out, and his best running back out.

And we've given up 84 points in 2 weeks.

So, maybe take a different angle on this.

Z

QBR is garbage, we've been through this.

One arm? Then Keenum should play, I suggested as much when he injured his shoulder.   Remember we had this chat last week and you said "He'll defeat his injury like his opponent".    Defeat, Z...  like having half your arm being useless is somehow the colonists beating the British.       You won't find me arguing about the rest of the personnel, but Bakers decision making, when given the opportunity to make a smart play or a play that wouldn't hurt the team, was incredibly subpar.   So while his left arm might be bad, his mind shouldn't be.  

You also said "he'll earn your respect back".   Baker never didn't have my respect, but you take my observations as overly critical as opposed to what they are - in depth offerings.

Bakers average depth of target is slowly decreasing, it started happening before his injury.  The line play hasn't been great, but Baker hasn't been good enough to compensate either.  This team is in a funky combination of issues with health and quality of play.    I don't see any one player being the sole cause, but the largest microscope will always be put on the guy that always has the ball in his hands.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

One arm? Then Keenum should play, I suggested as much when he injured his shoulder.   Remember we had this chat last week and you said "He'll defeat his injury like his opponent".    Defeat, Z...  like having half your arm being useless is somehow the colonists beating the British.       You won't find me arguing about the rest of the personnel, but Bakers decision making, when given the opportunity to make a smart play or a play that wouldn't hurt the team, was incredibly subpar.   So while his left arm might be bad, his mind shouldn't be.  

You also said "he'll earn your respect back".   Baker never didn't have my respect, but you take my observations as overly critical as opposed to what they are - in depth offerings.

Bakers average depth of target is slowly decreasing, it started happening before his injury.  The line play hasn't been great, but Baker hasn't been good enough to compensate either.  This team is in a funky combination of issues with health and quality of play.    I don't see any one player being the sole cause, but the largest microscope will always be put on the guy that always has the ball in his hands.

Yep, if your line isn't giving you time, you have to make quicker decisions. So we just can stop using "he's hurt" as an excuse. If the "hurt" is effecting his play that much- sit him. 

Baker hasn't been right for weeks, and could it be our "Coach of the Year" has been figured out?  

• Upvote 1

On 10/11/2021 at 6:04 PM, Dutch Oven said:

Mrs. Baker Mayfield dropped this gem on the Twitters Monday afternoon...

emily mayfield .jpg

She mentions "hate" twice. Criticism would have been the better word.

Why does criticism of a player always translate to "hate"?  Because it shifts fault away from Baker and makes the one doing the "hating" the bad guy.

Baker never asks for recognition??

No shit. How noble of him. I don't know of any player that openly asks for recognition. Recognition is earned.

Baker SUCKS.  Time to get a real QB before our SB windows closes for good.  DO not pay him what he thinks he's worth.  Meanwhile, Stefanieowski better start calling better plays and fire Joe Woods.  Follow my advice and we win multiple Super Bowls.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Soju said:

Baker SUCKS.  Time to get a real QB before our SB windows closes for good.  DO not pay him what he thinks he's worth.  Meanwhile, Stefanieowski better start calling better plays and fire Joe Woods.  Follow my advice and we win multiple Super Bowls.

Ahhh I see the Village Idiot is back...

14 hours ago, hoorta said:

Yep, if your line isn't giving you time, you have to make quicker decisions. So we just can stop using "he's hurt" as an excuse. If the "hurt" is effecting his play that much- sit him. 

Baker hasn't been right for weeks, and could it be our "Coach of the Year" has been figured out?  

i do know our coach of the defense has been figured out.....reason....just about everyone on this board was complaining about the injjury bug.when the d was not playing well...especially llast yr...well this yr we had the players back and they still suck....also, the money spent and the draft were supposed to make this team the missing part that was going to make us a sb contender...phwaaaaat...yeah right....so to me it comes down to the coach and his crew.....they suck big time....i cannot put this totally on the offense alone...

9 hours ago, Soju said:

Follow my advice and we win multiple Super Bowls.

Didn't know we had Paul Brown posting on the Board, what an honor... 

On 10/14/2021 at 4:02 PM, browns52 said:

he usually plays well but he is not an elite qb

Which is the case in about 32 NFL towns every week. Elite don't grow on trees.

So you surround him with all you can (which we've still yet to do) and.... soldier on.

Said it a couple days ago... time to shut BAKER down.... get him fixed and let him heal so we can at least evaluate his repair.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

So you surround him with all you can (which we've still yet to do) and.... soldier on.

Said it a couple days ago... time to shut BAKER down.... get him fixed and let him heal so we can at least evaluate his repair.

I totally agree with this...

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

You'll be happy to know the majority 60% of the WKNR poll agrees with you. With the Thursday night game and the mini-bye, it's obvious what the Browns should do. That shoulder is never going to be "right" for the rest of the season.  Off season surgery is almost a foregone conclusion.  

We can beat Denver with Keenum behind center- IF Chubb and Landry are healed up enough to play. 

6 minutes ago, hoorta said:

We can beat Denver with Keenum behind center- IF Chubb and Landry are healed up enough to play. 

Not with the OL and DL injury count we have amassed.

On 10/18/2021 at 9:37 AM, Soju said:

fucking joe woods......now you got my blood pressure on the rise......thanks for that....but it is true....the guy sucks at his job...

