THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns can be in First Place in Two Weeks

Zombo

53 minutes ago, Zombo said:

There needs to be a rule about fans that gave up and started talking draft picks.

Nothing over the top, just like a fiery death and ass cancer. Not in that order.

Z

time em out for  being stupid

9ers potting a hurting on the bungals Hell Ya

we are sitting just out of the last wildcard but…

Patriots can help us next two weeks…Colts and Bills. 

Colts have the Pats and then the Cards.  9-8 likely.

Chargers schedule is pretty soft from here on out.  I would put them at the 5 seed, which could be interesting if we get the 4 and they have to come to the Land. 

Denver has a tough schedule the rest of the way and we have the tiebreaker.

Now the interesting part.  The division games are huge of course at Pitt, Cincy.  We win those two we would hold the key tiebreaker should there be a tie at the top of the division.

Massive game Saturday of course. 

10 hours ago, ATOM said:

damn man com down we won

I like winning!

Did have to go back and edit some mean, Ghoolie-like responses, I went heavy on the IPAs in my victory celebration and was headhunting Negative Nancy's.

Just glad to be back on the winning side of the ledger ... now no letdown against the Raiders!

Z

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Zombo said:

I like winning!

Did have to go back and edit some mean, Ghoolie-like responses, I went heavy on the IPAs in my victory celebration and was headhunting Negative Nancy's.

Just glad to be back on the winning side of the ledger ... now no letdown against the Raiders!

Z

Lol ..my guideline is no smartphone after 4 IPAs.It becomes a rule after 6 haha 

Makes me type some crazy stuff, even visit the Political forum...yikes 

Looking forward to Saturdays tailgate & Raiders game. C'mon Browns, win it.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Zombo said:

I like winning!

Z

after next weekend we have a damn good chance of being in first place half way there

18 hours ago, Zombo said:

I like winning!

Z

Sorry for being a curmudgeon, but the Brown's play in relation to making the playoffs doesn't inspire a lot of confidence.  

On 12/13/2021 at 5:56 AM, Zombo said:

I like winning!

Z

Browns are 6 point favorites against Vegas.

https://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/

On 12/13/2021 at 6:42 AM, Bob806 said:

Lol ..my guideline is no smartphone after 4 IPAs.It becomes a rule after 6 haha 

Makes me type some crazy stuff, even visit the Political forum...yikes

So it brings out your S&M tendencies you say?😱

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Yup, "Just win out baby!!!" No problem. 

We just won.

Against a team we hate and rarely beat.

So normally I would be partying all week ... But here comes the Covid News raining down.

Only Covid is more depressing that your takes.

Zombo

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, ATOM said:

so what has to happen for us to make the playoffs ?

Let's say Cincinnati beats Baltimore (it's 24-7 Cincy now) and Pittsburgh loses to Kansas City.

The standings would be:

Cincinnati 9-6
Baltimore 8-7
Pittsburgh 7-7-1
Cleveland 7-8

The Browns pretty much have to win the AFC North to get into the playoffs. If Cincinnati wins next week, the Browns would be eliminated from winning the division title. If Cincinnati loses, the Browns would have to beat both Pittsburgh and Cincinnati, putting the Browns and Bengals both at 9-8, with the Browns winning the division by tie-breaker. Baltimore would win the division in this scenario if they won both of their games to go 10-7. 

Remaining games:

Cincinnati: Kansas City and Cleveland
Baltimore: LA Rams and Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh: Cleveland and Baltimore

It's not as crazy as it seems... if the Browns beat the Steelers next week, and the Bengals lose to the Chiefs (very, very possible) the AFC North would go into the final week with Cincinnati at 9-7, Baltimore at 9-7 or 8-8, Cleveland at 8-8 and Pittsburgh eliminated at 7-8-1. In this scenario, if Baltimore wins both of their last games, they would win the division. If they lose one of them, it goes to tie-breakers. In this scenario, if the Browns beat Cincinnati, they'd beat them on head-to-head tie-breaker. 

Basically, a lot has to happen. The Browns and Ravens split, so what would be the next tie-breaker if they tie?

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Let's say Cincinnati beats Baltimore (it's 24-7 Cincy now) and Pittsburgh loses to Kansas City.

The standings would be:

Cincinnati 9-6
Baltimore 8-7
Pittsburgh 7-7-1
Cleveland 7-8

The Browns pretty much have to win the AFC North to get into the playoffs. If Cincinnati wins next week, the Browns would be eliminated from winning the division title. If Cincinnati loses, the Browns would have to beat both Pittsburgh and Cincinnati, putting the Browns and Bengals both at 9-8, with the Browns winning the division by tie-breaker. Baltimore would win the division in this scenario if they won both of their games to go 10-7. 

Right, the only way in is to have these dominos fall. Browns win out and...  

1) Bengals beat Ravens.     Lose to the Chiefs at home next week. BTW, the Ravens play the Rams next week. 

2) Steelers lose to the Chiefs later today...  

3) EDIT: I'll correct myself.. AND Baltimore must lose at least one of their remaining two games...  

Anything other than the above and the Browns are eliminated. And there can't be any ties either....  There is a scenario for a three way tie at 9-8, but the Browns win that one on best common record among the three tied teams. 

A Wild card is out of reach, too many teams with better records, and we've already lost to most of them.  

Double EDIT:  Two down, only four  more to go....  

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

The standings would be:

Cincinnati 9-6
Baltimore 8-7
Pittsburgh 7-7-1
Cleveland 7-8

Remaining games:

It's not as crazy as it seems... if the Browns beat the Steelers next week, and the Bengals lose to the Chiefs (very, very possible) the AFC North would go into the final week with Cincinnati at 9-7, Baltimore at 9-7 or 8-8, Cleveland at 8-8 and Pittsburgh eliminated at 7-8-1. In this scenario, if Baltimore wins both of their last games, they would win the division. If they lose one of them, it goes to tie-breakers. In this scenario, if the Browns beat Cincinnati, they'd beat them on head-to-head tie-breaker. 

Basically, a lot has to happen. The Browns and Ravens split, so what would be the next tie-breaker if they tie?

The Tie Breaker if Browns and Ravens end with same record is the Divisional Record and should the  Ravens lose today.  We would have a better divisional record assuming we win the next two weeks 

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

The standings would be:

Cincinnati 9-6
Baltimore 8-7
Pittsburgh 7-7-1
Cleveland 7-8

Remaining games:

awesome we still have some life