THE BROWNS BOARD

OSU/UM

SdBacker80

12 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

And he grew up in a family that got him his coaching jobs. He never had to earn anything  like Day had to

Harbut was an assistant for 1 year before he got his 1st head coaching job. Day was an assistant for 16 years

So Harbut could say he was born on third also

To tell the truth it was a STUPID comment.

4 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Ah, ok, so you're missing the point (or taking it too literally). The comment is directed at Day taking over for Meyer and inheriting a loaded team/program. Day was an assistant and happened to be one for Chip Kelly early. Harbaugh played and succeeded in college and the NFL. You can debate which is more "legitimate", but that wasn't the pint of the comment. Let's see if Day can actually keep it up now that he has some real staffing decisions to make. Oh, and this is the first season Meyer has actually been off campus. 

Not missing the point at all. Harbut is a classless individual, and he proves it every time he opens his mouth

He had EVERY coaching advantage growing up in the family he did. So him saying that about Day, when in fact he has had it a lot easier in his career is a joke

• Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

I too, found it odd that Day showed nothing on offense that was schemed or designed weeks ahead of The Game solely to be used in this game... Day used the same basic weekly sets, that Hutch & Blue DB's were leaning & pointing out the right directions of the plays.. Blue did their tape-work  

Part of the arrogance here 

6 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Ah, ok, so you're missing the point (or taking it too literally). The comment is directed at Day taking over for Meyer and inheriting a loaded team/program. Day was an assistant and happened to be one for Chip Kelly early. Harbaugh played and succeeded in college and the NFL. You can debate which is more "legitimate", but that wasn't the pint of the comment. Let's see if Day can actually keep it up now that he has some real staffing decisions to make. Oh, and this is the first season Meyer has actually been off campus. 

I'm sure that was his intention   -but-  he could have said it better,. or maybe not I don't really know that much about him personally maybe he's just not a good public speaker.

Most P5 head coaches are at least decent at it.....it goes along with the job..... just sayin'.

13 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

To tell the truth it was a STUPID comment.

Of course it was. But you have to consider the source. He’s known for being a jerk

26 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Day did a stellar job at OSU as a recruiter/play caller/assistant (including filling in as an HC).  So he took something over but he also played a big role setting the team up for success (including revamping the offense) before he took over as the HC. 

So cute statement from Jim…but not entirely accurate and maybe he should start talking when you have a better record than 1-5 against your rival. He’s had more than enough time to build something at a Program with a rich history and he’s had to wait a long time to make a statement like that too 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

Not missing the point at all. Harbut is a classless individual, and he proves it every time he opens his mouth

He had EVERY coaching advantage growing up in the family he did. So him saying that about Day, when in fact he has had it a lot easier in his career is a joke

Well said.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

Haha alright. You're either doing this on purpose or you really don't get it. Entertaining either way. 

If only Harbaugh had the class of Urban Meyer, huh? 

1 minute ago, MLD Woody said:

Haha alright. You're either doing this on purpose or you really don't get it. Entertaining either way. 

If only Harbaugh had the class of Urban Meyer, huh? 

You don’t get it. The guy is a jerk. Always has been always will be

53 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

I'm sure that was his intention   -but-  he could have said it better,. or maybe not I don't really know that much about him personally maybe he's just not a good public speaker.

Most P5 head coaches are at least decent at it.....it goes along with the job..... just sayin'.

It was very clear. You don't go out and directly say it. That was the point. 

11 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Ha, no comment on Meyer. I should have expected that. 

If only Harbaugh had the class to say he'll "hang 100" on them.... 

No need to comment on Meyer. Everyone knows what he is, and he is no longer at OSU

Here is the true story of the hang a 100 on them

AAE5F661-F95E-4005-BA14-F7C0999EF095.jpeg

26 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

And how would you describe Day's comment of "hanging 100" on us? Or an OSU defender posting a video stomping on our backup QBs jersey?

Were either of those stupid? (or classless)

Arrogant for sure.  Stupid too. I’ve never taken any butt kicking of UM (we’ve had a lot over the past couple decades) for granted. I thought in almost every year over the past two decades OSU has kept away from making these kinds of statements and doing these kinds of things…maybe because there were a few scares along the way close games to keep OSU centered but honestly it has been the trademark of the UM program. “Blood on the field” to “guarantee win” to Mike Hart in general.

I think this year was very workmanlike for UM. Focused for the most part for the entire year. I don’t know how the heck you lost to Sparty but Hats off to your team.

I hope next year when OSU is a year older in some key spots and hopefully wiser the order is restored.