12 hours ago, hoorta said:

You'll be happy to know the majority 60% of the WKNR poll agrees with you. With the Thursday night game and the mini-bye, it's obvious what the Browns should do. That shoulder is never going to be "right" for the rest of the season.  Off season surgery is almost a foregone conclusion.  

don't think chubb is playing....keenum will probably end up playing and he may be carted off the field by time the game is over...denver probably wins this one and puts the browns out of its misery....hey, this is cleveland  browns football...don't you know this by now......whatever can go wrong, will go wrong...

3 hours ago, browns52 said:

don't think chubb is playing....keenum will probably end up playing and he may be carted off the field by time the game is over...denver probably wins this one and puts the browns out of its misery....hey, this is cleveland  browns football...don't you know this by now......whatever can go wrong, will go wrong...

yeah... Keep the negative attitude going... That's a LOSER mentality..

2 hours ago, Zombo said:

Baker's labrum is completely torn, he's playing, suck it.

Z

You'd probably want him out there if he had a broken arm.  :)  DON'T try and minimize it Z. It's a significant injury that will take 4-6 weeks to heal after off season surgery, and another 6 weeks of rehab to be back to normal.  

If it was his throwing shoulder- he'd be done for the year.  

• Thanks 1

I have a concern with Stef now. Baker has a big personality, and you have to be able to deliver bad news - he shouldn't be playing.  

The oline isn't going to be at full strength, you're facing a better pass rush than last week and Baker isn't going to be magically healed.   It would take a minor miracle to have his accuracy improved from last week along with his penchant for holding onto the ball.  

I just don't see this as a winning recipe without severely cutting down the playbook.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

You'd probably want him out there if he had a broken arm.  :)  DON'T try and minimize it Z. It's a significant injury that will take 4-6 weeks to heal after off season surgery, and another 6 weeks of rehab to be back to normal.  

Well, we don't have time for that shit, so he's playing, he's leading and we'll be winning.

Z

On 10/17/2021 at 9:10 PM, tiamat63 said:

well put......

5 hours ago, hoorta said:

he will end up like rg3 if he does not watch himself and let his ego get in the way.....best to sit out the rest of the season  for his own good whether he is in cleve next yr or not....shoulder injury took its toll on poor ole bernie....derrick thomas ended his career.......

5 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

.  I just don't see this as a winning recipe without severely cutting down the playbook.

Either he gets put on the shelf and gets surgery, and his season is over, or he continues to play, with middling results. 

Either way, this could very well torpedo the Browns attempt at a long playoff run. 

17 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

Thanks U... maybe it's not as bad as I initially thought, but it's still not good...  Baker has his 10 days off, but if it was me, I'd sit him a couple more games.  Other than having Hunt and JOK on IR, if everyone else is full go, MHO is we can take the Steelers with Keenum at QB.   

Baker is one tough dude, that shoulder has to hurt like hell. From personal experience- my wife fractured her humerus head in a skiing accident, and they put her on some heavy duty narcotic pain killers for the trip back to Ohio.  

21 hours ago, hoorta said:

Thanks U... maybe it's not as bad as I initially thought, but it's still not good...  Baker has his 10 days off, but if it was me, I'd sit him a couple more games.  Other than having Hunt and JOK on IR, if everyone else is full go, MHO is we can take the Steelers with Keenum at QB.   

Baker is one tough dude, that shoulder has to hurt like hell. From personal experience- my wife fractured her humerus head in a skiing accident, and they put her on some heavy duty narcotic pain killers for the trip back to Ohio.  

With all due respect, Baker is not your wife. And he's worth 7 points a week over Case. He's playing, fuck the shoulder, he has the Super Bowl until the Thursday Night opener next year to have surgery and heal.

Z

15 minutes ago, Zombo said:

With all due respect, Baker is not your wife. And he's worth 7 points a week over Case. He's playing, fuck the shoulder, he has the Super Bowl until the Thursday Night opener next year to have surgery and heal.

Z

Just stop with the rah, rah sis boom bah with Baker already. Or did you miss that background stuff where his pain level is so high, it's affecting his sleep, and the shoulder is swelling up? Stuff like that can't affect his play? Sorry Z, Mayfield will play when the Medical Staff says it's safe for him to play, and not until. Or would you rather trot him out there and see that shoulder get even more screwed up than it already is- (easily could happen) and have Case quarterbacking the team for the rest of the year? 

You want my opinion? We're getting Chubb and Conklin back for the Steelers. Minus Baker, we'll be as close to full strength as we've been since the opener. Sit him one additional week- based on that, we should be able to beat Pittsburg with Keenum at quarterback.  LOL, or you going to be oblivious that Watt & Company are already making plans- if Baker is in there, make sure when you sack him- he lands on that left shoulder.  :) 

21 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Just stop with the rah, rah sis boom bah with Baker already. Or did you miss that background stuff where his pain level is so high, it's affecting his sleep, and the shoulder is swelling up? Stuff like that can't affect his play? Sorry Z, Mayfield will play when the Medical Staff says it's safe for him to play, and not until. Or would you rather trot him out there and see that shoulder get even more screwed up than it already is- (easily could happen) and have Case quarterbacking the team for the rest of the year? 

You want my opinion? We're getting Chubb and Conklin back for the Steelers. Minus Baker, we'll be as close to full strength as we've been since the opener. Sit him one additional week- based on that, we should be able to beat Pittsburg with Keenum at quarterback.  LOL, or you going to be oblivious that Watt & Company are already making plans- if Baker is in there, make sure when you sack him- he lands on that left shoulder.  :) 

We are 0-55 when it comes to Super Bowls so far.

This is the best roster we have had in those 55 years.

Shoot him up and send him out there... Case Keenum is just a guy ... Baker is a Legend In Waiting.

Z