THE BROWNS BOARD

★ NFL WEEK 11 ★ Moving on... Detroit NOW +12½ at CLEVELAND, *FOX at 1 Gus Johnson, *LaVar Arrington. 

mjp28

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

It's disgusting how good the rookie is fundamentally along with his advanced pocket mechanics.    

I've been busy with emails and turned off the sound....... besides...... the fail-cons look done.

NE 16-0 only a miracle can save Atlanta now,  not even Rhett Butler can help.  :lol:

10 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Took NE at -6.5 when the line opened and under 48.

Excellent parlay.

10 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

It's disgusting how good the rookie is fundamentally along with his advanced pocket mechanics.    

Well trained at Bama. There is a good reason they won a natty with Jones where he set a season NCAA record for completion rate @ 77.4% with 41 TDs and only 4 ints. He also set the NCAA record for passer rating @ 203.1 that same year.

14 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Excellent parlay.

Well trained at Bama. There is a good reason they won a natty with Jones where he set a season NCAA record for completion rate @ 77.4% with 41 TDs and only 4 ints. He also set the NCAA record for passer rating @ 203.1 that same year.

Yeah, those records are falling every year with the advent of RPO, tempo, space and a longer schedule.  That shit doesn't mean quite what it used too.   Not saying it isn't impressive, but the things Mac displays from within the IOL of the pocket are what Burrow did at LSU. Things Murray, Baker, Lamar, Allen, Wilson, etc etc never showed and aren't elite at yet. 

His grasp of a complex Patriots offense is impressive.  Right now he's a better passer than Cam was for that team and Cam was a 10 year vet.

2 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Yeah, those records are falling every year with the advent of RPO, tempo, space and a longer schedule.  That shit doesn't mean quite what it used too.   Not saying it isn't impressive, but the things Mac displays from within the IOL of the pocket are what Burrow did at LSU. Things Murray, Baker, Lamar, Allen, Wilson, etc etc never showed and aren't elite at yet. 

His grasp of a complex Patriots offense is impressive.  Right now he's a better passer than Cam was for that team and Cam was a 10 year vet.

He's a really bright guy that absorbs everything very quickly. No surprise there. NE had to be elated he fell to BB.

38 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

It's time to ring the alarm bells for Wills. 

Get back to me about this time next year.  In which case, it's possible he supplants Bito in 2 years at guard a cheaper rate (provided he can pull a bito and kick inside) 

Midway through his 2nd year with a high ankle after transitioning to LT.   Not giving me alarms.... yet.

Edit: what article or video did you find which precipitated your comment ? 

The big NFL injury report news Mr Chubb is off of the covid-19 list may be cleared to play...... we'll see.  The Friday morning list:

Lions
Player Position Injuries Practice Status Game Status
Jerry Jacobs CB   Full Participation in Practice  
Austin Bryant LB   Full Participation in Practice  
Trey Flowers LB   Did Not Participate In Practice  
Matt Nelson T   Limited Participation in Practice  
Tracy Walker III S   Limited Participation in Practice  
Taylor Decker T   Did Not Participate In Practice  
Mark Gilbert CB   Did Not Participate In Practice  
Jermar Jefferson RB   Did Not Participate In Practice  
D'Andre Swift RB   Limited Participation in Practice  
Jamaal Williams RB   Limited Participation in Practice  
Jared Goff QB   Did Not Participate In Practice  

Browns
Player Position Injuries Practice Status Game Status
Malik Jackson DT   Limited Participation in Practice  
Jarvis Landry WR   Limited Participation in Practice  
Baker Mayfield QB   Limited Participation in Practice  
Donovan Peoples-Jones WR   Did Not Participate In Practice  
Jadeveon Clowney DE   Limited Participation in Practice  
Takkarist McKinley DE   Limited Participation in Practice  
A.J. Green CB   Did Not Participate In Practice  
Troy Hill CB   Did Not Participate In Practice  
Greedy Williams CB   Full Participation in Practice  
Blake Hance G   Full Participation in Practice  
Anthony Schwartz WR   Did Not Participate In Practice  
Myles Garrett DE   Full Participation in Practice  
JC Tretter C   Did Not Participate In Practice

On 11/17/2021 at 1:47 PM, mjp28 said:

From some stats that I've run across:

**Under: Houston at Tennessee – Houston is averaging 10 points in its last seven games, while Tennessee’s firepower is down minus Derrick Henry and possibly Julio Jones.
Under: Detroit at Cleveland – Jared Goff and Baker Mayfield are two of the more disappointing QB’s and they won’t be helped by heavy wind being in the forecast.
Under: Green Bay at Minnesota – No injured Aaron Jones, but the Packers have held their last seven foes to 22 or fewer points.......... it's not all Aaron Rodgers  -but-. he is back in an NFCN game.

