THE BROWNS BOARD

getting to watch game now

Solon16

I'm all for starting anybody over Jamal..James Davis looks a full second faster 40 wise...he just hits the hole...can't stand ol tippy toes...drives me MAD!

Lewis has been tippy toeing his whole career and it used to work wonders for him.

But...

You get older and lose some of that speed, strength and agility and you just can't be productive while keeping that same running style.

The game has been evolving over the years. Guys keep getting bigger, stronger, faster and more agile. You hesitate, "tippy toe," then that hole closes and you've missed your chance. I'm pretty sure that's why we see so many backs running into the backs of their linemen. Those holes are only open for a second or two at best and if you're running between the tackles you have to trust your linemen to give you the assigned opening, hesitate and you've lost your chance at positive yards.

I also think that this is the reason we see more later round backs flourish. They don't HAVE to possess great instincts, they just have make their one cut then be there and plow forward as the hole opens.

The game is changing, with so much equality in athleticism among the players health, individual intelligence and good scheming by the coaching staff make more of a difference than ever before.

I don't know what all you D'qwell Jackson fans see....I don't think he's that good at all...he and Barton are just average at best!

Mark it...Greg Jones Michigan St...next year...hope he slips to us in second round... lol Not a fan of our back up corners either, Hood thrown on all first half...making gage look like fitzgerald. I Like B-mac and Wright... but ivy , hood & poteat all Just guys

I don't know what all you D'qwell Jackson fans see....I don't think he's that good at all...he and Barton are just average at best!

Seconded. D'qwell makes a whole lot of tackles, but very few plays. He is solid - maybe even our best linebacker, but it is completely a case of "in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king."

Just watched the replay of Browns vs Titans, and holy shit was the ref running into DA funny. Furrey was a great pick up, damn i wish we had him last year. Our run D was looking better than we did last week. Also what is going on with Brian Robiskie, where is he in regards of being in the top 4 of our wr's. Getting pumped for the opener.

Robiske has been invisable....Glad we got furrey, might be a late round sleeper in FF. Really Love the Mosely pick up...dude has a MOTOR! aand Coleman is great in run Defense...wonder what Bowens brings....haven't seen him play a down.

Robiske has been invisable....Glad we got furrey, might be a late round sleeper in FF. Really Love the Mosely pick up...dude has a MOTOR! aand Coleman is great in run Defense...wonder what Bowens brings....haven't seen him play a down.

I agree, Mosely has been a surprise getting after the QB and Coleman as advertised against the run. I have a feeling Bowens may not be much, but it looks like Hall is starting to develop with him being out. As Flugs has noted, Wimbley is playing pretty inspired too. Maybe the light is going on for him.

I agree, Mosely has been a surprise getting after the QB and Coleman as advertised against the run. I have a feeling Bowens may not be much, but it looks like Hall is starting to develop with him being out. As Flugs has noted, Wimbley is playing pretty inspired too. Maybe the light is going on for him.

Have you seen Bowens play a snap??? haven't heard peep about him.

Archived