THE BROWNS BOARD

Myles Garrett takes dig at Browns coaches after getting crushed by Patriots

Vambo

https://nypost.com/2021/11/15/myles-garrett-takes-dig-at-browns-coaches-after-patriots-rout/

November 15, 2021 3:02pm

After the Patriots racked up 45 unanswered points against the Cleveland Browns on Sunday, defensive end Myles Garrett said that he didn’t think the Browns countered like they were supposed to — taking a jab at defensive coordinator Joe Woods and the rest of the coaching staff.

In four of their five losses this season, the Browns have allowed opponents to score 33 points or more.

“We’ve got to go back to the drawing board and see how we can get better, see how we can scheme better, see how we can make adjustments on the fly,” Garrett said in his postgame press conference. “We never had a chance just because we didn’t make any adjustments on the sideline or when we had time to.”...

Running back Rhamondre Stevenson, drafted in this year’s fourth round out of Oklahoma, had the first 100-yard rushing game of his NFL career. Garrett, who finished with one tackle and sack, said that New England was “max protecting” and kept trying to attack the middle of the field, something that the Cleveland defense didn’t have an answer for. 

“I think we didn’t counter like we are supposed to,” Garrett said. “We didn’t stop the bleeding and they kept attacking where we were deficient.” 

Well It's obvious... Joe Woods is a total DULLARD! from the Fritz Pollard scrap heap of shit coaches... You don't need qualification anymore.. just the right skin color..

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nickers said:

Well It's obvious... Joe Woods is a total DULLARD! from the Fritz Pollard scrap heap of shit coaches... You don't need qualification anymore.. just the right skin color..

It's interesting that you never brought up other Browns coaching luminaries skin color with Pat Shurmur and Freddie Kitchens.

Pat Shurmur, in fact, somehow convinced another NFL team to give him a head coaching gig after he did such a stellar job in Cleveland.

• Haha 1

I'm glad he said it-watching that game was infuriating to see no adjustments made. I get it, you can't pull a rabbit out of your hat and make weaknesses disappear. But Jesus, a rookie QB going 6-6 on third down with two 90+ yard drives (to include a 99 yard drive) is downright an abysmal, and scheme related. 

Woods coming out in a dime shell on the one yard line with the Pats in an obvious 22 personnel look says all you need to know. I don't get why, but he doesn't trust the talent that I feel this unit has, and have shown they have. The Bengals game was an elite performance because they blitzed, played man or press, and had Burrow guessing. This game against the rookie? Bail coverage and shell looks with your OLB back in the lineup. I just don't get it, and neither does Woods.

• Upvote 2

I  believe most folks watching the game saw it.

So....Woods has finally admitted that  the secondary plays better man to man, than

a zone.

Freakin really???  It took him THIS LONG?????

He seems so set in his ways, he can't adapt and gets overcome.

The coaching staff will learn, but the playoffs seem to be "not this year".

BTW, seems to me, that the Browns coaches have a great game, so they keep what

worked.

Meanwhile, the next team sees that, and works to undermine what the Browns are doing. and

the Browns do the same thing.

so...big win over the vikings.......big loss to the chargers.

Big loss to Arizona. Important win over Denver.

offense loses the squealer game. Huge win over Cincy.

then....debacle vs the patriots.

Seems that it's true. The Browns have success, but don't realize the same things they do,

are planned by defenses to stop them the next week.

and/or, the same things the Browns defensive coaches planned that worked so well...

same things, but the next offense sees it and changes things up.

and they catch the Browns not being versatile week to week.

Myles should not have said that publicly.  Unless he's been saying that all season and nobody in the building has been listening.  But even then, you're not supposed to air that through the media.  (maybe he'll be a coach someday)

• Upvote 1

Too busy…depressed (about the Browns)…lazy and thinking about Thanksgiving.  What is the local media saying about Joe Woods and some of guys spouting off on coaching.

Seat has to be warm on Joe Woods…I would imagine.

I’m confused…The Bengals have scary talent on the perimeter and we just man up JaMar Chase like he’s jamarcus Bradley and bring our slot corner off the edge to the tune of 3 sacks  

On 11/15/2021 at 8:47 PM, Dutch Oven said:

It's interesting that you never brought up other Browns coaching luminaries skin color with Pat Shurmur and Freddie Kitchens.

Pat Shurmur, in fact, somehow convinced another NFL team to give him a head coaching gig after he did such a stellar job in Cleveland.

Not only did Murmur fail in his next HC gig, he's still the offensive coordinator of the Broncos if you missed it when we played them.  Some of these guys just keep getting recycled.  

On 11/16/2021 at 7:47 PM, Orion said:

Myles should not have said that publicly.  Unless he's been saying that all season and nobody in the building has been listening.  But even then, you're not supposed to air that through the media.  (maybe he'll be a coach someday)

Myles maybe shouldn't have gone on the record about that- but it's true.  The Browns gave up at least four 80+ yard drives... To a rookie QB.  Even the lousy Falcons held New England to three points in the first quarter.  

A few more defensive stinkos like the Patriots game and Woods is gonzo.   

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, hoorta said:

Yeah, I can't see there being a chance in hell, unless things change drastically, that Joe Woods returns.

Injuries have submarined this season to a point, but there's some problems with this team and missing the playoffs is going to cause changes to happen.

7 hours ago, hoorta said:

Not only did Murmur fail in his next HC gig, he's still the offensive coordinator of the Broncos if you missed it when we played them.  Some of these guys just keep getting recycled.  

Myles maybe shouldn't have gone on the record about that- but it's true.  The Browns gave up at least four 80+ yard drives... To a rookie QB.  Even the lousy Falcons held New England to three points in the first quarter.  

I presume, since we barely outscored the Falcons, that our offensive coaches will be gone then as well? 

• Haha 1

On 11/16/2021 at 7:47 PM, Orion said:

Interesting.  Who knows what's going on at the facility; but I agree with you about Myles (as a defensive captain) should have done this in private with Woods.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1