Jump to content
THE BROWNS BOARD

OSU/UM


SdBacker80
 Share

Recommended Posts

Ohio State -8½   O/U is about 64½.   It came out according to VI at OSU -6  so the betting public is going toward Ohio State.

I'm going for Ohio State by 10+ and around 40-26.     Note: this might be Harbaugh's best shot to beat the BUCKEYES but they are loaded on offense...... we'll see.    https://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/odds/las-vegas

Screenshot_2021-11-24_140945.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ohio State is penalizing themselves right out of this game.

And the Michigan players are smelling a victory....I can't blame them  after being humiliated for so many years.

9 minutes....... BUCKEYES need a miracle.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Ohio State is penalizing themselves right out of this game.

And the Michigan players are smelling a victory....I can't blame them  after being humiliated for so many years.

9 minutes....... BUCKEYES need a miracle.

Ohio State has looked bad especially on defense and they still have a chance. Down 8 with 5 minutes left

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ohio State defense didn’t adjust to the inside run.

They ran that play probably 30 times and didn’t stop it once. Horrible coaching IMO

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pick any team unit's in this game, besides WR.. Michigan was just better today

That was the Loudest, the Big House has been from start to finish in any game.. It was a factor all game

as If Hutchinson needed a showcase game on tape?  This was his dominant day 

Congrats Blue ! and  @MLD Woody you too ! Enjoy !

(now I have a brother-in-law with my converted sister to deal with all off season) 😏 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

“Some people were born on third and think they hit a triple,” Harbaugh said,
 

Says the guy born into a college football coaching family

What a classless jerk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Do you not understand what he's referring to????

Yes. He was talking about Ryan Day being handed a great situation 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

Yes. He was talking about Ryan Day being handed a great situation 

 

Yes the BUCKEYES get great recruiting classes every year loaded with 5★ and 4★ guys.    Michigan doesn't.

Congratulations to the Wolverines,  they won one.

See you in Columbus next year !    

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Browns149 said:

“Some people were born on third and think they hit a triple,” Harbaugh said,
 

Says the guy born into a college football coaching family

What a classless jerk

Clueless statement too considering it took him six tries.
 

So Jim you stepped up to the plate and got six hacks and finally connected. He had time to build a program and stumbled for years and was almost fired.

OSU needed this - hopefully the supreme arrogance has left and they’ve been humbled a bit and this team has a better focus next year. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

Clueless statement too considering it took him six tries.
 

 

OSU needed this - hopefully the supreme arrogance has left and they’ve been humbled a bit and this team has a better focus next year. 

I never detected supreme arrogance. tOSU is very young, and without a great D line like teams of the past.

They got mauled on the interior offensive & defensive lines by a hungry UM. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Yes the BUCKEYES get great recruiting classes every year loaded with 5★ and 4★ guys.    Michigan doesn't.

Congratulations to the Wolverines,  they won one.

See you in Columbus next year !    

Q. How do you get two consecutive home games against the Buckeyes?

A. Have your HC pussy out on a game you know you’re going to lose.

The Buckeyes are a team loaded with Freshman and Sophomores, that lost to a team of Juniors and Seniors.

I will more than happy to lose a game to TTUN once a decade.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Bob806 said:

I never detected supreme arrogance. tOSU is very young, and without a great D line like teams of the past.

They got mauled on the interior offensive & defensive lines by a hungry UM. 

They also didn’t adjust on defense at all. Why  didn’t they load the box and make them throw?

They ran the same running play up the middle about 30 times and OSU did NOTHING to stop it

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

They also didn’t adjust on defense at all. Why  didn’t they load the box and make them throw?

They ran the same running play up the middle about 30 times and OSU did NOTHING to stop it

Definitely agree. Ryan Day has been real good overall, for some reason yesterday was a dud. Like when Urban got roasted by Mich State several years ago.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Bob806 said:

I never detected supreme arrogance. tOSU is very young, and without a great D line like teams of the past.

They got mauled on the interior offensive & defensive lines by a hungry UM. 

True.

And Michigan not only won but booted them out of a lock 🔒 top 4 spot    -and-   Michigan might get the #4 seed....... probably to face Georgia !  AND no B1G  Championship for OSU.

And the BUCKEYES  "just"  get a New Year's day bowl game.

What a turn of events.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

True.

And Michigan not only won but booted them out of a lock 🔒 top 4 spot    -and-   Michigan might get the #4 seed....... probably to face Georgia !  AND no B1G  Championship for OSU.

And the BUCKEYES  "just"  get a New Year's day bowl game.

What a turn of events.

I’m hoping Alabama loses to Georgia and then OSU can play Alabama in a bowl game. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I too, found it odd that Day showed nothing on offense that was schemed or designed weeks ahead of The Game solely to be used in this game... Day used the same basic weekly sets, that Hutch & Blue DB's were leaning & pointing out the right directions of the plays.. Blue did their tape-work  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

True.

And Michigan not only won but booted them out of a lock 🔒 top 4 spot    -and-   Michigan might get the #4 seed....... probably to face Georgia !  AND no B1G  Championship for OSU.

And the BUCKEYES  "just"  get a New Year's day bowl game.

What a turn of events.

We'll be higher than the #4 seed if we win this weekend

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

We'll be higher than the #4 seed if we win this weekend

Let's see how the conference championships go.......ALA should have lost Saturday 4 OTs.

1. Georgia  3/4. Cincinnati ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

And he's 100% right

And he grew up in a family that got him his coaching jobs. He never had to earn anything  like Day had to

Harbut was an assistant for 1 year before he got his 1st head coaching job. Day was an assistant for 16 years

So Harbut could say he was born on third also

 

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Now that we've all cooled down since Saturday let's guess how Mr Harbaugh....and Mr Day......does compared to this bunch.  Any guesses ?

Eleven coaches are winless. Those with two or more losses are Perry Hale (0-2 for Ohio State in 1904-05), Rich Rodriguez (0-3 for Michigan in 2008-10), A.E. Hernstein (0-4 for Ohio State in 1906-09), Wesley Fesler (0-3-1 for Ohio State in 1947-50), and Harbaugh (0-5 for Michigan since 2015).

Hayes’ 11 losses in 28 games is the most, one more than the total for John Cooper, who was 2-10-1 for Ohio State in 1988-2000.

 
 

Screenshot_2021-11-28_140243.jpg

Edited by mjp28
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

And he grew up in a family that got him his coaching jobs. He never had to earn anything  like Day had to

Harbut was an assistant for 1 year before he got his 1st head coaching job. Day was an assistant for 16 years

So Harbut could say he was born on third also

 

Ah, ok, so you're missing the point (or taking it too literally). The comment is directed at Day taking over for Meyer and inheriting a loaded team/program. Day was an assistant and happened to be one for Chip Kelly early. Harbaugh played and succeeded in college and the NFL. You can debate which is more "legitimate", but that wasn't the pint of the comment. Let's see if Day can actually keep it up now that he has some real staffing decisions to make. Oh, and this is the first season Meyer has actually been off campus. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...