THE BROWNS BOARD

★ NFL WEEK 11 ★ Moving on... Detroit NOW +12½ at CLEVELAND, *FOX at 1 Gus Johnson, *LaVar Arrington. 

mjp28

★ NFL WEEK 11 ★ News and notes. Moving on. Detroit +10 at CLEVELAND on FOX at 1 pm with Gus  Johnson, Aqib Talib. ....... Wednesday revised to Johnson and Arrington after flex scheduling changes,  506sports.

In the AFCN this week  Baltimore  -6 at Chicago at 1,  Cincinnati -1 at Las Vegas at 4.  And on SNF Pittsburgh +5 at the LAC.

And to kick it off:

NATIONAL BROADCASTS.... Friday pm and yes Detroit is now +12½ some at +13 in Cleveland !

• Thursday Night: New England @ Atlanta (FOX/NFLN)
  • Sunday Night: Pittsburgh @ LA Chargers (NBC)
  • Monday Night: NY Giants @ Tampa Bay (ESPN)

FOX Early games.

Screenshot_2021-11-17_140358.jpg

NFL early injury report Tuesday November 16 let's get ready......

PLAYER POSITION UPDATED INJURY INJURY STATUS
Greedy Williams CB Mon, Nov 15 Shoulder Questionable for Week 11 vs. Detroit
A.J. Green CB Mon, Nov 15 Concussion Questionable for Week 11 vs. Detroit
Takkarist McKinley DE Mon, Nov 15 Groin Questionable for Week 11 vs. Detroit
Lawrence Cager WR Sun, Nov 14 Illness Out for Week 11 vs. Detroit. Expected Return - Week 11
Nick Harris C Sun, Nov 14 Undisclosed IR. Reserve - COVID-19
Anthony Schwartz WR Sun, Nov 14 Concussion Questionable for Week 11 vs. Detroit
Troy Hill CB Sun, Nov 14 Neck Questionable for Week 11 vs. Detroit
Baker Mayfield QB Sun, Nov 14 Knee Questionable for Week 11 vs. Detroit
Demetric Felton RB Fri, Nov 12 Illness IR. Reserve - COVID-19
John Kelly RB Fri, Nov 12 Illness IR. Reserve - COVID-19
Nick Chubb RB Fri, Nov 12 Illness IR. Reserve - COVID-19
Kareem Hunt RB Wed, Nov 10 Calf IR. Injured Reserve. Expected Return - Week 11
Jack Conklin OT Sat, Nov 6 Elbow IR. Injured Reserve. Expected Return - Week 12
Chris Hubbard OT Tue, Oct 12 Triceps IR. Injured Reserve
Drew Forbes OG Sat, Sep 4 Knee IR. Injured Reserve
Jacob Phillips LB Wed, Sep 1 Biceps IR. Injured Reserve
Montrel Meander LB Tue, Aug 24 Achilles IR. Injured Reserve
Ryan Switzer WR Tue, Aug 17 Foot IR. Injured Reserve
Stephen Carlson TE Mon, Aug 16 Knee IR. Injured Reserve

And Detroit's early injury report.....

PLAYER POSITION UPDATED INJURY INJURY STATUS
Jamaal Williams RB Mon, Nov 15 Thigh Questionable for Week 11 at Cleveland
Austin Bryant LB Mon, Nov 15 Shoulder Questionable for Week 11 at Cleveland
Jared Goff QB Mon, Nov 15 Oblique Questionable for Week 11 at Cleveland
Jerry Jacobs CB Sun, Nov 14 Groin Questionable for Week 11 at Cleveland
Corey Ballentine DB Sun, Nov 14 Hamstring IR. Injured Reserve. Expected Return - Week 11
Matt Nelson OT Sun, Nov 14 Ankle Questionable for Week 11 at Cleveland
Ifeatu Melifonwu CB Sun, Nov 14 Thigh IR. Injured Reserve. Expected Return - Week 11
Mike Warren RB Sun, Nov 14 Undisclosed Questionable for Week 11 at Cleveland
Jermar Jefferson RB Sun, Nov 14 Ankle Questionable for Week 11 at Cleveland
Trey Flowers OLB Sun, Nov 14 Knee Questionable for Week 11 at Cleveland
Tracy Walker FS Sun, Nov 14 Concussion Questionable for Week 11 at Cleveland
Tim Boyle QB Sun, Nov 14 Thumb IR. Injured Reserve. Expected Return - Week 11
Austin Seibert K Sat, Nov 13 Hip IR. Injured Reserve. Expected Return - Week 13
Jashon Cornell DT Wed, Nov 10 Illness NFI-R for Week 11 at Cleveland
Logan Stenberg OG Wed, Oct 27 Undisclosed IR. Injured Reserve. Expected Return - Week 12
Quintez Cephus WR Wed, Oct 13 Collarbone IR. Injured Reserve
Frank Ragnow C Wed, Oct 13 Toe IR. Injured Reserve
Romeo Okwara LB Tue, Oct 5 Achilles IR. Injured Reserve
Jeff Okudah CB Mon, Sep 13 Achilles IR. Injured Reserve
Hunter Bryant TE Wed, Aug 18 Undisclosed NFI-R for Week 11 at Cleveland
Charlie Taumoepeau TE Tue, Aug 17 Neck NFI-R for Week 11 at Cleveland
Shaun Dion Hamilton LB Tue, Aug 17 Undisclosed IR. Injured Reserve
Joel Heath DE Wed, Jul 28 Knee - ACL IR. Injured Reserve

Tough game and they are going to play 17 now and talking about 18 games ?  Better expand the rosters.

