THE BROWNS BOARD

Tucker undergoes knee scope

Guest Aloysius

Guest Aloysius
Report: Cleveland Browns Tucker undergoes knee scope

Browns offensive linemen Ryan Tucker underwent arthroscopic surgery on his knee Wednesday, the Elyria Chronicle-Telegram reported.

The injury often involves about a two- to six-week recovery. Tucker was listed as the second-team right guard behind Floyd Womack before the setback. The injury leaves the Browns somewhat short at guard, with Rex Hadnot recovering from a torn medial ligament. Incumbent center Hank Fraley has also been working at both guard spots.

At this point, I don't know what Mangini & Ko will do with Tuck. He may not be reliable or - at this point - good enough to fill a roster spot.

And as Mary Kay suggests, this probably makes it easier for Fraley to make the team. But we're in deep trouble if St. Clair goes down; I don't think Womack would be good at all at RT.

Weren't they giving Steinbach some tackle reps? I would think he'd move over to RT and Fraley or Womack would play at LG.

This would be a disaster. We weaken the left and the right, and he can't (nor hasn't) played RT. LT yes. And I don't see him as very good in the T position in this offense the way EM wants. Shit man, who backs up St Clair? Womack? And then who at RG?

Guest Masters
LOL....wow that is worse than I thought.

Eh. I have heard conflicting reports on Sowell's showing through camp. But something tells me a healthy body that wants to play is better than a unhealthy body that isn't sure he wants to play.

Archived