THE BROWNS BOARD

The next republican president will need to clean house at the corrupt DOJ

calfoxwc

getting really bad, folks.

https://redstate.com/streiff/2021/12/08/merrick-garland-announces-department-of-justice-will-try-to-block-texas-redistricting-plan-n488232

Merrick Garland Announces Department of Justice Will Try to Block Texas' Redistricting Plan

16 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

I was going to post this same story but in a very different way...But I'm not surprised you're lining up to defend gerrymandering as long as it helps Republicans... Smh

Your usual mistake is not understanding the definition of words. Of course redistricting looks like the map you used to try to get people to think it's bad.

Redistricting has a valid intent.

You use "gerrymandering" in place of redistricting, not knowing the difference.

I'll help:

https://maryforderry.com/redistricting-vs-gerrymandering/

Redistricting vs. Gerrymandering

6 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

I think they should do them on a grid geographically.

wSS

the point is, why should a representative get elected for a population of say, five, have the same vote as a representative who has 7,ooo in his district?

from the link above:

"Redistricting is a generic and formal term for rearranging voting district boundaries after each decennial census. The goal is to roughly equalize the number of constituents represented by each elected official for a particular office. Fair redistricting would accomplish this task based on community boundaries and similarity of interests. It would not take voting patterns into account. "

53 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

the point is, why should a representative get elected for a population of say, five, have the same vote as a representative who has 7,ooo in his district?

Hey take a map of the United States cut it up into equal squares and see where the blue is concentrated and where the red is concentrated.

🤔😀

WSS 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Your usual mistake is not understanding the definition of words. Of course redistricting looks like the map you used to try to get people to think it's bad.

Redistricting has a valid intent.

You use "gerrymandering" in place of redistricting, not knowing the difference.

I'll help:

https://maryforderry.com/redistricting-vs-gerrymandering/

Redistricting vs. Gerrymandering

Cal, I know what these terms mean... and this is clearly an attempt at gerrymandering. You can call it just redistricting all you want, but that doesn't change reality. 

Again, look at the map I posted. How are you going to defend the shape of district 33? 

Republicans have very clearly taken an anti-democracy approach to  winning future elections. They want less people voting, they want to make it harder for historically Dem groups to vote, and they want those Dem votes to mean less. Gerrymandering like this in Texas (and other states) is just part of this plan.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Cal, I know what these terms mean... and this is clearly an attempt at gerrymandering. You can call it just redistricting all you want, but that doesn't change reality. 

Again, look at the map I posted. How are you going to defend the shape of district 33? 

Republicans have very clearly taken an anti-democracy approach to  winning future elections. They want less people voting, they want to make it harder for historically Dem groups to vote, and they want those Dem votes to mean less. Gerrymandering like this in Texas (and other states) is just part of this plan.

Republicans have very clearly taken an a democractic approach to  winning future elections. They want a fair and legal voting process!