And NO mention of covid on Detroit's report,  hmmm.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Might be all over that CHI line depending on injury report.

Remember, the Browns have historically played like crap against the Lions. If I was a betting person, I'd be taking Detroit to cover. Tied the Steelers, and the Ratbirds needed an NFL record 66 yard FG to beat them. 

3 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

Aqib Talib was not a name I was expecting to see on the broadcast booth-has he been doing this for a while and I just missed it?

September 10, 2020 04:44 PM
Aqib Talib: Announces retirement
by RotoWire Staff | RotoWire

Talib announced his decision to retire from the NFL via his personal Twitter account Wednesday.

Talib suited up for five contests with the Rams in 2019 before suffering broken ribs and being traded to Miami for salary relief. The five-time Pro Bowler will be best remembered for his outstanding play in Denver as part of the "No Fly Zone," where he suited up from 2014 to 2017 and played a key role in winning Super Bowl 50. His 2013 performance in New England also earned Pro Bowl and second-team All-Pro honors

22 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Remember, the Browns have historically played like crap against the Lions. If I was a betting person, I'd be taking Detroit to cover. Tied the Steelers, and the Ratbirds needed an NFL record 66 yard FG to beat them. 

DET has struggled all season against teams that can get + early down yards with the running game and maintain offensive balance.  Have to remember their top CB is out for the season.  

Ultimately DET and CLE are such volatile teams that it's best to avoid them. But especially when they play each other. 

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

DET has struggled all season against teams that can get + early down yards with the running game and maintain offensive balance.  Have to remember their top CB is out for the season.  

Ultimately DET and CLE are such volatile teams that it's best to avoid them. But especially when they play each other. 

Betting wise.. I wouldnt touch this game with a 10ft pole... It's one of those games where a big play changes the outcome for either side.. Too many variables...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

From some stats that I've run across:

**Under: Houston at Tennessee – Houston is averaging 10 points in its last seven games, while Tennessee’s firepower is down minus Derrick Henry and possibly Julio Jones.
Under: Detroit at Cleveland – Jared Goff and Baker Mayfield are two of the more disappointing QB’s and they won’t be helped by heavy wind being in the forecast.
Under: Green Bay at Minnesota – No injured Aaron Jones, but the Packers have held their last seven foes to 22 or fewer points.......... it's not all Aaron Rodgers  -but-. he is back in an NFCN game.

Detroit at Cleveland – The Lions stomped the Browns, 38-24, at home in 2017.  Not much recent history there.

CHANGE IN PROGRAMMING !  Before the Wednesday flex scheduling and maps were out I copied and pasted what they had at the time even with Johnson and Talib.

Just checked again now and it shows FOX early. Johnson and Arrington.....see the screenshot.

Screenshot_2021-11-17_140358.jpg

17 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

From some stats that I've run across:

**Under: Houston at Tennessee – Houston is averaging 10 points in its last seven games, while Tennessee’s firepower is down minus Derrick Henry and possibly Julio Jones.
Under: Detroit at Cleveland – Jared Goff and Baker Mayfield are two of the more disappointing QB’s and they won’t be helped by heavy wind being in the forecast.
Under: Green Bay at Minnesota – No injured Aaron Jones, but the Packers have held their last seven foes to 22 or fewer points.......... it's not all Aaron Rodgers  -but-. he is back in an NFCN game.

Detroit at Cleveland – The Lions stomped the Browns, 38-24, at home in 2017.  Not much recent history there.

I haven't checked the under lines, but I'm cautious at the under with GB and MIN because Nobody has really exposed the Vikings corners yet like Rodgers is capable of.  And Minnesota is balanced enough at home to put up some points.  

Doesn't hurt that AJ Dillon looks more than capable of replacing Aaron Jones.

Under for HOU-TEN and the Brownies might be a solid play. 

Just to complete the changes 506sports did say that the maps would not be out until the flex scheduling was done.  HOWEVER they did have the announcers printed out.    See and for complete college 🏈 football too.     https://506sports.com

Why it now reads like this I have no idea especially after the good initial reviews for Johnson and Talib.  Typo ???

Stay tuned for whatever.

Oh and the CBS Early games.

Screenshot_2021-11-17_141501.jpg

I think our starting QB is one beat up guy. Good thing it's only Detroit in 4 days.

From FOX SPORTS.......       https://www.foxnews.com/sports/browns-baker-mayfield-suffering-multiple-injuries-most-beat-up-been

The Athletic reported that Mayfield was limping while walking from the team’s facility to the media session. The Browns quarterback called himself "pretty sore" when he began talking to reporters.

