THE BROWNS BOARD

Nine Biggest Mysteries of the new NFL season

OconRecon

I'm sure some of you saw this already...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/1000406...start?GT1=39002

9. Cleveland quarterback

Brady Quinn deserves the Browns' starting QB job.

Here's the problem.

For reasons that only he knows, Eric Mangini refuses to end the mystery.

Brady Quinn should be the starting quarterback. He has earned it in the preseason, offseason and last season. Quinn gives the Browns a better chance to win now and a better chance to win in 2010 and 2011, when they can actually think about taking a step forward.

For purposes of leadership, chemistry with the first-team offense and confidence in the locker room, Cleveland's brain trust needs to end the mystery.

Your emails in response to the Schein Nine will be read on FOXSports.com "video style" in the Schein Box.

Adam Schein has joined the twitter craze. Follow him and get the latest updates on his work at FOXSports.com, SNY and Sirius NFL Radio at www.twitter.com/AdamSchein.

Bud Shaw hinting at the same this morning while questioning if Mangini will do it or not. Love that he calls Quinn "Irish" in the article.

"Derek and I are two mentally tough guys," Quinn said. "If coach wants it to go forever, I'm sure we'd go forever."

Whoa now, Irish, Mangini doesn't need any encouragement.

The two texts on Saturday were about Quinn's start and then a post game photo.

The two photos about the game on ClevelandBrowns.com are of Quinn.

It seems actions speak louder than words.

Or I'm just reading into it as I want this page turned!

Here's the deal, other than Lums and Dilfer, everyone already is assuming it'll be Quinn. The Vikes will plan on him as the starter in game preparation. You might as well name the head of the offense for the sake of the locker room and move on.

The two texts on Saturday were about Quinn's start and then a post game photo.

The two photos about the game on ClevelandBrowns.com are of Quinn.

It seems actions speak louder than words.

Or I'm just reading into it as I want this page turned!

Here's the deal, other than Lums and Dilfer, everyone already is assuming it'll be Quinn. The Vikes will plan on him as the starter in game preparation. You might as well name the head of the offense for the sake of the locker room and move on.

As much as I like waht Mangini has been doing with the team, this Billy B. mentality about injuries and keeping everything secret is a bit childish. for me it is like saying "I know we aren't as good as you so we are going to try to trick you". Let's man up and play ball.

Guest Masters
As much as I like waht Mangini has been doing with the team, this Billy B. mentality about injuries and keeping everything secret is a bit childish. for me it is like saying "I know we aren't as good as you so we are going to try to trick you". Let's man up and play ball.

In fairness, even if his team was as good, he'd still do the same thing.

childish? i think the man may know something about getting any edge you can. think he may may have learned something from spygate?

just because us fans wanna know means nothing when trying to win. i'll gladly take secrecy if it means W's.

Guest Masters
I don't mind the injury thing, but I believe the Secret Quarterback thing is a huge mistake with actual consequences.

Only if it is a secret inside the organization still.

Archived