THE BROWNS BOARD

Bitonio signs 3yr Ext:

nickers

3 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Hot damn. I’d like to see Bito retire a Brown but l must admit l’m surprised to see so much money committed to the OG position. I wouldn’t think analytics would favor that. 

No trenches.. No victories... Gotta have horses..

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Hot damn. I’d like to see Bito retire a Brown but l must admit l’m surprised to see so much money committed to the OG position. I wouldn’t think analytics would favor that. 

If our identity is going to be  a power running team first- with Chubb and Hunt, better make sure you have the horses up front to open holes for them.  FWIW, Based on the contracts Bitonio and Teller recently inked, the Colts stud guard Quenton Nelson is seriously underpaid. (only about $8 million this year)

YEeeeeSssss ! 

I think 🤓    I have a board pal... @D Bone that had a daughter? teaching school... One of her students hand wrote a assignment to a great letter Bone posted "Why do the Browns Lose?"

I gifted, from this board... this un-glaring photo, with a gift letter attached... stating    "We need more great players such as Joel Bitonio"  

AU6vC0iddWSfag4fKcgK3GA_pwBAyz733C_vvW9p87zUysKNLRw9kGfBr3rQjYmQO_cNWi-a2MJu0InY_oJCD6HxpzBtPXzgcPJlstTm1-k0TB0kLfFw0VV9SAc-LGMrcqi-K-U_N9xQuRqVgDYgjNY4RIyQa9K2xpASqm0LwQi5z6XSr1gEqAOYsIqQ7p5py3ZBzGj3Mcz8fjOEOIMdH1Bvihcv_YdB6DQcUAJ_Q1yIsiiW3PGQh8wh-W8GFqM3o5gyksakLpp7QqeJMesEUf48TG2PvIXrJgaUPgBa7E1PoMUPmI_NaH4FR36BSNFPXGJCy1UwD5EEnnhiFvmCzAaeTDVtN8UfocSzLuN7d7ZG4BLmWKtrBX0dDvmmZIk8FR9tknb7JMvwzqKHflKLsPq-1WsDM_pt48QCMGKf8UT28tfiDe5_UsMxu5f9qgc12sCh1ktxzPI4_Nl3Zq2eKomOInfzcR975R28k8VdVNKL7aM_q5zptA0_vYUbAUxqwOlVczts6k2WtpXQI6-Bq9Rh0ybdSwSfcgXK4f_7TryvsJyWtvDTaZapkLHEF_O_gGqwby1vYG1GNAPxnvK5iSU3ugIarRmNjYB9ZpLyCnYgxUcWz2g57bhGLJf-HqtjNXDsBmSybnoPqqwnH3ZFcAzBRRL5Jywv7dEiqiTdp51IJfMFEdKBCILIsIv17iPfobILCb-HOnrSv-3vgv8ZUdZ_=w823-h617-no?authuser=0

and soon afterwards? won't ya know it?

The Browns GM's starting drafting studs such as Myles Garrett 👍

Well !  Cheers!    🥂   going out to a Cali kid I've never met !  NeXT comes... day's like today, when we re-sign some of the best in the NFL...

Joel's been a favorite player of mine since drafted.. When Shashi dug us to the dirt?    Joel Bitonio was my 1st STUD from that day forward ! and He ain't going anywhere ! :)

Congrats Big Joel Bitonio !

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

If our identity is going to be  a power running team first- with Chubb and Hunt, better make sure you have the horses up front to open holes for them.  FWIW, Based on the contracts Bitonio and Teller recently inked, the Colts stud guard Quenton Nelson is seriously underpaid. (only about $8 million this year)

will Hunt even be here next year ?

Bake and Ward are next.

And other than finding at DT to replace Jackson and either replacing or re-signing Walker and Clowney, I don't see a lot of holes next year, assuming we draft a WR.

Nojoku on his last year too, I hope we can keep him as well.

Z

3 hours ago, ATOM said:

will Hunt even be here next year ?

Well, according to Sportrac.. Hunt is under contract in 2022 for $6 million. Yeah, I'd say he's going to be here next year. 

Unless you think the Browns will go the bargain basement route and offer Johnson a couple million a year to stick around.  :)  

17 hours ago, D Bone said:

What an awesome series of events that was @gumby73. That was such a cool letter, and an even cooler thing you did!