"I’ll be good," Mayfield reiterated. ....... continued.......

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

I think our starting QB is one beat up guy. Good thing it's only Detroit in 4 days.

From FOX SPORTS.......       https://www.foxnews.com/sports/browns-baker-mayfield-suffering-multiple-injuries-most-beat-up-been

The Athletic reported that Mayfield was limping while walking from the team’s facility to the media session. The Browns quarterback called himself "pretty sore" when he began talking to reporters.

"I’ll be good," Mayfield reiterated. ....... continued.......

Should we post that Monte Python Meme again?  I think I will. I'm fine, it's just a scratch.  :D     Oh, and Goff may not play? What's our record against first time QBs?  (Hint- it sucks)  

Leg Hat Gesture

• Haha 2

Browns Star Out for Personal Reasons After Clash With Coaches

https://heavy.com/sports/cleveland-browns/myles-garrett-personal-reasons-coach-clash/?fbclid=IwAR1CdZ0WFW2VPscpvbYZsvlShYt-0_BHjvRRYghVco_jzvs-wPooE3hUsRA

Myles Garrett missed practice for personal reasons on Wednesday after making some disparaging comments about the coaching staff following the Cleveland Browns blowout loss to the Patriots on Sunday.

The Browns defensive unit as a whole was frustrated after being gashed by rookie quarterback Mac Jones and the rest of the New England offense, giving up points at will in the loss. The comments from Garrett in his postgame press conference appeared to be aimed at Joe Woods, who has been criticized by Browns fans over his two-year tenure for not being able to adjust in real time.

On 11/17/2021 at 11:50 AM, hoorta said:

My Dad, RIP, told me back when I was a little kid somewhere around 1970...."root for the Browns and anybody else but the Lions, Rams, & NY Giants." 

NFC Detroit is like our AFC Denver. Only time I ever root for the Lions, it's Thanksgiving. Best turkey I ever had was 1983......Steelers Overstuffed

Anybody remember the Browns-Lions game when the Browns got called for pass interference on a Hail Mary by Stafford? I swear that's the only time I've ever seen that called....yep, vs the Browns.

Oh yes the NFL Thanksgiving Day football games are an American tradition.

The Detroit Lions' all-time record on Thanksgiving Day is 37-42-2.

From 1951-1963 it was only the Green Bay Packers and the Detroit Lions.  

In honor of the most American of holidays, let’s take a quick look back at the times the NFL allowed the Browns take part in the annual tradition.

1966: Dallas Cowboys 26, Browns 14.  (I double checked this is it.) For game notes see link. https://dawgpounddaily.com/2017/11/23/cleveland-browns-thanksgiving-infrequent

1982: Cowboys 31, Browns 14. 

1989: Detroit Lions 13, Browns 10

The third, and to this date final, time the Browns played on Thanksgiving came in head coach Bud Carson’s first season with the team.

Cleveland was just four days removed from a 10-10 with the Kansas City Chiefs, a game that marked the return of head coach Marty Schottenheimer to Cleveland and still the hardest-hitting Browns game we have ever seen.

The Browns were still feeling the impact of that game and it showed as they dropped a 13-10 decision to a Detroit team that entered the game at 2-9.   

It has been 28 years since the last time the Browns played on Thanksgiving, and the way things are going it might be another 28 before they make it back.   From FANSIDED 3 years ago, I also checked with the NFL HOF site.

Well WEEK 11 is an important game for the BROWNS to win.

But let's look ahead to WEEK 12 an all AFCN matchup between  PIT at CIN at 1 pm  -and-  CLE at BAL  on SNF. 

A good Sunday of football 🏈 to enjoy.

Screenshot_2021-11-18_143730.jpg

Another casual observation - one of the things that makes the NE offense so good is their committment to setting, then staying ahead of trends. 

The modern NFL has gotten smaller and faster on defense to combat all the 11 and 10 personnel looks.  Meanwhile you have the Pats leading the league in 21 and 22 personnel quite a damn bit. They're coming downhill and testing your smaller linebackers and safeties. 

Reminds me of an offense like Wisconsins for so long and while they remained so effective.  While defenses were getting faster in college, downhill backs from their system thrived. 

On our little pickem tonight on TNF it's  NE  17-6--6  the masses going with Belichick.   Surprised ?

Oh it's NE -7  and the o/u is about 47.

I'm on ATL +7 and maybe a little bit on over 47.

And it's  NE 10-0 1st and ATL just blew it....... well 10-3 maybe.  Uh  NO GOOD ?

6 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

On our little pickem tonight on TNF it's  NE  17-6--6  the masses going with Belichick.   Surprised ?

Oh it's NE -7  and the o/u is about 47.

I'm on ATL +7 and maybe a little bit on over 47.

And it's  NE 10-0 1st and ATL just blew it....... well 10-3 maybe.  Uh  NO GOOD ?

Took NE at -6.5 when the line opened and under 48.

9 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Took NE at -6.5 when the line opened and under 48.

Matt Ryan is getting buried....no time to get set.   Mac Jones is looking good.