THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns activate RBs Nick Chubb, Demetric Felton from reserve/COVID-19 list

Canton Dawg

Good news!

https://www.nfl.com/news/browns-activate-rbs-nick-chubb-demetric-felton-from-reserve-covid-19-list

Nick Chubb will be back in action.

On Friday, the star running back was officially activated off the reserve/COVID-19 list, clearing him to play in Sunday's game against the winless Detroit Lions.

The club also activated pass-catching back Demetric Felton off the COVID-19 list. The two vaccinated RBs tested positive last week, forcing them to miss the Week 10 loss to the New England Patriots.

Reserve back John Kelly was activated on Thursday.

Getting Chubb back will be a big boon to the Browns' offense, which put up just seven points last week against New England sans the star.

Chubb is the motor of the Cleveland offense. D'Ernest Johnson filled in well, putting up 157 scrimmage yards -- the only Browns skill player with more than 26 yards on the day -- but it's a different offense with Chubb in the lineup.

The bulldozing back can hit a crease and turn a would-be 4-yard gain into a 30-yard gash. It's the type of big-play ability the Browns offense lacked last week after the opening drive of the game. The Browns are 1-2 this season in games Chubb has missed. Despite sitting out three games, the RB has still generated the third-most rushing yards in the NFL (721).

The Browns have averaged 154.1 rush yards per game this season (2nd in NFL). The Lions have allowed the third-most rush YPG this season (135.7) and given up 100-plus rush yards in seven out of nine games -- the Steelers had 145 rush yards against Detroit in Week 10.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

A rested Chubb and Felton should be a welcome injecton into this team... Now Kevvy needs to slap Joe Woods up the side of his noggen and tell him to quit using prevent as his base defense.. Prevent was never intended to be a base Defense.. Just ask the dead souls of George Allen who basically created it... And Bill Arnsparger who made a living with it... ..

3 hours ago, Orion said:

Yes, good news...but...the running game wasn't the problem last week without Chubb.  D'E did just fine.

Kevvy was the problem for abandoning the run too soon...

1 hour ago, nickers said:

Kevvy was the problem for abandoning the run too soon...

Okay......but I'd like to be ABLE to abandon the run.  If I want.  If need be.  I don't want my passing game to be effective ONLY if my running game is effective.  

• Upvote 1