THE BROWNS BOARD

when a win feels like a loss

ATOM

1 minute ago, tiamat63 said:

Judging from your grammar - I'd vote to say nothing. 

fuck my vodka drinking graamer eat shit

1 minute ago, Zombo said:

Sometimes ya gotta win ugly.

Take the W and move on.

Z

but damn it was flugging ugly 

• Haha 1

Two games in three weeks will define the season.  The schedule makers did us a favor. 

Joe Woods needs to figure out a defensive strategy to contain Lamar. 

Stefanski needs to make the tough call to sit Baker and feed Chubb.

Hopefully Hunt is back.

Hopefully JOK is healthy and plays well.

8-5 with a tiebreaker over the Rats and games with Cincy and Pitt left…is sitting in a drivers seat. 

6 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Two games in three weeks will define the season.  The schedule makers did us a favor. 

Joe Woods needs to figure out a defensive strategy to contain Lamar. 

Stefanski needs to make the tough call to sit Baker and feed Chubb.

Hopefully Hunt is back.

Hopefully JOK is healthy and plays well.

8-5 with a tiebreaker over the Rats and games with Cincy and Pitt left…is sitting in a drivers seat. 

Browns pretty much have to win the AFC North to get in the playoffs, you think?

All the teams ahead of the Browns this morning in the Wild Card hunt already have beaten the Browns.

2 hours ago, Zombo said:

Take the W and move on.

Z

Z, that was not winning ugly... I'll call it "winning stupid".  Baker was crippled, playing like shit... It was time to put in the relief pitcher (Keenum)....   We barely beat a crap team playing their backup QB.... 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Zombo said:

Take the W and move on.

Z

The problem with that is the team you beat is the worst team in the league 

4 hours ago, hoorta said:

Z, that was not winning ugly... I'll call it "winning stupid".  Baker was crippled, playing like shit... It was time to put in the relief pitcher (Keenum)....   We barely beat a crap team playing their backup QB.... 

Team win.

I'll take it.

Z

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Browns149 said:

The problem with that is the team you beat is the worst team in the league 

Well, that's a HELL of a lot better than losing to the worst team in the league...

Or tying.

Ya gotta win the ugly games.

Z

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, MDDawg said:

Exactly, how do the Bills, Titans and Packers feel today losing to "inferior" opponents?

To quote Chris Berman "that's why they play the game".   

However- Stef- in his infinite wisdom trotted out a one armed, one legged (maybe) qb to (barely)  beat a winless team. 

11 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Team win.

I'll take it.

Z

Yeah Z, so will I.   However- just an observation. Who's running this team- Baker, or Stefanski?   The guy was obviously limping-  throwing passes that weren't in the same area codes as his WIDE OPEN  WRs. If you think this level of play out of Baker is going to be good enough to beat the Ravens- you're out of your damn mind.    

When your sub par play two weeks running is obviously hurting the TEAM Baker- time to swallow your ego and let Keenum play until you're 1\2 healthy.  

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

To quote Chris Berman "that's why they play the game".   

However- Stef- in his infinite wisdom trotted out a one armed, one legged (maybe) qb to (barely)  beat a winless team. 

Yeah Z, so will I.   However- just an observation. Who's running this team- Baker, or Stefanski?   The guy was obviously limping-  throwing passes that weren't in the same area codes as his WIDE OPEN  WRs. If you think this level of play out of Baker is going to be good enough to beat the Ravens- you're out of your damn mind.    

When your sub par play two weeks running is obviously hurting the TEAM Baker- time to swallow your ego and let Keenum play until you're 1\2 healthy.  

Stefanski is running the team.

Baker is the starting qb. 

Nice win.

Now take down the Ravens and get a much-needed bye.

Huge game this week, I'll expect them to meet the challenge. 

Z

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, jcam222 said:

Closer to a Chubb and O line win while the others came along for the free ride. The gameplan, play calling and insistence to play an injured compromised QB is baffling. 

The defense got two turnovers and held them to 10 points. Our leader gutted it out and got us W.

Chubb and his blockers get the game balls, but definitely a team win.

Z

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Zombo said:

The defense got two turnovers and held them to 10 points. Our leader gutted it out and got us W.

Chubb and his blockers get the game balls, but definitely a team win.

Z

Plus last night we got to see Conan Herbert at work in LA on Pittspuke.😱

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Plus last night we got to see Conan Herbert at work in LA on Pittspuke.😱

I was disgusted watching the almost lucky Stoolers nearly pull that game off.. Brandon Staley makes Joe Woods look like genius on Defense...

11 hours ago, Zombo said:

Stefanski is running the team.

Baker is the starting qb. 

Nice win.

Now take down the Ravens and get a much-needed bye.

Huge game this week, I'll expect them to meet the challenge. 

Z

Z- actually the unbiased opinion, just copied it from another thread...

The NFL.com take.... this isn't the only area with the same opinion. Pluto said sit him, Gregg Pruitt- ditto.. USA Today... ditto...  

