THE BROWNS BOARD

BROWNS' record in primetime compared to the other 31

mjp28

The Cleveland BROWNS record in primetime is.... not so hot since the first MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL game or 1999 or however you want to measure it.  I've found several articles none up to date but it gives you an idea of how they perform under the lights.  It also shows that the leaves in appearances are teams like Dallas, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Chicago (see list).   

If you have any better lists please let us know about them.   And our BROWNS have another chance to improve their primetime record on SNF !    

Primetime Records of All 32 Teams Since 2006........ more readable......

As I was getting myself psyched for my Vikings to play tonight, I remembered how poorly they've played in primetime games in recent years. So I decided to look up how each team has done under the lights and how it compares to their overall records.

I chose to start from 2006 because:

• that is when NBC was awarded the rights to air Sunday night games

• ESPN began to air the Monday night games

• NFL Network began airing Thursday Night Football games

The teams with the large media markets end up with the most primetime slots. The teams that have been successful within the past decade usually win most of their night games as well though there are some outliers. Some teams play at night as well as they do at any time (like the Chargers who have the same primetime record as their overall record). Others play worse (like my Vikings, 29% at night while 47% overall) and others play better (Seahawks have a 77% win percentage while holding 54% overall).

I went ahead to include how each team did when viewed on certain networks. The Chicago Bears won a respectable 23 of their 42 primetime but seem to dominate on Monday night, winning 12 of 16. The Dallas Cowboys have played 31 times on Sunday Night Football, the most amount of appearances of any team on any primetime network. The Detroit Lions have never appeared on NFL Network during Thursday Night Football.

Team Name Primetime Games Primetime Record Overall Record SNF Record MNF Record TNF Record
Arizona Cardinals 16 6-10 (37.50%) 71-73 (49.31%) 2-2 2-5 2-3
Atlanta Falcons 23 9-14 (39.13%) 77-67 (53.47%) 3-2 2-9 4-3
Baltimore Ravens 31 17-14 (54.84%) 90-54 (62.50%) 7-5 6-7 4-2
Buffalo Bills 8 1-7 (12.50%) 58-86 (40.28%) 0-1 0-3 1-3
Carolina Panthers 18 6-12 (33.33%) 69-74-1 (48.26%) 1-4 4-3 1-5
Chicago Bears 42 23-19 (54.76%) 78-66 (54.17%) 8-11 12-4 3-4
Cincinnati Bengals 20 5-15 (25.00%) 73-69-2 (51.39%) 0-6 3-4 2-5
Cleveland Browns 12 5-7 (41.67%) 48-96 (33.33%) 0-1 2-2 3-4
Dallas Cowboys 48 27-21 (56.25%) 84-60 (58.33%) 17-14 4-5 6-....... continued ---->

Another article no list.......

6 years ago Jay Cannon...... Cleveland sports talk.....

The Cleveland Browns have a long history with the primetime stage that is Monday Night Football. The longest, actually, outside of any team besides the New York Jets. Yes, that’s right, your Cleveland Brownies won the very first edition of ABC’s Monday Night Football back in September of 1970 on a game-sealing pick-six by none other than backup linebacker Billy Andrews.

Since that fateful night back some 45 years ago, the Browns have had their fair share of experience on MNF. The franchise has compiled a record of 15-14 on Monday Night, good for the 14th best winning percentage in the league since the dawn of the program. A pretty middle-of-the-road résumé, sure, but a great deal of anguish, joy, an excitement has gone into that overall mediocre record (sound familiar?).

Let’s take a look at the the good, the bad, and the ugly memories that the Browns have given us on MNF since 1999.

From 2015........ see link for numbers......  https://waitingfornextyear.com/2015/08/cleveland-browns-national-television-record/

When Saturday Night Live debuted in 1975 critics called the initial cast the “Not Ready for Prime Time Players.” Insiders believed that an eclectic variety show full of mostly unknown performers would never last on broadcast television. The comedians embraced their underdog status and worked to craft the show into an American institution. That same moniker could apply to the Cleveland Browns since 1999. Some teams step up when playing under the bright lights of NFL evenings; the Browns tend to melt.

Since returning to Cleveland, the Browns have played in 19 prime time games (any game taking place after 8pm EST) and hold a 6-13 record. The club is 3-6 at home and 3-7 on the road...... continued.......

* Please note every time I posted the link in post #1 it printed the list...... please delete it if you want.

Just did it again, I've never seen that before.

The Cleveland BROWNS record in primetime is.... not so hot since the first MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL game or 1999 or however you want to measure it.  I've found several articles none up to date but it gives you an idea of how they perform under the lights.  It also shows that the leaves in appearances are teams like Dallas, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Chicago (see list).   

• 2 weeks later...

Not only just prime time what is our record against the Lions? Cards? How many times have we won games against Steelers Ravens ?? We have been the laughing stock of the NFL for far to long, I am willing to bet people are very sick of seeing the same teams always in first while us always `holding down the rear, The Lions are another team that is always in last yet we almost NEVER EVER beat them and that is even the old team. I don't think it is just 1 player making us play bad as of late in last few seasons Higins caught everything that was close to him now he is hardly open hardly even plays and when he does play he is running the wrong play or something, Same with other wr, I know I say a lot of stupid things during games and I am very negative but shit give me a reason to be positive. Us fans deserve better the city deserves better the team deserves better but year after year we get political promise that adds up to a steaming pile of shit, The Owner and or president comes out and tells us they are dedicated to finding the right people to do the job and yet they do the same exact thing they have been doing and think there will be a different result. What do you think Hue Jackson meant when he said sooner or later  people will have to be held accountable for the Browns losing? We scored a total of 3 touchdowns in the last 3,  games, That is garbage that is telling me we need a change at QB because he is either hurt or simply no longer can win. 

Sorry about that source it had the data but it was really hard to copy and paste  plus the link itself was just screwed up !

They won the first MNF game and not many more same with Thanksgiving Day football games.

Oh well GO BROWNS....we still love 💗 you.

......... even the picture was hard to find I had to screenshot it.

Screenshot_2019-09-10_072128.jpg