1 hour ago, Browns149 said:

No need to comment on Meyer. Everyone knows what he is, and he is no longer at OSU

Here is the true story of the hang a 100 on them

AAE5F661-F95E-4005-BA14-F7C0999EF095.jpeg

Ah yes, from Eleven Warriors...right

Ultimately Day said it and you can sit here and pretend it works into your "class" argument. Hey, at least it wasn't Day making a video of him stepping on a Michigan player's jersey 

Kind of hard to go on and on about "class" when your team got to it's current heights behind "Youngstown Boys" Tressel and "deleted texts to protect a domestic abuser" Meyer. The latter of which absolutely provided a program to Day on a silver platter

It's been 729 days since OSU last beat Michigan

1 hour ago, SdBacker80 said:

Arrogant for sure.  Stupid too. I’ve never taken any butt kicking of UM (we’ve had a lot over the past couple decades) for granted. I thought in almost every year over the past two decades OSU has kept away from making these kinds of statements and doing these kinds of things…maybe because there were a few scares along the way close games to keep OSU centered but honestly it has been the trademark of the UM program. “Blood on the field” to “guarantee win” to Mike Hart in general.

I think this year was very workmanlike for UM. Focused for the most part for the entire year. I don’t know how the heck you lost to Sparty but Hats off to your team.

I hope next year when OSU is a year older in some key spots and hopefully wiser the order is restored.

Not to be the fan that complains about the refs, but the big ten admitted they screwed up some calls in the MSU game, and the CFP committee immediately ranked us higher, and one rep said they still thought we were a better team. That might help explain that. 

Harbaugh cleaned defensive house this off-season and it seems to have worked beautifully. Ballsy to do. I expect Day to do something similar. 

21 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Ah yes, from Eleven Warriors...right

Ultimately Day said it and you can sit here and pretend it works into your "class" argument. Hey, at least it wasn't Day making a video of him stepping on a Michigan player's jersey 

Kind of hard to go on and on about "class" when your team got to it's current heights behind "Youngstown Boys" Tressel and "deleted texts to protect a domestic abuser" Meyer. The latter of which absolutely provided a program to Day on a silver platter

It's been 729 days since OSU last beat Michigan

729 only because of the covid-19 year break.

I wouldn't play the numbers game and Michigan it's not your strong suit this century....... just sayin'.  ;)

1 minute ago, MLD Woody said:

Even the one with an * by it...

Or wait, that was probably before 2011

Either way. This is still fun. 

Go Blue

What * have I missed?

We'll see how Harbaugh is able to maintain his staff and deal with roster turnover. MacDonald is my biggest concern.   But 2016 was an upperclassman laden squad and they couldn't get by an offensively inept Buckeyes team.    There isn't any type of history of that man making this a yearly thing.   Credit to their coaches, UM was ready and outplayed us.  

4 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

What * have I missed?

We'll see how Harbaugh is able to maintain his staff and deal with roster turnover. MacDonald is my biggest concern.   But 2016 was an upperclassman laden squad and they couldn't get by an offensively inept Buckeyes team.    There isn't any type of history of that man making this a yearly thing.   Credit to their coaches, UM was ready and outplayed us.  

hahahhaha  I was just thinking about the same thing was this just a one off deal ? or can ttun maintain there winning ways

43 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

What * have I missed?

A lot of nonsense in that 2016 game we don't have to rehash

* Was the win OSU vacated, but that was before 2011

I got tickets to the title game so I'm riding that high

2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Hey, all I heard were the numbers for years... 

Especially by buckeye fanatics...... but there were some funny memes.  Not bad if it doesn't really get nasty.

Same thing as the poli stuff but far less mean not to mention incorrect.......ok I won't mention it.  :lol:

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

Especially by buckeye fanatics...... but there were some funny memes.  Not bad if it doesn't really get nasty.

Same thing as the poli stuff but far less mean not to mention incorrect.......ok I won't mention it.  :lol:

Most of them were just real annoying. Spoiled trolls. Especially young buckeye fans that don't know disappointment.

They can hear all this shit until I get bored. Eat shit THE Ohio State

15 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Most of them were just real annoying. Spoiled trolls. Especially young buckeye fans that don't know disappointment.

They can hear all this shit until I get bored. Eat shit THE Ohio State

And I’m okay with UM fans rubbing it in…let’s be honest they waited long enough. 

When the coach gives bulletin board material though…I’ll say thank you as an OSU fan 

When you think back on this whole Michigan versus Ohio State thing it really gained traction during the Ten Years War period.

The Bo Schembechler versus Woody Hayes period,  both teams were good.

We had a fundraiser back just out of this period for a local high school teacher from Brookfield Ohio who had MS and a young family.  I got to meet Earle Bruce and Bo at the event.  Earle was ok but Bo was really an amazing guy came all the way down at his own expense.  Amazing event.

I try to measure all coaches since on both sides by their examples.  Hopefully the rivalry gets back to that #1 vs #2 standard.  Will it, who knows.