"Baker Mayfield...  has reached a new low in his NFL career. Mayfield is clearly injured, yet he insists on gutting out his multiple ailments, and Kevin Stefanski is abiding to the detriment of his offense. Mayfield was again dreadful, completing 15 of 29 passes for 176 yards, one touchdown (a short pass in the flats to Chubb) and two interceptions. Many of his incompletions were to open receivers Mayfield simply missed, the interceptions were typically ugly, and the plays in between inspired so little confidence in Cleveland's offense as it currently exists, Browns fans rained boos down on the field -- (mostly aimed at Stefanski for not pulling a gimpy Baker) while winning the game. Gone are the days of Stefanski's sharp, balanced and unpredictable attack. In its place is an offense stuck in 5 feet of mud with a banged-up quarterback trying to pull them out of it. Folks wearing brown and orange are seriously considering a future without Mayfield, who looks nothing like the quarterback who helped Cleveland win a playoff game last year. It's tough to evaluate him because of his injuries, but it's even more difficult to understand why the Browns aren't turning to Case Keenum just to give Mayfield a break."

MHO? Guts only get you so far... And I agree with Terry Pluto- and a bunch of others- that it was f'n STUPID to play Baker against the Lions.. You want to ride him Kev? You're Captaining the Titanic this year if you do. The last two Mayfield performances could have been equaled by some no-name third string nobody....  At least Baker admitted he played like crap.. Sorry Z I'm not expecting a miracle recovery before Sunday night. 

On 11/21/2021 at 6:08 PM, Zombo said:

Take the W and move on.

Z

Exactly !

How many times have the BROWNS played a fantastic game versus a good team and lost ?   Lost count ?

I'll take an ugly win any day..... especially against Pittsburgh or Baltimore.

GO BROWNS !

2nd Ravens game ?  please..

Browns’ Jacob Phillips Foreshadowing Potential November Return?

Linebacker Jacob Phillips was injured during training camp when he suffered a biceps injury. 

When the Browns placed Phillips on the injured reserve, they waited till the season - so there was a chance that he could return. It could be possible that Phillips is foreshadowing a November return to the football field. 

Phillips was the team’s backup MIKE linebacker and potentially could move around a bit. The Browns defense will gladly have a spot for him in the rotation when he is able to return, whenever that is. Such move would allow the team to get an extra boost potentially this season down the road. 

19 hours ago, hoorta said:

Z- actually the unbiased opinion, just copied it from another thread...

The NFL.com take.... this isn't the only area with the same opinion. Pluto said sit him, Gregg Pruitt- ditto.. USA Today... ditto...  

"Baker Mayfield...  has reached a new low in his NFL career. Mayfield is clearly injured, yet he insists on gutting out his multiple ailments, and Kevin Stefanski is abiding to the detriment of his offense. Mayfield was again dreadful, completing 15 of 29 passes for 176 yards, one touchdown (a short pass in the flats to Chubb) and two interceptions. Many of his incompletions were to open receivers Mayfield simply missed, the interceptions were typically ugly, and the plays in between inspired so little confidence in Cleveland's offense as it currently exists, Browns fans rained boos down on the field -- (mostly aimed at Stefanski for not pulling a gimpy Baker) while winning the game. Gone are the days of Stefanski's sharp, balanced and unpredictable attack. In its place is an offense stuck in 5 feet of mud with a banged-up quarterback trying to pull them out of it. Folks wearing brown and orange are seriously considering a future without Mayfield, who looks nothing like the quarterback who helped Cleveland win a playoff game last year. It's tough to evaluate him because of his injuries, but it's even more difficult to understand why the Browns aren't turning to Case Keenum just to give Mayfield a break."

MHO? Guts only get you so far... And I agree with Terry Pluto- and a bunch of others- that it was f'n STUPID to play Baker against the Lions.. You want to ride him Kev? You're Captaining the Titanic this year if you do. The last two Mayfield performances could have been equaled by some no-name third string nobody....  At least Baker admitted he played like crap.. Sorry Z I'm not expecting a miracle recovery before Sunday night. 

Well, that's because you enjoy being a shithead. (I mean that in the nicest way)

We don't need a miracle, we need to continue a winning formula while his body recovers. He's capable of putting it together, as we saw in Cincinnati. And now with another week to heal, and Conklin and Hunt back, there's is no reason why Baker and the Browns can't rise to the challenge this Sunday Night.

Z

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, Zombo said:

We don't need a miracle, we need to continue a winning formula while his body recovers. He's capable of putting it together, as we saw in Cincinnati. 

I'm somewhat confused by this.

Continue a winning formula? Browns are 3-3 over the last six games.

Baker is capable of "putting it together, as we saw in Cincinnati."? That's the only game in those last six games where the Browns have scored more than 17 points. 

Baker's body recovering? Physically, he keeps getting beaten up more every week. 

Zombo, I like your optimism, but you're whistling past the Browns 2021 graveyard. 

43 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I'm somewhat confused by this.

Continue a winning formula? Browns are 3-3 over the last six games.

Baker is capable of "putting it together, as we saw in Cincinnati."? That's the only game in those last six games where the Browns have scored more than 17 points. 

Baker's body recovering? Physically, he keeps getting beaten up more every week. 

Zombo, I like your optimism, but you're whistling past the Browns 2021 graveyard. 

We've won 2 of the last three since ya'll declared him, and the season, dead.

Z