THE BROWNS BOARD

GO BLUE

MLD Woody

54 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

536 total yards, 290 were Cardale's. Which included passing his way out of a 21-6 deficit.  

That was the gameplan, then he had to sling the rock. 

Everyone stacks the box then Cardale just had to hit the open guy

Luckily he didn't go to OSU to play school, so he was ready to go

On 12/7/2021 at 7:51 PM, tiamat63 said:

Actually, tOSU did it with a 3rd string QB.

In a playoff game.

I appreciate your attempt though.

Ah, but did he come back on the field to win after being assisted off to evaluate a knee injury (wore a brace the rest of the season) on a TD throw?   LOL!

BTW just so you know. My connection to Alabama goes all the way back to my HS coach (1962-65) who was a Bama grad and our HS Principal, also a Bama grad. I admired both of those guys and always teased them about having to steal the Bear from A&M to get those National Championships. Unfortunately many years later when when my coach was Superintendent of Schools in Columbus, Ga. almost 30 years ago, a nighttime intruder in his home stuck a large dagger in his heart and he died on the spot.

https://www.ledger-enquirer.com/news/local/article29349244.html

A&M's starting QB that was elevated there after the injury to the starter Haynes King, is now in the transfer portal and A&M will have to start a walk-on true freshman who has thrown less that 10 passes all year. This will be a disaster against Wake Forest in the Gator Bowl, so get your bets in early. There is no backup unless they take the TE Eli Stowers back off that position which they had switched him to from QB this fall. With two of the best QBs in the nation coming in this spring and the following spring along with King returning from injury, it is no surprise that the 4th best among them is in the transfer portal. We were lucky to go 8-4.

12 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Let's see if the Aggies can do anything with them...

Already seeing more parity in recruiting thanks to NIL, which is good. The next class will be the real indication.

They have had 4 top 10 classes in a row including this one. When this class is all juniors that will be the real test. This year we had to play with a 2nd string QB who has already entered the portal. He knows he will not see the field again with 3 more talented QBs on the roster ahead of him. Our bowl game will be without a real schollie QB and gone are our best RB, DLman, OLman and TE after they declared for the draft early. I still can't figure why they are favored by 5 still.

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Our bowl game will be without a real schollie QB and gone are our best RB, DLman, OLman and TE after they declared for the draft early. I still can't figure why they are favored by 5 still.

Because Wake's defense is ACC awful.. They're defense is nationally ranked 115th.. 2 slots behind mighty DukE at #113🤭

4 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Because Wake's defense is ACC awful.. They're defense is nationally ranked 115th.. 2 slots behind mighty DukE at #113🤭

Better in hoops ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/4/2021 at 10:45 PM, TexasAg1969 said:

Beware the SEC. You can ask OSU about that. I think it likely Mich faces Georgia and if they win that, Bama.

Oh well, mice and men.😈

The real question now becomes can Georgia make up for the blowout SEC Championship loss? Metchie is out for Bama and he was a real key in that win.

3 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

He was out against Cincy too, so they just changed some things for Williams a bit so they did more ball control with running and shorter pass routes.

Bama and their commitment to the running game had less to do with Metchie and more to do with how Cincy structured their defense.  It was going to be a rush heavy game before Metchie was announced out - which is why Vegas hammered the under so hard.

10 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Bama and their commitment to the running game had less to do with Metchie and more to do with how Cincy structured their defense.  It was going to be a rush heavy game before Metchie was announced out - which is why Vegas hammered the under so hard.

True, but what Bama usually does is hammer with the run game and set you up deep with Williams about 4-5 times a game by clearing the underside with Metchie with constant threats to short/intermediate routes as part of that run game/PA. Williams took on that usual Metchie role which was easy for him since they always have to fear him blowing by deep. Either way it was a great plan of ball control to keep the Cincy O off the field cooling their heels on the bench. Robinson was in beastmode.

Now the upcoming game with Georgia is gong to be a greater challenge without Metchie unless one of the lessor used WRs steps into his role. I think without him Georgia has a far greater chance to win it all the second go-round. I can't see another Bama killing like they did in the SEC Championship game. It's gonna look like an NFL knockdown dragout IMO. This is going to be old style trench warfare. They both have the lines to do it if Georgia doesn't play scared.

• 8 months later...

@TexasAg1969

I gave you a 36hour grieving period, but this was the best thread to resurrect this topic...

After joining the company of Michigan's 15 year old historic failure,  I'm putting a 10 year moratorium on any and all "S-E-C BRUH" talk from you.  

This embargo can and will be lifted early, contingent upon Texas A&M winning a conference title. 

All reviews and determinations are final. Thank you for attending this hearing.

• Haha 1

Except for tia's  last post  GO BLUE  was from 2021 and January 1 & 2,  2022.   I'll wait for some updated posts......just sayin'.  

Get with it   BLUE   fans.  (besides Woody not many around) 

Good question,  well ALA, ND lost but #4 ?   Really ?   Maybe 8-10 ?  We'll see what happens next week. 

There is more parity in college football every single year.    GO BUCKEYES, YSU both  2 -0  and  ND 0-2 ?   Blew it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...