Detroit at Cleveland – The Lions stomped the Browns, 38-24, at home in 2017.  Not much recent history there.

I wonder how these and other games play out this weekend with the injury list and weather ?

The BROWNS certainly fall in that category.

#Browns injury report for Sunday.

Rumors read...
Greg Newsome moves to inside slot.. Greedy to play outside opposite of D.Ward.. DPJ was limited at practice today .. 

17 hours ago, mjp28 said:

I've been busy with emails and turned off the sound....... besides...... the fail-cons look done.

NE 16-0 only a miracle can save Atlanta now,  not even Rhett Butler can help.  :lol:

i couldnt log into my betting account last night was gonna bet the pats so during the game i was like c'mon falcons prove me wrong 

On 11/17/2021 at 11:50 AM, hoorta said:

Remember, the Browns have historically played like crap against the Lions. If I was a betting person, I'd be taking Detroit to cover. Tied the Steelers, and the Ratbirds needed an NFL record 66 yard FG to beat them. 

Browns will destroy the Lions, like they did Cinci.

I see where Detroit is moving up in the world well to DET +12½ some places up to +13.   https://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/?s=681

And Pittsburgh is going up too from PIT +3 to +5½  or +6.  

Screenshot_2021-11-20_211217.jpg

With Schwartz out....let's say DPJ doesn't play (he's questionable with the groin again).....we'd have Landry as #1 (and he's gimpy), Higgins as #2, Felton as #3 and Ja'Marcus Bradley as the #4 wr.  That's a pretty thin lineup.  

Let's see if Kadrell Hodge outperforms Higgins in the game.  

Obviously, If I'm the Detroit coach, I'm looking to stop the run and have Baker and those receivers try and beat me.

Goff won't play tomorrow due to an oblique injury - so the opposing quarterback won Britain's Got Talent.  No, that was Susan Boyle and this is Tim Boyle. 

Packers cut Kizer to keep him as their #2 a couple seasons ago.  Big arm but INT-prone in college.. I liked this guy when he was named Spergon Wynn.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

Goff won't play tomorrow due to an oblique injury - so the opposing quarterback won Britain's Got Talent.  No, that was Susan Boyle and this is Tim Boyle. 

Packers cut Kizer to keep him as their #2 a couple seasons ago.  Big arm but INT-prone in college.. I liked this guy when he was named Spergon Wynn.

Bad news is we've been historically bad against QB's like this guy in the past couple years. 

Goff looked so bad against the Steelers... This is probably an upgrade for the Lions...

This game means a lot to the Cleveland BROWNS so I went digging deeper online for some additional stats on the game.   Detroit would love to have a win too anywhere anyway.

From our friends at Vegasinsider.com available free online.  https://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/

DETROIT LIONS BETTING ANALYSIS

Straight Up - SU, Against the Spread - ATS, Over-Under (O/U)

• SU: 0-8-1
  • ATS: 5-4
  • O/U: 3-6
  • ATS - Home: 2-2
  • ATS - Away: 3-2

Jared Goff is doubtful to play this week with an oblique injury. That would make either Tim Boyle or David Blough the starter on Sunday. Boyle has yet to throw a pass this season and has been on injured reserve with a thumb injury. He only threw four passes during his time in Green Bay, but he is expected to start over the more experienced Blough.

Detroit would love to lean on the ground game this week. However, Jermar Jefferson is out, and Jamaal Williams is listed as questionable. D’Andre Swift should receive the bulk of the carries, but he is averaging just 3.4 YPC.

Swift and T.J. Hockenson are the top two receivers on the Lions. The receivers are improving though as Kalif Raymond and Amon-Ra St. Brown have looked better with more experience.

It looks like the Lions will be without Trey Flowers and Tracy Walker III this week. Detroit’s defense looked better last week against Pittsburgh though, and the front seven had success slowing down the Steelers’ ground game. They will need to do the same thing this week to stay within the number against Cleveland.

