THE BROWNS BOARD

Chiefs get rid of their OC two weeks before the season?

Guest Masters

Guest Masters

Wow. Not exactly what you'd normally like to do 2 weeks before your season starts.

KANSAS CITY, MO.(AP) —The Kansas City Chiefs have fired Chan Gailey as offensive coordinator.

The Chiefs said head coach Todd Haley would address Gailey’s status with the team after Monday’s practice.

The Chiefs had retained Gailey when Haley was hired in the offseason.

The team is heading into the 2009 season with big questions about its offensive line, and the health of quarterback Matt Cassel(notes). Cassel was injured in Saturday’s preseason loss to Seattle.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AqIF...t&type=lgns

Wow. Not exactly what you'd normally like to do 2 weeks before your season starts.

KANSAS CITY, MO.(AP) —The Kansas City Chiefs have fired Chan Gailey as offensive coordinator.

The Chiefs said head coach Todd Haley would address Gailey’s status with the team after Monday’s practice.

The Chiefs had retained Gailey when Haley was hired in the offseason.

The team is heading into the 2009 season with big questions about its offensive line, and the health of quarterback Matt Cassel(notes). Cassel was injured in Saturday’s preseason loss to Seattle.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AqIF...t&type=lgns

wow this team is even more of a mess than i ever tought they could be. look for them to contend for the first pick in next year's draft

Guest Masters
WOW watching Denver and Kansas City makes you realize that of the candidates being considered for the job at least, this time Lerner made the right choice.

Time will tell. But both DEN and KC seem to be bigger messes now than they were before those guys took the jobs.

Understand. I am NOT SAYING that he made a great choice in Mangini for sure. or that a better coaching candidate wasn't out there. But when you look back the main names seemed to be Pioli, McDaniels, or Mangini.

Of those three which would you want now?

i know and i also agree with you. i personally feel that jim haslet would have been a better fit. he had a better record and more success in the playoffs. however now looking at what mangini is doing, he seems to be the right guy... or now.

Guest Aloysius

Haley's basically his own OC, so it shouldn't affect them too much.

To be honest, I'm not sure why they kept Gailey in the first place. As I recall, there were reports back in January/February that people in the league thought Haley & Gailey were too strong-willed to coexist.

There are players I did not want to choose high in my fantasy draft because I felt their offense would struggle, and that is why I did not take anyone from DEN or KC in my 3 drafts.

Now I did trade Larry Johnson for Brandon Marshall, but in that league I have 3 stud RBs, plus Jennings, Colston and Roy Williams @ WR, plus Braylon, so I figured WTF I'll take Marhsall.

Damn if we played in the AFC West, it would help our development.....LOL

Man if SD doesn't sweep I'd be very surprised.

As messed up as Den and KC seem, Oakland takes the cake. I didn't see the game, but Tom Flores said something like "The Saints couldn't play pitch and catch against air this well, the way they're shreading the Oak D." Ouch!!

KC may be going for the first pick in the draft.. Go get a QB.. other than BOWE who can't quite defeat the double teams yet... or get out of the chow line...they have no one to throw the ball to. They actually brought in that old dinasaur from NY Amani Toomer.. guys 64 years old and better than the young guys they have... not too promising.. If I'm Matt Cassel I'm a little pissed they did not do more for me in the offseason

Favre's fine. I never buy into that guy actually being hurt to where he can't play.

Probably because it has never happened.

Both Childress and Mangini know that both Favre & Quinn will be starting opening day. So when I say both coaches are playing their own version of the little "keep 'em guessing" game, please understand that I think (and have written on several occasions) both coaches are too smart to actually believe in "the game."

Oh and as for the state of the AFC west, I have a buddy who is a Donkey fan and while I love watching him suffer with every case of misfortune that blows through Denver like a blizzard, I'm just glad he got into P.A. school this summer. That's how bad their off-season was.

p.s.

Here's our text exchange from today:

me: So be honest, were you rooting for Cutler & the Bears last night, or the Donkey's?

Him:You know what... u can go F yourself! I am gonna cry. This season is going to be rough. Maybe we can get D. Anderson. I am gonna cry.

Archived