Also, nice call on Joel and I'm glad we locked him up. 

A small gift, that might have broken a 20 year curse... 👻   things sure have changed.. Go Browns !

8 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

A small gift, that might have broken a 20 year curse... 👻   things sure have changed.. Go Browns !

Yeah... Most people usually can't wait to leave Cleveland.

19 hours ago, hoorta said:

Well, according to Sportrac.. Hunt is under contract in 2022 for $6 million. Yeah, I'd say he's going to be here next year. 

Unless you think the Browns will go the bargain basement route and offer Johnson a couple million a year to stick around.  :)  

oh cool i thought this was his last year under contract

I don't think Hunt wants the added pressures that comes as a RB1 again ? was it the added stress/lo'cal/body bangs cracking him up once? (maybe)..

for what KH brings? He's happy..He's Home & still paid on a fair deal...

Felton...imho... needs more game day snaps... Coy or not... I've seen nothing on the all 22's that says they can cover this rook..let him NFL grow Stef

1 hour ago, SdBacker80 said:

Maybe DJ wants a shot somewhere?

Regarding Felton I don’t see a RB.  Not in our scheme and not at this level yet.  Give him a couple gadget Run plays and you use play design to try to isolate him in the slot against a LB/S. 

i see felton as a possible replacement for landry

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, ATOM said:

i see felton as a possible replacement for landry

I was going to disagree with this... but...after thinking about it and looking it up, Felton actually had a slightly faster 40 time than Jarvis at the combine. I thought Landry would have been a good bit faster. So, I agree with that.

• Thanks 1

have not seen enough of Felton's blocking assignments..

have not seen (or coaches trusting?) Felton in any type of pass pro assignment.. 

72 total offensive snaps/149 ST... 13 of 14 in catching targets from both positions..

While Felton’s intrigue derives from his versatility, some front offices likely soured on him given his below-average athletic testing.

At UCLA’s pro day, Felton ran the 40-yard dash in a disappointing 4.59 seconds (1.62-second 10-yard split), the 3-cone drill in 7.31 seconds, and the short shuttle in 4.5 seconds. He also delivered a subpar 31.5-inch vertical. Considering his meager size — 5-foot-9 and 189 pounds — Felton’s composite athletic profile rates among the very worst of both running backs and wide receivers.

But while athletic profiles hold increasing value in the NFL, Felton can overcome his shortcomings with skill and the ability to stay on the field in myriad roles. That, ultimately, mattered the most to his draft stock.  (Fits the Felton I've seen)

EDit-- Felton in the least was not my draft bother... The drafting A. Schwartz was my bother.. the board was loaded..

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

I was going to disagree with this... but...after thinking about it and looking it up, Felton actually had a slightly faster 40 time than Jarvis at the combine. I thought Landry would have been a good bit faster. So, I agree with that.

Correct ^^^^

Here's Juice's 'comparing the same' Pro day speed dials..

Pro Day Date: 4/9/2014
40 Yard Dash: 4.61 seconds
40 Yard (MPH): 17.75 (MPH)
20 Yard Split: 2.69 seconds
10 Yard Split: 1.58 seconds
Bench Press: (N/A) reps (225 lb)
Vertical Leap: 31.5 inches
Height: 71.5 inches
Weight: 205 lbs
Broad Jump: 113 inches
Hand Size: 10.25 inches
Arm Length: 31.75 inches
20 Yd Shuttle: 4.59 seconds
Three Cone: 7.56 seconds

Both 40's/3 cone drill times should bother some ? 

Joel Bitonio won't mind skipping his combine numbers 🤓

2 hours ago, Zombo said:

I like Felton. But he's a role player... he's no Jarvis Landry.

Z

I feel the same way. I wonder how certain players will perform once the spotlights switches to them. 

Great resigning of Bitonio. OL is a mandatory continous investment for this offensive system. 

3 hours ago, Nero said:

I feel the same way. I wonder how certain players will perform once the spotlights switches to them. 

Great resigning of Bitonio. OL is a mandatory continous investment for this offensive system. 

Yeah.. Jervis reminds me of Cris Carter the way he catches the football and runs crsip routs.