CLEVELAND BROWNS BETTING ANALYSIS

Straight Up - SU, Against the Spread - ATS, Over-Under (O/U)

• SU: 5-5
  • ATS: 5-5
  • O/U: 6-4
  • ATS - Home: 2-3
  • ATS - Away: 3-2

Mayfield has not had a great season under center for Cleveland. Mayfield has dealt with a few different injuries, limiting his production despite the presence of one of the best ground games in the NFL. He was awful last week against New England, and he hasn’t thrown for at least 240 yards in a game since October 10.

Mayfield might not have Donovan Peoples-Jones available this week due to a groin injury, and Jarvis Landryhasn’t been the difference maker we have seem in the past. Anthony Schwartz is out too, so we could see a lot more targets to Austin Hooper and David Njoku.

This ground game should be more productive with the return of Chubb. Chubb has missed three games, but he is still one of the best running backs in the league with 721 yards and six touchdowns, averaging 6.0 YPC. D’Ernest Johnson will continue to see a steady dose of carries too with Kareem Hunt sidelined.

Cleveland ranks sixth in total defense. The Browns are allowing just 323.9 YPG, as this front seven has been very good at stopping the run. They are surrendering 3.8 YPG and 94.7 YPG as Myles Garrett is looking to usurp Aaron Donald to become known as the best defensive lineman in the NFL.

INSIDE THE STATS - CLEVELAND BROWNS

• Record: 5-5
  • Division Standing: 4th - AFC North
  • Points Scored: 231
  • Points Allowed: 241
  • PS/G: 23.1 (18th)
  • PA/G: 24.1 (20th)

KEY PLAYERS TO WATCH

• DET: D'Andre Swift - RB (123 carries, 419 yards, 3 TD)
  • DET: T.J. Hockenson - TE (48 catches, 448 yards, 2 TD)
  • CLE: Nick Chubb - RB (120 carries, 721 yards, 6 TD)
  • CLE: Baker Mayfield - QB (161/246, 1,990 yards, 9 TD, 4 INT)

INSIDE THE STATS - DETROIT LIONS

• Record: 0-8-1
  • Division Standing: 4th - NFC North
  • Points Scored: 150
  • Points Allowed: 260
  • PS/G: 16.7 (29th)
  • PA/G: 28.9 (31st)

DETROIT LIONS VS. CLEVELAND BROWNS BETTING TRENDS

• Detroit has lost 12 of its last 14 games.
  • Detroit has covered the spread in three straight road games.
  • Detroit has gone UNDER the point total in six of its last seven games.

And another opinion on today's game from VI.

DETROIT LIONS VS. CLEVELAND BROWNS PREDICTIONS, ODDS, PICKS

Nov. 21, 2021
vilogoauthor.png
Jonathan Willis
VI Betting Expert
VegasInsider.com

SCORE PREDICTION   Browns 30, Lions 20

BEST BETS  Over

DETROIT LIONS VS. CLEVELAND BROWNS PREDICTIONS

It’s been a rough last month for the Cleveland Browns. Cleveland has gone 2-4 after winning three of its first four games. The Browns were blasted by both Arizona and New England, and they will look to move above .500 once more against the Detroit Lions this Sunday. Detroit nearly beat Pittsburgh to claim its first win of the season last week, but the Lions will find it much harder to win in Cleveland.

Cleveland is starting to get a little healthier. Nick Chubb was activated off the COVID list on Friday, and Baker Mayfield doesn’t have an injury designation going into this game. However, the Browns will still have some trouble putting away Detroit this week.

9 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

Goff won't play tomorrow  - so the opposing quarterback won Britain's Got Talent.  No, that was Susan Boyle and this is Tim Boyle.  🤣

Big arm but INT-prone in college.. I liked this guy when he was named Spergon Wynn.

Rukh.gif    GIF oz, dorothy, the wizard of oz, best animated GIFs tin man, wizard of oz, scarecrow, cowardly lion, free download

8 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

The Browns have to beat Detroit or I start working on my stupid NFL draft.....

When you have a chance to pay a special teams gunner / TE / H-back / 3rd string QB $40 million guaranteed, you pay that man!

Sean Payton, you have a call on the just-admit-you-made-a-mistake phone.  Taysom Hill is the running QB whose play deserves all the trash people assert/wish on Lamar Jackson..