THE BROWNS BOARD

Rod Hood Cut

Fooleeze

Lost in the bottom of this article I see that Rod Hood was cut yesterday or today. I'd just like to add that I'm 0% surprise by this. The Tennessee receivers made Hood look stupid. He was giving way too much cushion, and got burnt SEVERAL times. Hood looked terrible on Saturday night, and he was on the top of my 'cut' list.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp...tory?id=4434135

Mangini still not ready to name starterComment Email Print Share By James Walker

ESPN.com

BEREA, Ohio -- Despite Brady Quinn asserting himself and creating distance with a stellar preseason outing last weekend, the Cleveland Browns quarterback competition still hasn't been decided, according to coach Eric Mangini.

The Browns haven't named a starter for the preseason finale Thursday against the Chicago Bears, much less the season opener Sept. 13 against the Minnesota Vikings. Mangini says he wants to keep the quarterback competition ongoing between Quinn and Derek Anderson.

"We're going to go through the whole process," Mangini said bluntly Monday.

Rotating Quinn and Anderson in the regular season is not an option, Mangini added. Mangini's said in the past that once he makes his decision on the position he plans to stick to it.

In other Browns news, the team made a surprise cut by releasing veteran cornerback Rod Hood. Cleveland signed Hood in free agency after he was a solid contributor for the NFC champion Arizona Cardinals in 2008.

He must really have no wheels now.

He got outplayed by Ivy and Ivy hasn't played that well. Poteat can swing (CB & S), but I don't know if that's good or bad.

Francies isn't ready to step in and play but he can get there by mid year. The kid has potential. Brandon anderson hasn't played bad and Lockett and Lawson have had good camps. All outplayed Hood. As high as I was on his initial signing, he sure didn't take it to the field.

Lost in the bottom of this article I see that Rod Hood was cut yesterday or today. In other Browns news, the team made a surprise cut by releasing veteran cornerback Rod Hood. Cleveland signed Hood in free agency after he was a solid contributor for the NFC champion Arizona Cardinals in 2008.

DA made the guy look "All Milky Way" a couple years ago in Arizona. It was tough to shake that first impression until Tennessee did so.

- Tom F.

Archived